lil' dude hip hop question

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
anyone see the Def Jam Icon video game commercial? what's that beat playing in the background?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

anyone see the Def Jam Icon video game commercial? what's that beat playing in the background?

It sounds like a Jim Jones track. I was supossed to go to the release party for this game.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i feel like i've heard it before at the club or something so i thought it was something people would know, but maybe it's exclusive to the game.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i feel like i've heard it before at the club or something so i thought it was something people would know, but maybe it's exclusive to the game.

Most likely. Its got to have a website - go check it out.

• Someone starts rapping over it towards the end of the commercial. I thought that shit sounded dope.

• anyone see the Def Jam Icon video game commercial? what's that beat playing in the background?

It sounds like a Jim Jones track. I was supossed to go to the release party for this game.

Ballin!

Its We fly high or whatever the name of the shit is right?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

i should have thought of that.

forwarded me to the itunes store >>>> Jim Jones - We Fly High

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Jim Jones

We fly high

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

i should have thought of that.

forwarded me to the itunes store >>>> Jim Jones - We Fly High

and also, if you like the beat, check his album, lots of cool beats on there. it's called Hustler's P.O.M.E. and I thought it was going to be the wackest album ever. Ended up being great.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    yeah, we fly high. beats cool. raps are tired. dudes not even on def jam, thats the part that confuses me.

ballin.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    dudes not even on def jam, thats the part that confuses me.

I saw this commercial the other day, totally baffled me that that was the soundtrack. Esp considering the whole Jay v. Jim thing.