Fav Electro/Freestyle 12"s...

2»

Comments

• MurcMurc 15 Posts
    Tom Browne - Rockin' Radio

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    keymatic - breakers in space

Information Society - Running (instrumental)

are we allowed later electro too?

in which case I would probably nominate

Drexciya - Aquatic Bata Particles

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I love some Electro but I just cannot get with Freestyle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Freestyle is really bad and some of the most trite melodies, singing and lyrics over electro tracks...right?

Its not that simple, but Freestyle doesnt hold up the way Electro does, IMO.

For a minute Freestyle was crazy in NYC, especially w/ the Latin crowd.
    The classic hold up, but im not tryin to hear that shit for more than a haff an hour set.

Electro I can fuck w/ for a little longer. U can at least lace Classic Electro w/ Nu-Electro that was being made in the late 90's.
    latino crowd disagrees

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I love some electro but I just cannot get with Freestyle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Freestyle is really bad and some of the most trite melodies, singing and lyrics over electro tracks...right?

School me if I'm
    'trite melodies, singing and lyrics'

this is kind of a meaningless sentence ... u realize everyone says this about shit they dont like, right? and it also describes pretty much all pop music?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• Thanks for all the tips.

Also, I know I've heard a couple hot ones that were sung in spanish. Any leads???

• Dynamix II - Just Give the DJ a Break is the classic, but more often I wind up spinning the Purple Beats instrumental when in my own quandrant.

I actually work with one of the Dynamix II guys here in Austin that did this song. Cool guy and he gave me a stack of hip hop 12"s awhile back.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Planet Patrol : Rock At Your Own Risk...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Dynamix II - Just Give the DJ a Break is the classic, but more often I wind up spinning the Purple Beats instrumental when in my own quandrant.

I actually work with one of the Dynamix II guys here in Austin that did this song. Cool guy and he gave me a stack of hip hop 12"s awhile back.

That's cool to hear that he lives in Austin.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Freestyle isn???t a subject I???m too up on but have loved this track since it dropped.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    This one came before the Royal Cash version as far as I know...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Even before the red label Bay Area 12-inch? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that was from 79 as well.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Wonder if anyone can help me out here with a Freestyle request.

Some of you might know the Def City Boyz / Bopsey Twins record that dropped on Snowflake records 85/86ish. If one of my favourite hip hop track ever, and its kind of special to me as its from the period when I first started to get sent hip hop tapes.
    Well I spoke (via myspace) to producer of the track Frankie Bones and he said he record another two tracks with Def City Boyz but they were not hip hop but freestyle and recorded under the name ???Spirit Matter???. Has any one by any chance got or at least heard these tracks?

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Elektra - Feels Good

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts

208. Roses Are Red - Maribell

Spanish or English? I say Spanish.