Vinyl in Frankfurt?

teddyrossoteddyrosso 268 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Got 12 hours Frankruft transit time on my way back from Africa,anyone have a rundown of shops that have used vinyl? My MPS jazzcollection is not big enough .. any help apprichiated!

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I was just there Mythos was a good spot. He just got back from Utrecht I believe hopefully he has something for you. Cool dude too. Thanks Honky Fipple for sending me over there.

• Try "No. 2" in Frankfurt Sachsenhausen (U-Bahn "Schweizer Platz" --> walk to the Wallstr. 15) and the nearby "Sick Wreckords" store. No. 2 is the better place, but since Sick Wreckords is VERY close to it, you should check for records there too. It's located on the corner Wallstrasse and Schulstrasse.

Big Black is close to those too. (www.bigblack.de)

And definitely go to Mythos. Probably the coolest record store owner in Germany. Great selection of nice Prog and Psych and some cheap stuff too. I found great records there. Demon Fuzz, The Back, Cymande, etc
    Mythos: H??henstr. 20 / U-Bahn "H??henstrasse"

GOOD LUCK! Hope to see you in Utrecht in November. Let's have a Soulstrut party in Amsterdam later this year!!!

• Hey,
    Do you know this shop called the Pro Vinyl shop? Kon and I are djing in Frankfurt in two weeks..don't know the venue yet, but the promoter offered to take us shopping at this Pro Vinyl Shop. Just wondering if its any good.

Amir

• Hey,
    Do you know this shop called the Pro Vinyl shop? Kon and I are djing in Frankfurt in two weeks..don't know the venue yet, but the promoter offered to take us shopping at this Pro Vinyl Shop. Just wondering if its any good.

Amir

it's ok. but make sure you tell him you want to get to the other stores too. i used to find some nice hip hop at pro vinyl. hardly any old jazz, soul and funk though. mostly reissues. no holy grails raer. i doubt you will find any good stuff there.
    a guy i know that lives close to frankfurt scored the best records at "no. 2". for example the first kitty winter OG for 7 euros. it's either hit or miss, but definitely worth a try.

maybe there are some nice disco records at pro vinyl. i never checked that place for disco. also because i have absolutely no clue about disco.

• ok kool... thanks for the info. Well, the promoter said that he would let us into the basement of the store to dig..so who knows. However, I will try the other stores too.

Amir

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I got a frankfurt from a street vendor once that tasted like vinyl. Needless to say I bitch slapped the mofo who sold me that garbage. I only eat quality franks

• I feel you, but I don't eat frankfurts..so you barkin' up the wrong tree. Anyhoo, the venue that Kon and I are playing at is called ENOV e.v in Frankfurt...anybody got any words of advice about this venue and party???? Please Mohgul...no jokes I ain't in the mood.

Amir

• ok kool... thanks for the info. Well, the promoter said that he would let us into the basement of the store to dig..so who knows. However, I will try the other stores too.

Amir

now that's sth different. i don't live in frankfurt and have never been to their basement. in fact, the last time i was at pro vinyl must have been 4 years ago.

hey, i couldn't find any info on enov e.v in frankfurt. what are the names of the DJs there? is the name enov right? never heard of it.

good luck!

• Enzo e.V. with Michael R??tten (supposedly the German Gilles Peterson). I have no idea. Never heard of him or the Enzo event. Sorry, Amir. Good luck with the gig and the records. In fact, the basement of Pro Vinyl could be nice.

Mythos could be worth a visit. I don't know if he sold or bought at the ARC, so I can't guarantee anything. But he usually has a very nice selection of Euro/US Psych and Prog.

• thanks man... I appreciate the info. You're right could be nice there in the basement...at least I hope. This party is supposedly an "underground" legend in Frankfurt...besides I heard frankfurt is where the ladies are at in Germany.. Is this true??? Please drop some knowledge.

Amir

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    besides I heard frankfurt is where the ladies are at in Germany..

never that !

• ok...put me on where the ladies are at in germany.

amir