Neil Young - Live @ Massey Hall 1971

2»

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I guess it's time for me to post the 8 cd set of live recordings that my friend sent me a few years back. Tapes starting in the late 60s all the way through present. Some really amazing performances, including the infamous "keep on rocking in the free world" from SNL.

http://tinyurl.com/opdfg

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey by the way, is this CD on sale yet? I would like to go buy it today.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Yes and you can get a latte at the same time.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

What is it only on sale at Starbucks or is it at also at actual music stores?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

You can probably get it at an actual music store.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

HIPPY

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

HIPPY

Hahah. Yeah man. Dude I'm here at my mom's house and like she's telling me stories about dating the drummer from the Chambers Brothers and about how Buddy Miles tried to kidnap her and shit. Fuck, man. I'm hippy as fuck. HAPPY PASSOVER!

• frogmanfrogman 22 Posts
    what up cos its jasper... you need this in your life.
    can I get a word on the mynah birds? you must have that right?

similar, my grandmother's second husband was Tony Scott (RIP), just passed last weekend and she was telling me about all kinds of 50s downtown jazz scene dudes scheming on her!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

HIPPY

Hahah. Yeah man. Dude I'm here at my mom's house and like she's telling me stories about dating the drummer from the Chambers Brothers and about how Buddy Miles tried to kidnap her and shit. Fuck, man. I'm hippy as fuck. HAPPY PASSOVER!

That's awesome. I hope everybody's doing good over there.

You really need to buy this CD. It's incredible and you will definitley dig it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    btw welcome Jasper - it's good to see you up in here.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    THEE Jasper? What's up dude? Welcome to the end of your productive time dude, I think I was telling you that in Miami. Yo, you back in NY or in LA?

As for Minah Birds, I've never been able to find that. I'm not actually sure if they've ever unearthed any of the recordings of them, if there even were recordings by them. I've heard stories of demos that we're supposedly recorded at Motown as well.

And man, my mom was like full on in the scene back in the day and all the time breaks down all sorts of shit. She worked for a while for Frank Zappa, and then she got a job as the script revisionist for the production of "Hair" back in the day, where she met my dad (who did set design for it.) She knew and was friends with a gang of notable people both on the east and west coast, and all the time tells me stories of hanging out with everyone from Allen Ginsburg to Robert Plant to Kathleen Cleaver. My mom drops knowledge.

yes THEE....

Im in NY for a minute then out to LA this friday for Pete's knot tying ceremony... woah! I been big on the family thing lately... its amazing digging into their past with them, buncha crazy artsy fockers with stories in my family too. Im actually documenting (video) with some of them, been real fun.

Tony Scott kinda fell out of favor when "jazz clarinetist" fell out of favor, but he said fuck it, moved to asia (with grandma fab in tow) and recorded shit like Music For Zen Meditation. And new age was born!

and whats up day, thanks.... productivity is so relative these days...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Got it. It's GOOOOOOOOOD...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

They are at actual music stores, as well as Target (who had it on sale on the first week of release).

Since everyone is throwing in their favorites, my favorite album is still After The Gold Rush[/b]. I grew up with that one, as it was a favorite of one of my uncles. I didn't get into Harvest[/b] until way later. On The Beach[/b] is very good too, the high resolution mix on the DVD-A is amazing.

Can't forget about Time Fades Away[/b]. It's still one of my favorite album covers too.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    damn the footage i posted last nite stopped working

anyway, here is smoldering neil from the massey concert

Old Man

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    this deserves to be revisited.

just got it, and my face was melt.