Why do Old people not appreciate bass?

2»

Comments

• dj magic mike cds

One of Mom's brand new Fisher home audio 15's blew thanks to this guy.

I've been lying to my Mom for 13-14 years now.

"Mijo, why does the speaker sound so weird?"

"I don't know, Ma. We should take it back and complain!"

I heart 808

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Yeah, I remember when I first fell in love with bass. Back in atlanta they used to have car stereo competitions. Its was insane. My man jordan got way to into it though. He went from listening to pretty much regular hip hop, to pretty much nothing but dj magic mike cds. Which was cool. But then he would just listen to the stero subwoofer show room demo cds that would just play a sine wave bass tone at different frequencies. He loved to see that car rattle.

Coming from the South, I like the feel/sound of bass a lot when I'm driving. I played "Wobble Wobble" to death when I got a new car for college graduation (it came with some pretty decent Infiniti speakers). I'm not as crazy about it in our current apartment, because the acoustics are weird (high ceilings, wood floors, no carpet, and not enough furniture to absorb the sound).

During my freshman year of college, I had to have an "intervention" with one of my suitemates because she complained about the noise when my (black) friends came over to hang out. It was really offensive because she had white people over all times of night (she was biracial) and insisted that the noise we were making was "a different kind of noise," ie ni99a noise.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i appreciate bass

• i appreciate bass

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i appreciate bass

a little crackers with your bass?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    i appreciate bass

a little crackers with your bass?

What a cute lil cracker.