WEEKEND FINDS!! and then some...

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rey....that looks incredible.....what's the deal??

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Late 60's NY Latin soul. It's deep.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Late 60's NY Latin soul. It's deep.

Looks that way. mp3?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I have too much time on my hands right now. Finally cleaned up the clutter in my room and bought an expdit.

The Arena self-titled I got from Bevan in a trade/cash deal. Really interesting as far as dynamics. Some definite fusion/progressive grooves on this.

Shirley Scott "Latin Shadows" is produced by Gary Mcfarland. Easy listening in the good sense with a "latin tinge".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

That record is great... however, it's not quite the uber-obscurity that the packaging might suggest.

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
    A few little dude pulls over Easter...

JIMMY PONDER / WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS - in ex cond, a nice addition to the Chess / Cadet catalogue

BILLY LARKIN & THE DELEGATES / HOLE IN THE WALL - first one I've found from these guys, tasteful organ jazz that'll be great for the coming sth hemisphere winter

And a long time want finally in the box...

BETTY ADAMS / MAKE IT REAL - love this type of biz

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Is that Delegates on World Pacific Jazz?

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts

Yes. Really nice condition too

I also grabbed the Roy Meriwether Trio - Jesus Christ Superstar Goes Jazz LP.... there's a version of Billy Taylor's I Wish I know How - nice heavy drums but then the sound craps out about 1/2 way through.

And I forgot the Cold Blod / Thriller LP - again nothing super kicking but nice additions all the same

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Yes. Really nice condition too

I also grabbed the Roy Meriwether Trio - Jesus Christ Superstar Goes Jazz LP.... there's a version of Billy Taylor's I Wish I know How - nice heavy drums but then the sound craps out about 1/2 way through.

And I forgot the Cold Blod / Thriller LP - again nothing super kicking but nice additions all the same
    Cool, I have a Delegates 45 somewhere on World Pacific that is super nice organ jazz, I've never seen anything else of theirs though. I think the title is something about 'Salt & Pepper' or something like that.
    I grabbed a bunch of things, at the Tauranga easter book/record fair & also hit up a few of the Mt Maunganui thrift stores today & got some ok things. Am calling in to peep a 3000+ 45 collection in Waihi on my way back to AK on friday, so hopefully I'll have some stuff to photograph for next weekend's finds.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

plaese to explain the version of the Hobbit you got there! what is the label? is it a dramatization? who reads it? or is it a different packaging of the animated movie soundtrack? J.R.R.'s legacy on wax is always greater than one can grasp he had special elf powers

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

I thought MarcoFunk won this? Where'd you get a copy?

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    2nd hand game came up with absolutely nothing this weekend. So...

• brothasbrothas 22 Posts

^
    it's all right...to fuck all night!
    it's ok..........to suck all day!

did ya cum?
    did ya cum?

was it fun?
    was it fun?

nice break too.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

^

did ya cum?
    did ya cum?

was it fun?
    was it fun?

nice break too.

A couple nice breaks, actually. The lyrics are funny, too--I actually sort of like the "la la la" parts in a cheesy-good sort of way.

Plus, a title like that pretty much begs to be bought.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

^

did ya cum?
    did ya cum?

was it fun?
    was it fun?

nice break too.

I have this. While the sentiment is nice, her face on the cover ruins all fun.

Deepstank. But it was on eBay? What did it go for?

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts

plaese to explain the version of the Hobbit you got there! what is the label? is it a dramatization? who reads it? or is it a different packaging of the animated movie soundtrack? J.R.R.'s legacy on wax is always greater than one can grasp he had special elf powers

the label is Caedmon 1975 and J.R.R. Tolkien is the reader. The man himself on wax!!!! and its mint

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

Four of these are from Good Records in NYC (thanks Johnny). The Gerry Weil was a DC thirft store find. It is a raer Venezuelan press jazz LP (autographed on the back too). Nice version of "the Jody Grind" on it but the whole LP is great.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

There have been no copies on ebay for at least a year, maybe more, sweetpower sold one of them. I think they both sold for over $150, but I'm not certain. They are not in the popsike vortex.

Deepstank is selling his records?

it's not quite the uber-obscurity that the packaging might suggest.

Trippin!

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    my new finds are now in 3D!!! So put on your glasses.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and for those without glasses

• salviasalvia 279 Posts

There have been no copies on ebay for at least a year, maybe more, sweetpower sold one of them.

There was this badly listed one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mega-Rare-Latin-Funk...1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone have any soundclips for this?

There have been no copies on ebay for at least a year, maybe more, sweetpower sold one of them.
    Nice. Keep that price up, marco!

• whoa, is that the lineup? Ricardo Marrera and Bobby Marin? that musta been a serious stickball team.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

There was this badly listed one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mega-Rare-Latin-Funk...1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone have any soundclips for this?

I have the album on MP3. It's okay... I wouldn't call it deep.... but I think ray barretto "Latino!" is deeper than nearly all of the hyped latin/latin-jazz records I hear. And I can't get with shingalings. The funkiest track is "barbara..." if that's your interest.

From Rich for the cost of shipping:

I mainly wanted it for the cover but the condition of the record was better than I expected--only the first song on each side is badly affected by the warp. Rich rocks!

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Rich rocks!

You just wish you could be rich.

also scored great copies of
    Roscoe Shelton -- Music In His Soul, Soul In His Music
    and
    Howard Tate -- s/t on Verve

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    my new finds are now in 3D!!! So put on your glasses.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and for those without glasses

Is that Revival Dub something to do with Vital Dub by the Revoltionaries? The one with the guy smokin the joint on the frontin a small picture (yellow background)?

Is that Revival Dub something to do with Vital Dub by the Revoltionaries? The one with the guy smokin the joint on the frontin a small picture (yellow background)?

No. It's still the Revolutionaries and on Well Charge, but two different lp's

revival dub:
    http://roots-archives.com/release/3151

vital dub:
    http://roots-archives.com/release/1706

I'm sure both are great too. Cause that revival dub is mighty nice

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

the label is Caedmon 1975 and J.R.R. Tolkien is the reader. The man himself on wax!!!! and its mint

oh cool, thanks for sending it to me!

just kidding. Im'a find one somewhere. That label makes sense - i have a similar one - its JRR on Caedmon reading his own Elvish poetry - IN ELVISH. very, uh... odd.