Holla Back Girl - Diplo remix

2»

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    damn speak of the devil. got one for y'all too.

right out the oven, crowd tested seal of approval. shit will get your party movin for sure.

Hollaback_Kiss_kidgusto_Mashup

**get at me if you want the full copy.

peace.

Nice! I dig the Kiss mashup more than the Tony Toni Tone/Diplo remix (and those are some TOTAL new jack swing drums at the beginning) but who am I to say.

Kid Gusto vs. Prof. round 1:

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VAQB63LWM5G63F2O5QR0OK6D0

I've been sitting on this for about a month, but have been a bit shy about playing it out. any (constructive) criticism is welcome.

late.
    N*****,

D O P E !

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

right out the oven, crowd tested seal of approval. shit will get your party movin for sure.

peace.

Nice! I dig the Kiss mashup more than the Tony Toni Tone/Diplo remix (and those are some TOTAL new jack swing drums at the beginning) but who am I to say.

I've been sitting on this for about a month, but have been a bit shy about playing it out. any (constructive) criticism is welcome.

late.

prof_rockwell - 1

kidgusto - 1

diplo - 0

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

It's Baltimore Club. The drums are Gaz "Sing Sing." Almost all Baltimore Club uses those drums.

Duly noted - opening drums sound like Collins's 'Think' though...

Trainspotters Anonymous

• Options
    1 hour of DJ Deeon, STAT!

When I used to spin parties at cocaine bars, the DJ Deeon "Dik Suk" track was a staple. You know the one I mean, that "Suckin my dick...is what you wanna do.....lickin my balls...until they turn blue". That one. People like that shit.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    JB - you get the disc yet?

Not yet.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

It's Baltimore Club. The drums are Gaz "Sing Sing." Almost all Baltimore Club uses those drums.

Duly noted - opening drums sound like Collins's 'Think' though...

yep. and the hollaback drums are on there, and a bongo pattern that I don't know

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Not yet.

Hmmm, please let me know by Wednesday next if it still isn't there and I'll ship a replacement - by the way, your PM's switched to 'No Accept' mode...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I tried submitting my Ying Yang remix, but it didn't get on there.

I got two Ying Yang remixes on there:

Ying Yang Twins - Whisper Song (Crut's Hush Up Remix)

http://itstherub.com/music/Ying%20Yang%20Twins%20-%20Wait%20(The%20Whisper%20Song)(Crut's%20Hush%20Up%20Mix).mp3

Ying Yang Twins vs The Smiths - Wait (Nick Catchdubs remix)

http://itstherub.com/music/Catchdubs%20-%20Ying%20Yang%20Smiths%20remix.mp3

John yours was the one with My Neck My Back, right? I like that one a lot but I was doing that blend live already...

I tried submitting my Ying Yang remix, but it didn't get on there.

I got two Ying Yang remixes on there:

Ying Yang Twins - Whisper Song (Crut's Hush Up Remix)

http://itstherub.com/music/Ying%20Yang%20Twins%20-%20Wait%20(The%20Whisper%20Song)(Crut's%20Hush%20Up%20Mix).mp3

Ying Yang Twins vs The Smiths - Wait (Nick Catchdubs remix)

http://itstherub.com/music/Catchdubs%20-%20Ying%20Yang%20Smiths%20remix.mp3

John yours was the one with My Neck My Back, right? I like that one a lot but I was doing that blend live already...

OH! I have to check the page again, my fault for not seeing that.

My mix was the one where I made a new beat for it, with the jazzy keyboard loop running through it.

Not yet.

Hmmm, please let me know by Wednesday next if it still isn't there and I'll ship a replacement - by the way, your PM's switched to 'No Accept' mode...

Really? I got a PM from someone yesterday, and I don't touch that shit. Didn't I read a post about that the other day? Anyway, not sure how it happened but I'll undo it. (EDIT: PM is now open)

I will keep an eye out for the CD.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts

peace.

late.

cheah! good to hear that the versions have begun to spout from the surface. props to de Professor on the nastybraekhollabackheat.

peas.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

cheah! good to hear that the versions have begun to spout from the surface. props to de Professor on the nastybraekhollabackheat.

peas.

Awww gee, you guys really like me!

• loginlogin 52 Posts
    1 hour of DJ Deeon, STAT!

When I used to spin parties at cocaine bars, the DJ Deeon "Dik Suk" track was a staple. You know the one I mean, that "Suckin my dick...is what you wanna do.....lickin my balls...until they turn blue". That one. People like that shit.

You should hear Deeon's new 12". And Dj Funk still fucking it up. Juke juke juke that ass girl...

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Ya'll are some haters.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Ya'll are some dudes with independent opinions and tastes.

Ya'll are some dudes with independent opinions and tastes.

then how about some constructive criticizm instead of just writting it of as "cheesy" or "hip-house circa '89" or whatever else.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    maybe these other dudes but I (along with some other cats) said this about Dip's remix of The Gwen song:

props to diplo no doubt for getting some major label remix work. Im not really feeling this too much. But I mean, I dont know what the fuck I would do with that song either.

co-sign 100%. Get that formerformeryaper

Definetly not hating, the few times I've chopped it with dude he's been nothing but class. Geez, I thought MyLatency was the only Diplo sycophant on here.

cool. I'm no Diplo sycophant it just seemed some people in this thread were bein' kinda rude about it.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    i think the thing about baltimore club is that you don't feel the full effect of the song until you've heard it on the big speaker and see what kind of effect it has on people. That's when you see how bangin it can* be.

a funny thing my boy said about bmore club once: "the thing about baltimore club is that it makes you want to start humping anything in front of you as soon as you hear it".

that just about sums it up right there.

peas.