just hanging out

BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
edited April 2007 in Announcements
april 12 | rest in peace fuckfaceeuphoria fades [color:#666666]You???re barely even conscious so what is the useIt???s true that I???ve never been in your shoesAs they march you to Mexico, commit petty crimesMore pharmaceuticals to buy you some timeWriting notes of self-loathing with razor bladesA constant reminder when euphoria fadesIn the Central Valley starlight, I smile up at youAnd pick out the planets; are you watching us tooI???m sorry; I love you; I miss youI peak through the windows and barricade the doorI scratch at the ceiling and dig at the floorIt???s so cold outside but it???s frozen in hereI hide in the corner and tremble in fear [/color]

Comments

• May the Central Valley starlight bring you peace.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Before coming to this party, I was feeling the need for renewal. I've been listening to new music. New to me.

DJ SHADOW - This Time(I'm Gonna Try it my Way) b/w This Time(I'm Gonna Dub it My Way)

This little curiosity has a small hole. It's also got two radically different instrumental tracks accompanying the same vocal. Side A is the single/album mix. Side B is the slowed down, freaked out vocal with stronger, louder drums. For today, I'll take the "Dub it my way" version.

RAHSAAN ROLAND KIRK - Other Folks' Music

Why was I sleeping on Rahsaan Roland Kirk for so long?* A couple months ago, I went ape for Blacknuss. Now I'm having a similar experience with Other Folks' Music. I love the way the bass sounds on this record, but I know nothing about Mattathias Pearson, and the internet is not helping. When the album opens with the Robeson sample, I just knew I was in for it again.

FAMILY OF EVE - I Want to Be Loved by You b/w Please be Truthful
    Well done by the fellows at Lotus Land. This might even put a smile on your face today .

Speaking of Lotus Land, do you think they ever get their 17.50 from Kevin ? And what ever happened to the Quinn Harris record they were supposed to put out?

Although I've got a stack of old new records in front of me, it's getting late for an old lawhound like me. So I'm listening to Judith & Holofernes Abraca e tristeza before bed.

[color:red]They're far too messy
    These games that people play
    And besides
    I'm not very good at them anyway.[/color]

Chin up.
    Pants dry.
    Cheeks wet.

JRoot

* [color:white]I think he got unfairly tarred with the Yusuf Lateef brush. Try as I might, I just don't like [color:blue]The Blue[/color] Yusuf Lateef.[/color]

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Cycles

It's good to see you all here again.