Bmore (latepassrelated)

2»

Comments

• wtf?!? amazing. I hope E-40/hyphy heads see this. who knew ghost riding the whip dates back to an early 20th century dwarf cult?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    buy Ayres stuff

I'm not one to jump on bandwagons and shit, but if I like something I'll play it.

cosine, ayres' ladadee and tell me when to go were killing it over here last summer.. the girls seem to dig it more than the dudes i've noticed, not complaining, just sayin'

for some reason the Tell Me When To Go remix also really resonates with dwarves

holy shit! that was like some alternate version dream take from the wizard of oz!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Baltimore Club is bigger in Philly than it is in Baltimore, especially at primarily African-American clubs, and this predates Hollertronix

i wanna say 10 years ago Armands Records was selling 45s of "watch out for the big girl", "put ya leg up", "pick it up" and keeping them stocked right next to where the turntables were. not sure when these records actually came out, these could have even been reissues. the philly radio mix show djs were playing these songs all the time back then too.

yeah. i never saw "pick it up" on 45 but I have the other two. those were bootlegs, I think they were done in DC

Those 45s were made in Philly.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    At some of the most mainstream parties I've been playing I'll slip in a little bit of bmore 'cause the shit is just fun. I've noticed a lot more interest lately from real mainstream djs as well. But yeah, KW Griff's "Respect" and Diplo's "Twist and Shout" have been working for me for a lot of different crowds all over the place. But yeah like Ayres said, you can't play it for more than a few cuts. Vin Sol and I collectively as The Superfriends recently dabbled in it to update an old SF classic, its up on my myspace: http://www.myspace.com/deejaymorsecode

• slushslush 691 Posts
    if samir's theme doesn't make everyone go crazy, then I don't want to be at the party.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    i got two copies of this record at a thrift store in queens. peep the extras it came with!

pimphouse music business card and handwritten note from the producer to the promoter: "hi terron, What's up? when you go to a party or a club please give the dj a record thanks, diamond"!

the record is dope too

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    i got two copies of this record at a thrift store in queens. peep the extras it came with!

pimphouse music business card and handwritten note from the producer to the promoter: "hi terron, What's up? when you go to a party or a club please give the dj a record thanks, diamond"!

the record is dope too

the record is dope too

This is more my kinda club shit. Even the best of the recent tracks out there don't have anywhere near the same rawness and diversity of sounds. I was just listening to a track off one of DJ Ice's "Iceland" series from the early 90s that had a crusty-ass rumbling 808 that is the illest kick this side of P.S.K. plus an earthquake. The biggest improvement that the later dudes brought to the game was better quality record pressings to capture such huge sounds- a lot of classic tracks were marred by quiet pressings back in the day- but that seems to have corresponded with an unfortunate shift away from the truly gritty SP1200 beats. And now it seems like the new jacks are just looping their shit up on laptops and releasing shit on mp3 only.

Somebody call a

• Hey, thanks for schoolin me!

I appreciate all the information...

Yeah, I ordered a few records from Labcabin the other day, a few of the Ayers joints too (didn't know it was Urrrs at the time, but I thought it was some of the better stuff).

Anyhow, alot of this just strikes me as really effective dance music, including/especially the (at times corny) mashups. You can just tell they'd pull people to the dancefloor... and if it pulls hipster chicks... all the better.

Peace...
    FNM

• 2) it is popular at hipster gatherings

extremely popular with hipsters but it can't be the raw grimy shit like rod lee or craig diamonds

they need to hear the fluffy light cars remix or some Paul Simon mix. It has to be a remix of a white artist from the 80s.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Baltimore has its Bmore scene just like detroit has its ghetto tech, Chi town has Dance Mania and Miami has bass. Theres good and bad records in every scene. Just cause hipsters are into these sounds now are no reason to write them off. Its just nice to be able to play club records that fun and get the girls on the floor.

• At some of the most mainstream parties I've been playing I'll slip in a little bit of bmore 'cause the shit is just fun. I've noticed a lot more interest lately from real mainstream djs as well. But yeah, KW Griff's "Respect" and Diplo's "Twist and Shout" have been working for me for a lot of different crowds all over the place. But yeah like Ayres said, you can't play it for more than a few cuts. Vin Sol and I collectively as The Superfriends recently dabbled in it to update an old SF classic, its up on my myspace: http://www.myspace.com/deejaymorsecode

yo, let us fools download that business. I been givin the bojangles jawn spins bro, and bammer was kinda a high school anthem... keep em coming.