YOU ALL NEED TO BUY CONSQUENCES NEW ALBUM

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
It's fucking really good. I went to go buy the new Devin joint and looking through the new releases I decided to check out Consequences "Don't quit your day job" as well and I was really suprised how good the album is. From already listening to it 4 times- every damn song, except for the last joint, is either a banger for the clubs, whips, and just a dope song (wow i just wrote that). Dudes got some funny punchline tracks (Why do you think we goin' to the "W" for/Because old girl filled out them jeans like a W-4), some g-unit/queensbridge click-clack bang bang" joints, and yes....post tribe kufism's (there's even a john legend track ,snitches, that should be a single directed to the young moma's in america). and every beat is bangin. From the intro track where Koolade flips Nautilus to the Kanye Joints and to the few Young Lord (Terror Squad?) made. Too bad this album is flopping and knowing is really checking for it. Basically I haven't feel like this about a rap album in a few months. And the shit is real short and to the point.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Bwahahahahahahaa!

Okay

Bwahahaha!

Please be serious

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    the comic version of 'quence is rockin' a latte. just an observation.

• Bwahahahahahahaa!

Okay

Bwahahaha!

Please be serious

:hipswish:

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Picked this up yesterday.

Some wannabe Kanye West as produced by Kanye West.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I was sent 3 songs from this album and 2 of them I liked a lot. I guess I'll have to listen to the whole thing.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i got the promo a while back. bleck

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Is this the guy who ruined Beats, Rhymes, and Life?

Along with Jay-Dee.

And Phife.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

in fairness, I think that was a group effort.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I was sent 3 songs from this album and 2 of them I liked a lot. I guess I'll have to listen to the whole thing.

No need....you already heard the 2 good songs

• Picked this up yesterday.

Not enough shadow beatz?

• Is this the guy who ruined Beats, Rhymes, and Life?

that album has a some great songs on it. some filler for sure though but you really don't know what you're talkibg about and should stop

yeah that just happend.

that album has a some [/b] great songs on it. some filler for sure though but you really don't know what you're talkibg about and should stop

I love it! You can actually see the hesitation in this sentence! "Shit, there really is only one good song...fuckit, I'll write 'some' and leave it at that."

• of course I did, Chadwick Von Peabody! I'm not going to get all deej on you say "it's a superflous and flawless effort" especially after having follow up with Midnight Marauders, but damn if you can't feel a good amount of tracks on that album then you wheren't listening to rap or are over compensating or where too busy buying electronic and mo' wax releases.

just shoot yourself if you can't get into "The Jam" or "Get a hold On".

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    superflous

"This word, 'superfluous'. I do not think it means what you think it means."[/b]

that's Michael P. Checkrophone III, Esq. to you homes.

• superflous

"This word, 'superfluous'. I do not think it means what you think it means."[/b]

what move is that from? and what's that waxidermy thing, some guy nodding his head going "I got in all right here...I remembered it".

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Chadwick Von Peabody!
    over compensating
    too busy buying electronic and mo' wax releases.

Young Phonics is

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

this cover might just be worse than that Ladybug solo joint

• Who wants to bet that his coffee cup contains a non-fat mocha with whipped cream, but he's salty 'cause he asked for a non-fat caramel mocha with whipped cream?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    superflous

what move is that from? and what's that waxidermy thing, some guy nodding his head going "I got in all right here...I remembered it".

princess bride starring...

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i like the "callin me" track that was up on digiwaxx a few months ago and his verse in "spaceship" was pretty good. will check this out if i don't have to pay for it.

• this cover might just be worse than private press turd[/b] It's almost as bad as a private press turd

reeeeeeeemix

this cover might just be worse than private press turd[/b]

Is there supposed to be an insult lurking somewhere in this post?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Back to Beats, Rhymes, and Life,
    "Wordplay"
    One of my favorite Dilla beats ever.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I'm not going to get all deej on you say "it's a superflous and flawless effort"
    1. i've never misused superfluous
    2. i don't think i've ever said anything like that ever? remember i'm known for "8.5" not "10.0"

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    JPaycheck: have you received a letter requesting the mailing of the latte 'Quence is holding on this cover?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Who is this guy? Was he in Dialated Members or whatever than junk was called?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

1. i've never misused superfluous

Ah, but have you misused superlative[/b]?

Because clearly that was his ... um ... intent.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Picked this up yesterday.

Not enough shadow beatz?

Quite the contrary. Too much Shadow beat.

More like a bag of Kanye West reject beats.