record spots in switzerland ?

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
will be there this summer and was wondering anyone know any good stores/dealers/fleas/shows etc...i know there are some dealers on ebay from le suisse with crazy records but they seem a bit too pricey for me, actually now that i think about it that whole country is probably too damn pricey for me...anyways if anyone knows any spots with some cool stuff (libraries/funk/jazz, etc) i would appreciate it...dave

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I was only there for about a day, but I found a spot called Oldies Records in Bern. I think it's in Bern, near the train station. It was fairly decent. Unfortunately I was only there that one day and I found it about 20 minutes before they were closing. I picked up the gomorrha lp and some polish jazz records.

It's worth checking out, at least it was in 2001.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    thanks i'll be in zurich but i think it is a pretty small country so i should be able to get to that one...

dave

• LuusoLuuso 17 Posts
    I'll be travelling to Zurich-Basel in April and I think there ain't any decent spots in Basel.. but Zurich Anyone?

• ScopeCGNScopeCGN 163 Posts
    Yo Dave,

try to contact DJ Pesa in advance, he has a private sale in his cellar with serious heat:

http://www.pesa.dj

Get all your money with you, I saw not much countries more expensive than switzerland... And I saw a lot...

All the best & have much fun out there,

Scope

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    yea I'll be in Zurich Easter weekend I'm sure everything will be closed on sunday. Leaves me one shopping day in town. Doubt I'll have a chance to dig. Unless it's a random record store walk by...

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    if you're searchin some hiphop/funk/soul i would recommend these three stores

6pack -> nice collection of hiphop and extensive collection of disco/funk/soul
    hum records -> not so big collection but some rarities.. the funk rarities are very pricey tho
    mono records -> hiphop and the biggest funk/soul collection i've seen (ok i didnt see very much stores besides those ) the dudes there also know their shit very well

yea enough money is a must.. i spend 300chf easily in one diggin day

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    are thoes stores in zurich?

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    yep all of them
    6pack and hum records are near together.. monorec is in an other part of zurich

• in Zurich the best spot for libraries is Spooky Sounds, and you might want check 16tons too...

there is also a flea market on saturdays at the "Kanzlei Platz" that can be pretty nice

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    There??s SERIOUS stuff to be found in Switzerland, but as others say, maybe a bit pricey. I remeber Grope telling me about this dealer he traded with who was like some Swiss Biz Markie (Swizz Markie !!!!) or something. Anything he wanted, dude would root through his cellar and say "got it". Pretty cool.

Pretty place, too. Zurich has loads of good clothing stores, if you??re into, you know, clothing and stuff...

- J

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i cried when they took Heidi away from her grandfather.

• Dave - Switzerlands a place of stunning beauty, be sure to take in some mountains & the national potato & veal dish (forget the name, rosti something!?), holy shit, Interlaken is cool too

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Zurich:

6 Pack Records' owner DJ Nail is a really decent dude. Also holler at Sprutzi (sp?) at Mono records in Neiderdorf.

take a ride to Beil and look around there... can't remember any spots, but check it out. It's the swiss version of a rough neighborhood.

• Most of Z??rich's record shops are in the same part of the city, so if you take the tram to Stauffacher you'll be in walking distance of most of them. These are a few of the better ones but there's also others worth checking I can't think of. Z??rich's expensive but definitely a cool city for record shopping. Also bear in mind that the shops will be shut from 16.00 - 17.00 on the Easter Sat and won't open again till Tues.

Zero Zero's - B??ckerstr. 54
    16 Tons - Rotwandstr. ?
    Spooky Sounds - Freyastr. ?
    Tapioka - Freyastr. 21
    6 Pack Records - Badenerstr. 131
    RecRec - Rotwandstr. 64
    Bikini - Zeughausstr. 55

On the other side of the city is Mono: Froschaugasse.