Imaginary Witness Hollywood the Holocaust

2»

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Do the numbers, there is more money pleasing WASPS.

cosign (no, no sell soul)

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

Growing up I had no one Jewish/ Semetic to Identify or look up to except maybe the Iron Sheik ( )

What about your Dad?

• I really feel that Jews are often portrayed as non-heroic people in Hollywood. I can't think of too many films in which the hero was a proud semite. Quite often we are the jokey sidekick or the scared hebrew version of the jigaboo stereotype. The only recent film I can think of that remotely touched upon a Jewish person being tall and proud was a parady spoof of blaxploitation films called "the Hebrew Hammer".

So you want bad-ass Jews? Those Hasids in PI were bad mothertruckers...

There are plenty of funny Jews... Chaplain's "The Great Dictator" show a Jew who was both funny, and incredibly proud. While that might not be what you are looking for, I think that's good PR out of Hollywood for Jews. How can you hate people that are so damn funny?

• ahhh I forgot goldberg. In Jewish Day school were taught that there were 2 good Jewish athletes Dolph Schayes and Sandy Koufax...Thought that was some pretty weak shit...us Hebrews need to step game up and raise the childrens confidence

Guzzo....

They missed a big one: Hank Greenberg[/b]

Hank Greenberg: #5
    First Baseman
    Born Jan 1, 1911 at New York, NY Died Sept 4, 1986 at Beverly Hills, CA
    Ht: 6-3 1/2 Wt: 215 Threw and Batted Righthanded
    Elected to the Hall of Fame in 1956
    Despite losing 4 prime seasons to WWII and another to a fractured wrist, Hank Greenberg still walloped 331 homeruns. His peak year was 1938 when the slugging right-hander hit 58 homers after driving in 183 runs the year before. His last day of the season, 9th inning grand slam won the 1945 pennant for the Tigers. A two-time MVP, he closed out his career in Pittsburgh, shooting at Forbes Field's "Greenberg Gardens" (from Cecil Greek's Page).