Holla Back Girl - Diplo remix

Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
edited June 2005 in Soul Strut
anyone have an MP3 of this?here's the TTL review:When is the last time you heard a major label remix that blew your mind? This marks the start of Diplo's high profile remixing career, and it starts off with a megaton bomb. Diplo adds incredible intensity to the original, incorporating b-more breaks, death techno elements, and all sorts of grimy instrumentation (my only complaint: make it longer!). Already getting play on Philly stations, this remix is going to push this track through the summer. Recommended. Also includes a dancehall remix not by Diplo.

Comments

• two different versions: "Diplo Remix" & "Diplo Baltimore Hollertronix Remix"... I copped on P2P

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    this shit is bananas

b

a

n

a

n

a

s

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    That was wack, sounds like video game music.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I tried submitting my Ying Yang remix, but it didn't get on there.

• Diplo's Put That Pussy On Me remix is my song of the week. Those guitars are so smoove and those bad words are so rugged. Together ... they're perfect. Looking forward to the official release of this one.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Diplo's Put That Pussy On Me remix is my song of the week. Those guitars are so smoove and those bad words are so rugged. Together ... they're perfect. Looking forward to the official release of this one.

Co-Sign - Hottest thing I've heard in a minute!

Diplo's Put That Pussy On Me remix is my song of the week. Those guitars are so smoove and those bad words are so rugged. Together ... they're perfect. Looking forward to the official release of this one.

Where's the unofficial release? I want to hear this.

BTW - I posted the link to the MP3's over at OKP, and someone said the Hollaback remix sounded like Tony Toni Tone. Mufalakas, they are.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    sounds like video game music.
    And that's a bad thing?

sounds like video game music.
    And that's a bad thing?

Isn't there a #1 song in England right now that's more along the lines of video game music?

Hell, most of the hip-hop now is about a look back at the NES. Pulsate the bloops and bleeps.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Sorry dudes, that shit was garbo. Don't get me wrong I enjoy some of that ironic- low-fi-fast-shit-that'll-get girls-naked-who-never-really-been-around-that- element-growing up-steez, but that shit was just lame as fuck.

• The original is kinda ehhhh... wasn't feelin the Beach Boys sample. But Diplo's version is bananacakes.
    Pat - we gotta get you on the ghetto house crash course diet.

1 hour of DJ Deeon, STAT!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    did anyone figure out what a Holla Back Girl was?

The original is kinda ehhhh... wasn't feelin the Beach Boys sample. But Diplo's version is bananacakes.
    Pat - we gotta get you on the ghetto house crash course diet.

1 hour of DJ Deeon, STAT!

I'm down, but I'm just not sure if that fits my lifestyle

did anyone figure out what a Holla Back Girl was?

Kinda like a lady who is under every command from her man when he says "holla back at me", and she's there, ready to play Krispy Kreme ring toss with his penis. She's saying she ain't no holla back girl, fuck that.

I'd like to see Sonic Youth do a cover of "Holla Back Girl".

• slushslush 691 Posts
    hot beat with a corny acappella!

Krispy Kreme ring toss with his penis.

• i personally think that shit is worse than terrible ... should be a huge success.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    props to diplo no doubt for getting some major label remix work. Im not really feeling this too much. But I mean, I dont know what the fuck I would do with that song either.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    reminds me of how great the seeds are.

props to diplo no doubt for getting some major label remix work. Im not really feeling this too much. But I mean, I dont know what the fuck I would do with that song either.

co-sign 100%. Get that formerformeryaper

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

co-sign 100%. Get that formerformeryaper

co co sign... it sounds like some cheesy club music... (even worse than the orginal, which is ehh IMO)

• props to diplo no doubt for getting some major label remix work. Im not really feeling this too much. But I mean, I dont know what the fuck I would do with that song either.

true, true

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    damn speak of the devil. got one for y'all too.

right out the oven, crowd tested seal of approval. shit will get your party movin for sure.

Hollaback_Kiss_kidgusto_Mashup

**get at me if you want the full copy.

peace.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    damn speak of the devil. got one for y'all too.

right out the oven, crowd tested seal of approval. shit will get your party movin for sure.

Hollaback_Kiss_kidgusto_Mashup

**get at me if you want the full copy.

peace.

Nice! I dig the Kiss mashup more than the Tony Toni Tone/Diplo remix (and those are some TOTAL new jack swing drums at the beginning) but who am I to say.

Kid Gusto vs. Prof. round 1:

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VAQB63LWM5G63F2O5QR0OK6D0

I've been sitting on this for about a month, but have been a bit shy about playing it out. any (constructive) criticism is welcome.

late.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Kinda like a lady who is under every command from her man when he says "holla back at me", and she's there, ready to play Krispy Kreme ring toss with his penis. She's saying she ain't no holla back girl, fuck that.

Public persona does not = personal character - she was deemed 'eazy' by 3rd generation ska-punk skins in different cities on the West Coast when No Doubt were a fledgling outfit - guess this also don't apply to Gavin from Bush not proposin' to her for the longest time and keepin' her at his beck + call...

JB - you get the disc yet?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

the Tony Toni Tone/Diplo remix (and those are some TOTAL new jack swing drums at the beginning) but who am I to say.

Feels like some hip-house ish circa '89... Mr. Lee, anyone?

Kid Gusto vs. Prof. round 1:

I've been sitting on this for about a month, but have been a bit shy about playing it out. any (constructive) criticism is welcome.

late.

Like the use of what sounds like 'Big Beat' (Squier) drums/drum pattern...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    this shit is bananas

b

a

n

a

n

a

s

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    That is boring as fuck, not feeling it at all. The original is way better. Like someone else said, it sounds like cheesy hiphouse from '89. And that IS a bad meaning bad thing That is a phase we don't want to bring back, beliedat!!!

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

the Tony Toni Tone/Diplo remix (and those are some TOTAL new jack swing drums at the beginning) but who am I to say.

Feels like some hip-house ish circa '89... Mr. Lee, anyone?

It's Baltimore Club. The drums are Gaz "Sing Sing." Almost all Baltimore Club uses those drums.