artists you just can't stand....

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I know the hate mail is gonna roll in and the BAN but,
    stevie
    prince
    neither of them hit me the right way, i can tolerate prince more than stevie though. not horrible music just not good to my ears

Explain.

And where are u from?

I cringe errytime I see Jennifer Lopez. I dont see how she's remained this long. Yeah, she looks good, but she cant sing a lick. And dont run that Madonna shit w/ me either.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I have a hard time with Prince too. He's certainly talented and I understand why folks like him, he's just not to my personal liking.

You're crazy on Stevie, though. I can't imagine how anyone could dislike him.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    eminem

I have a hard time with Prince too. He's certainly talented and I understand why folks like him, he's just not to my personal liking.

You're crazy on Stevie, though. I can't imagine how anyone could dislike him.

I could see someone who hasnt grown up w/ Prince or Stevie not feelin' them. I think its exposure and context.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Bitches

I'll second Eminem. Dude can rhyme his ass off, but his songs come out kinda crappy to me.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I'll second Eminem. Dude can rhyme his ass off, but his songs come out kinda crappy to me.

I agree except for The Eminem Show which was fire from start to finish.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I just spent 8 hours writing a discourse on why Kenny G is the artist I can't stand, when I check and see that Pat Metheny had already said everything I had just written.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Jay-Z

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    stevie
    prince

neither of them hit me the right way, i can tolerate prince more than stevie though. not horrible music just not good to my ears

Are you sure you have ears. Drop some Pat Metheny style knowledge on us. I'd be interested in hearing how Stevie (Wonder?) is unstandable.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    stevie
    prince

more like ban x 1000

• coldplay. peace, stein. . .

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    stevie
    prince

Explain.

And where are u from?

from northern california born 1983
    i think my dislike is a response to everyone going nutso over both of them and none of their music really comming too tight. there are no moments in stevie (that i have heard) that my ears like. I know hes done alot for blind music and i support the guy for doing blind drum solos but really not feeling anything i have heard. I would be really willing to check out anything anybody thinks would change my opinion. ive heard mostly the popular tunes and liked him for a while because everybody else did till i have him a listen to really check whats up for myself and found that his music urked me.

i wish i could give a more descriptive explanation of why. ill put some thought into it and see if i can be more elequent. its been welling inside me and id like to discuss with some fans of his i just havent been able to put into words what exactly is wrong with his music.

my beef wish prince is I feel that there is just plain old better 80s music that doesnt get as much shine. also i remember someone telling me that prince is the essence of funk when i was much younger and was horribly misled. that left a bad taste in my mouth.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    stevie
    prince

Explain.

And where are u from?

from northern california born 1983
    i think my dislike is a response to everyone going nutso over both of them and none of their music really comming too tight. there are no moments in stevie (that i have heard) that my ears like. I know hes done alot for blind music and i support the guy for doing blind drum solos but really not feeling anything i have heard. I would be really willing to check out anything anybody thinks would change my opinion. ive heard mostly the popular tunes and liked him for a while because everybody else did till i have him a listen to really check whats up for myself and found that his music urked me.

i wish i could give a more descriptive explanation of why. ill put some thought into it and see if i can be more elequent. its been welling inside me and id like to discuss with some fans of his i just havent been able to put into words what exactly is wrong with his music.

my beef wish prince is I feel that there is just plain old better 80s music that doesnt get as much shine. also i remember someone telling me that prince is the essence of funk when i was much younger and was horribly misled. that left a bad taste in my mouth.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    both of these artists would be proud of your allegiance.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    also i remember someone telling me that prince is the essence of funk when i was much younger and was horribly misled. that left a bad taste in my mouth.

well, yeah clearly some shit must've happened to you when you were young. you obviously need help; I just don't think this is the right place to looking for it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    none of their music really comming too tight...
    there are no moments in stevie (that i have heard) that my ears like.[/b]

WOW. I have seen it all.

How/why did you find Soulstrut, btw?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    well you obviously need help
    my mind is open,
    any ideas?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    seriously that is some crazy shit.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

I just feel sorry for you.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

WOW. I have seen it all.

this is a cry for help,
    what stevie songs will convert me?
    im just not knowledgeable of his catalogue i guess
    something without his hermonica plaing prefrably

• none of their music really comming too tight...

WOW. I have seen it all.

this is a cry for help,

what stevie songs will convert me?
    im just not knowledgeable of his catalogue i guess
    something without his hermonica plaing prefrably

moving on, john mayer.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

WOW[/b]

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    coldplay

dave matthews band

keane

all those pussed out new 'alt-rock' posers like fall out boy, etc

train and all similar wuss adult bands who make even Hootie + the Blowfish sound ok.
    barenaked ladies for example! oh look, its 'eating 200 cheeseburgers and cracking bad jokes rock'! college was so fun yet painful! lets start a band! FUUUUCK yeah bro!

nickelback.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    in retrospect, looking at the title of the thread, this was the wrong place to drop that. my appologies. but i still welcome any suggestions to tracks that i might not have heard that will change my opinion.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    in retrospect, looking at the title of the thread, this was the wrong place to drop that. my appologies. but i still welcome any suggestions to tracks that i might not have heard that will change my opinion.

Hey, ultimatlely you like what you like (or don't). I think most of us are bugging on you feeling that way considering the board you're on.

As far as suggestion go, anything from the mid-60's through the early 80's.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Day, thank you for the response, i was afraid i had seriously offended some folks on this board. Stevie is really just one RandB/soul act that i do not like. I will listen to more of his music and keep an open mind about it, dude won 2 grammys and an oscar and had over 30 top 10billboard hits, so im probably not hearing something right.
    i put on the only stevie that i have:
    Minnie ripperton - perfect angel
    Minnie ripperton - take a little trip
    i gave them each the focused listen all the way through and still it wasnt for me.
    ill check some of his earlier stuff. i remember liking gone till summer, anyone know what album that is off of?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

???

He produced Perfect Angel so I don't know how accurate that is for judging his own output. You're better off getting these for a start...

All of these are absofuckinglutely

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

He produced[/b] Perfect Angel so I don't know how accurate that is for judging his own output.

Yeah, I started to say. If you don't like Stevie, then that's just your taste - I don't like Minnie Riperton's records, myself - but you gotta judge the man by the albums he made under his own name[/b], not something he produced or played on by somebody else.