Sarah Silverman Show Appreciation (Big S Related)

13»

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I'm fairly certain she shares a fan base with Carlos Mencia.

You may dislike Mencia and Silverman but comparing them
    is seriously-Say What?!

All I saw was comparison of their fan base. Not their material. She's wack, get over it.

If that's the case, that comparison is also waaay off...
    Get over yourself....
    Mr. Salty!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i think the best shock humor really delves deep into the human psyche.

And for the record, I don't think Silverman suceeds at this very often. I'm lukewarm towards her shock tactics at best. Unfortunately a lot of the mainstream attention she gets focuses on her ironic racism bits rather than her genuinely brilliant moments. Her work is probably strongest when she delves into absurdist territory, something this show allows her to do on a regular basis.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

i don't know why so many users of this message board have such a hard time thinking in anything but absolutes.

Because greater numbers of people will agree
    with you when you do, and to many people that is
    very important. Think of Kerry being ridiculed for
    attempting to bring "nuance" into a political campaign,
    compared to YOU ARE WITH US OR YOU ARE FOR THEM.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

i don't know why so many users of this message board have such a hard time thinking in anything but absolutes.

Because greater numbers of people will agree
    with you when you do, and to many people that is
    very important. Think of Kerry being ridiculed for
    attempting to bring "nuance" into a political campaign,
    compared to YOU ARE WITH US OR YOU ARE FOR THEM.

Stop badmouthing absolutists!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Stop badmouthing absolutists!

I'm sorry - it's just that they are always wrong!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Sarah Silverman is nothing but the very unfunny trying way too hard poor man's TINA FEY

DEAL WITH IT

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Sarah Silverman is nothing but the very unfunny trying way too hard poor man's TINA FEY

Yes all female comedic actors are exactly the same, regardless of their subject matter or approach.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    duh

• how many episodes of her new show have aired? I have missed them all. When does it come on? I gotta catch up and see the ones already aired. Google Video maybe?

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    i get all tv shows from rapidshare

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    girls aren't funny. I don't think I know a single one that makes me laugh other than politely.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i finally saw this last night. i thought it was sort of funny, i'd probably check it again. i always thought she was more than sort of cute. no ass though.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    girls aren't funny. I don't think I know a single one that makes me laugh other than politely.

i used to say this all the time. although i still wouldnt compare any female to someone like ricky gervais, larry david or dave chapelle, i have laughed out loud to sarah silverman's standup movie, tina fey on snl and even ellen degeneris, who i think is pretty smart/witty.

i used to say this all the time. although i still wouldnt compare any female to someone like ricky gervais, larry david or dave chapelle, i have laughed out loud to sarah silverman's standup movie, tina fey on snl and even ellen degeneris, who i think is pretty smart/witty.

yeah but how many girls do you know in the real world that can make you laugh intenionally. dudes I know plenty (no homo) who are funny with the jokes and impressions or sarcasm or whatever. but girls? none of my girl friends come intentionally funny on a consistent basis.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

yeah but how many girls do you know in the real world that can make you laugh intenionally. dudes I know plenty (no homo) who are funny with the jokes and impressions or sarcasm or whatever. but girls? none of my girl friends come intentionally funny on a consistent basis.

oof. I know some funny girls. One of my girls just sold a screenplay comedy thats a send up of all those step it up dance off movies. Shes hilarious, but in a very quiet way. Not all obnoxious and attention whorish like a lot of male comics i know.

I go see my friends do improv comedy alot here at the Improv Olympics in hollywood. Its true that there are alot of unfunny females, but i think it has alot to do with the fact that socially men are not comfortable with women who step outside of the predefined roles that we have for them.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I only watched one episode of this show, the one with the farting poop song. It was okay. The part with the "same car dude" had me rolling, but that was about it.

i think it has alot to do with the fact that socially men are not comfortable with women who step outside of the predefined roles that we have for them.

that must be it.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

i thought you were joking.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    oh god

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

DEAL WITH IT

Dear god yes.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    oh god

see, she's doing an elise impression. thats pretty damn funny.
    what are you guys, jerry lewis or something? i know funny girls. nothing better than a fine girl who's funny. its rare, but amazing.

sarah s
    roseanne
    chelsea handler
    ellen had some good standup way back when

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

maybe that's because you only hang out with 18 year-old Persian beauty queens. maybe?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

your girl friends are wack. deal.