Your All-time Favorite Rappers

124»

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Well obviously RD was popular - it went gold, right? - but we're talking about the nerds like us who actually differentiate between 'classic' and "i like this and will buy it"

I don't remember seeing T.I. videos on TV prior to rubber band man
    (Actually correct that, 24s)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    And for T.I., videos for that album were all over BET everyday. Kise were going bonkers and my sistafriend brought it to my crib to listen to. He was popular. Underrated?

You sure you're thinking of I'm Serious? Because that album was notoriously underpromoted.

My bad- i was thinkin about the "U dont know me" album.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    And for T.I., videos for that album were all over BET everyday. Kise were going bonkers and my sistafriend brought it to my crib to listen to. He was popular. Underrated?

You sure you're thinking of I'm Serious? Because that album was notoriously underpromoted.

Was it? I would say it was more mispromoted. I was back in Atlanta that summer, and the title track was all over the radio, yet nobody was particularly into it... it may have been a Neptunes track (and they were at their hitmaking peak that summer) but it was also the worst track on the album and totally unrepresentative of it.

Was "Dope Boys" ever an official single?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Hate if oyu want, but:

Dose one

wow. just wow.

Hate if oyu want, but:

Dose one

wow. just wow.

I am relieved at this display of some small modicum of sense, Chad.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    4. T.I. (hasnt dropped any classics and his lyrical content is somewhat limited, but his flow is impeccable)
    you don't think he's dropped classics? Really? I'd give him two.

For real--dude is where Jay was at half a decade ago; a legend while still at the top of the game.

I guess he's one of the rap elite right about now, but I doubt he's a legend.

4. T.I. (hasnt dropped any classics and his lyrical content is somewhat limited, but his flow is impeccable)

For real--dude is where Jay was at half a decade ago; a legend while still at the top of the game.

Oh, yes he is--ask any Rap Scientist.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Oh, yes he is--ask any Rap Scientist.

So he's like the Dwyane Wade of rap right?