light (christian related)

dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
edited June 2005 in Music Talk
besides "Cross and the Switchblade," what are the other good records on Light?isn't there another Ralph Charmichael record that is decent? Danniebelle? (not really feeling "This Momenet" but it was kind of promising)

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    The title track of New Hope's "God Of All Of Us" is raw and nasty.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Was the "Time to Run" OST on Light? The title track is a monster.

Edit: Careful with Light/Word. At least 90% of Ralph Charmichael's work is weak weak weak.

• Careful with Light/Word. At least 99.9% of Ralph Charmichael's work is weak weak weak.
    the clues are in the instrumentaion.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Careful with Light/Word. At least 99.9% of Ralph Charmichael's work is weak weak weak.
    the clues are in the
    instrumentaion. taking a listen

checked plently of these with amazing comvers, people playing electric guitar/ piano nothing better then putting the needle t the record if you can to find out whats good.

• Careful with Light/Word. At least 99.9% of Ralph Charmichael's work is weak weak weak.
    the clues are in the
    instrumentaion. taking a listen

checked plently of these with amazing comvers, people playing electric guitar/ piano nothing better then putting the needle t the record if you can to find out whats good.

kind of a given dude. you sell portables?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    nah, but please help me to understand why Amoeba sells 3 different types of portables but will not allow you to use them in the store after you buy them

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    nah, but please help me to understand why Amoeba sells 3 different types of portables but will not allow you to use them in the store after you buy them

Ha! But they let Z-Trip use his in there so they could get their store in the Scratch movie. Or maybe that's when they stopped allowing them cuz everyoen saw it in the movie and started hanging out all day and buying 3 dollar records?

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    what are the other good records on Light?

I just found Andrae Crouch & the Disciples "Soulfully" like 2 weeks ago at the thrift out here ....Has some really dope songs but some of it is cheese however It is worth it alone for the intro to Satisfied which D-styles looped on "Phantazmagorea" that intro is

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Damn I didn't know that... Some buster shiz
    especially sellin and they doin that ish

Y

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    Was the "Time to Run" OST on Light? The title track is a monster.

Edit: Careful with Light/Word. At least 90% of Ralph Charmichael's work is weak weak weak.

Yeah, word on the time to run title track and the reprise. I stole that shit out of my parents record collection in 9th grade and played that at many parties.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    fuck breakz. It's all about limbless organists, creepy puppet ministries, and freaky little kids reading the bible.

Whistle if you love jesus, you armless freaks!!!

PUPPETS READ THE BIBLE!!!

sleep easy...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    PUPPETS READ THE BIBLE!!!

"Jesus took my arms so that I could love him more!!"

"FUCK Ralph Charmichael!"

shit used to scare me as a kid.....it's rough having parents that took LSD and found Jesus.

shit used to scare me as a kid.....it's rough having parents that took LSD and found Jesus.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Very strange christian album...I was listening to Psychic TV the other day and noticed they sampled this a bit.

• fuck breakz. It's all about limbless organists, creepy puppet ministries, and freaky little kids reading the bible.

word is a much more solid label really.

example

it is good when they are funky and have breaks too.

word. I have some freaky stuff on Word. these big xian labels have deep catalogs. Def some cool stuff.

Very strange christian album...I was listening to Psychic TV the other day and noticed they sampled this a bit.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Walter Harris has some good soultype gospel

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    clare fischer has a record on light that is pretty good. lots of solo electric piano. it's not really funky though. i wish these religious records were worth something, if so i'd be a millionaire!

i just found a batch of merrill womach records. yeah.

• "Loosenut....heh heh heh.....[/b]

• dayday 9,612 Posts

that's disturbing

Crink, find these guys and start a band

that's disturbing

Crink, find these guys and start a band

that would be sick! I'll start working up some freaky Les Paul style licks.

• These two look like they just finished getting it on.

"You got a splinter WHERE[/b]????"

ahhh.... the afterglow of sex with an xian dummy....