Photoshoppers step-up!

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Will this be the next Photoshop phenomenon? Shit is other-worldly. I would imagine this being in The Re-animator for some reason.

Comments

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

Saw that photo on Boingboing. More photoshopped versions
    HERE

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts

What's the story behind this?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    A quick one before bed ...

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    I had to do one myself a bit obvious but here it is..

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    someone please stick her head on Linda Blair!

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    one super slight thread hijack...

is there a way to take internet images for photoshop/powerpoint usage without them getting crazy pixilated i know to try to take biger pics, but when none are available...what to do?

thanks. and lets get hillary's head on darth sidious shooting lazers out her fingers

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    and lets get hillary's head on darth sidious shooting lazers out her fingers

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Holy shit, this thread has me taking an extended ride in the ROFLcopter.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Ain't beating the Funkadelic, though this had me laughing...
    IMG SRC=http://img.waffleimages.com/2cda1525a0e0679739b737f738f76da7e4d91c75/bueller.gif>

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    okay one more before I go home..

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    okay one more before I go home..

Wow, really just..wow that is fucking awsome.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

is there a way to take internet images for photoshop/powerpoint usage without them getting crazy pixilated i know to try to take biger pics, but when none are available...what to do?

I'm no expert, but I have used PS for years on some trial and error steez. If you open them in photoshop, you can go to image size and change the resolution to a higher one, and sometimes, if you play around with the sharpen and blur filters you can make the image a bit bigger without the pixelation being as bad as it would be by just increasing the actual dimensions of the image. I'm sure a real PS head can tell you something better, but that's a start.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

lol I posted that last night and have no idea how that ended up in the post. Dope photoshop job

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

I'm no expert, but I have used PS for years on some trial and error steez. If you open them in photoshop, you can go to image size and change the resolution to a higher one, and sometimes, if you play around with the sharpen and blur filters you can make the image a bit bigger without the pixelation being as bad as it would be by just increasing the actual dimensions of the image. I'm sure a real PS head can tell you something better, but that's a start.

There's really no good way to enlarge images. Web images are generally very low resolution (72 ppi vs. 300 ppi for print).

The only recommendation I can make is to enlarge images in photoshop using the "Bicubic smoother" algorithm, which is designed specifically to optimize enlargement .

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

thanks. and lets get hillary's head on darth sidious shooting lazers out her fingers

What do you mean? Opening an image in PS from the internet shouldn't effect the resolution at all. It should look exactly the same. Are you trying to increase the size for printing purposes? If so, no, there is little you can do aside from blurring it and trying to make it look less awful.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    this is hysterical. where did this come from? who is hillury looking at?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

There's really no good way to enlarge images. Web images are generally very low resolution (72 ppi vs. 300 ppi for print).

The only recommendation I can make is to enlarge images in photoshop using the "Bicubic smoother" algorithm, which is designed specifically to optimize enlargement .

I'm sayin' though, leave it at 72 dpi and enlarge the image and then compare it to changing the dpi to a higher resolution and then enlarging the image, it comes out a lot better that way. When you increase the resolution before enlarging the image, the dots or pixels that you are enlarging are smaller to begin with, there are more of them, so when you enlarge, the pixelation isn't as bad as it would be if you left it at 72. That's all I'm gettin' at.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    this is hysterical. where did this come from? who is hillury looking at?

Just a little photoshop fun at work.

Left to right are Former Senator Mike Gravel, Hill Dog, Former Senator John Edwards, and Senator Barack Obama.

• this is hysterical. where did this come from? who is hillury looking at?

Just a little photoshop fun at work.

Left to right are Former Senator Mike Gravel, Hill Dog, Former Senator John Edwards, and Senator Barack Obama.

But who is she yelling at in the original picture?