SAMPLING CDs AND ADDING VINYL CRACKLE...WHY ???

2»

Comments

• brothasbrothas 22 Posts
    the true question her is whether cd's will ever have that "crackle."

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts

Is there a plugin that emulates the sound of old samplers like the sp1200??

that might be cool if it sounded right

There's the fx2100 by acquit - http://www.vst-archiv.de/downloads/zeigePlugin?pl_id=198;

It's sounds pretty good, and is way better than just a bit crusher.

The thing with plugins is that you do need to know what you're doing, otherwise it just sounds so obvious. I think a mix of good outboard and quality plugins can't be beat. I mean noone can deny the impact Waves have had can they? I think too many things get slammed through an L2, but they are topnotch plugs regardless.
    the zip. file doesn't work for me and the homepage seems to be offline
    any other page where i can get that vst?
    thanks

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

That "year" knob is intriguing...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

It looks cooler than it is.... just different stages of EQ to reflect the time periods. 30s/40s is all midrange with scooped his and lows and has that gritty sound but you can get better effects with a full fledged EQ in whatever program you are using.

that being said, VINYL is a pretty cool plugin .

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

The year knob is the whole shabang, the rest is a bunch of bs. The dust fader can find its moments nore frequent than the rest but that artificial noise shit, nooooo. I'm not saying it doesn't have a place at all, but they are kinda robotic sounding to use for myself, I can't understand their implementation because of it. Shit, theres enough real crackle to go around in a vinyl produced track anyway! But record an instrument and put that year knob to 1960 or 1930 and listen to the new track sit right there in analog land w/ the rest of the realness. Theres probably better options but that shit was f-r-e-eeee
    The 1930s kinda just like a 'telephone' setting and they broaden up.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I used to only sample vinyl, but I had to sell all of my records a few years ago, and all of the stuff that I've been making lately has been sampled from mp3s that I download.

ALL of your records? come on......