so no discussion about libby's GUILTY verdict?

deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
4 of 5 countshallelujah

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    They're too busy reading all your rapid-fire responses to what hip-hop REALLY is and should be.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    They're too busy reading all your rapid-fire responses to what hip-hop REALLY is and should be.
    are you actually reading that thread? because thats not what i'm posting

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Sorry dude I stopped reading what you post a while ago.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Sorry dude I stopped reading what you post a while ago.
    so how about you go be a celebrity dj and stop derailing a serious thread

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "Oh snap." Looks like your rapier sharp wit has foled me once again, Deej.

• Deej, for real, slow your roll and take a fucking break.

You want to chit-chat about Libby, go find a political blog,
    and there your ten little indians can dance and frolick the
    day away on the keyboard.

Right here, right now, is RAPP RECORDS, beeyatch.

RECORDS.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    "Oh snap." Looks like your rapier sharp wit has foled me once again, Deej.
    i dont understand why you think i'm playing a 'zing' game or something, I'm totally serious - go do something else if you don't like this subject. i dont have a problem with you and whatever problem you have with me just come out and say it instead of this lame sideways shit. I don't see why this is a bad subject for discussion or whatever and if you don't like it then i'm totally serious, just don't post in the thread. Or read it. For someone who stopped paying attention to what i post you've already spent more time in this thread than makes sense.

I'm sorry the last political thread turned into some weak repubilcan talking points shit but i can't control that. I think this is an interesting subject and if the board doesnt agree then it'll drop off the first page and oh well thats how it goes.

in the meantime, enough with the unearned snobbery and condescension

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    wasp scum gets his

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i am happy and releived but he and the admin is loving the fact not much media attention is given to this

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    wasp scum gets his

I love this mentality......does this make up for the "Duke Boys"??

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

Right here, right now, is FORESKIN CHAT, beeyatch.

FORESKIN.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    wasp scum gets his

I love this mentality......does this make up for the "Duke Boys"??

the nuanced political commentary we've come to expect from the one called kala.

• hallelujah

and totally agree on the fact that this shit's been low key on the media front

But, you think he'll get a pardon?

Im not sure. Wondering what the sentencing will be. Is it out?

er, I mean I love brand nubian too...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    its been a rough week for the white house and repubs in general...ann coulter flap...walter reed scandal...now this.

I am very love/hate with patrick "eliot ness" fitzgerald but the dude did a pretty amazing job here.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    its been a rough week for the white house and repubs in general...ann coulter flap...walter reed scandal...now this.

I am very love/hate with eliot ness patrick fitzgerald but the dude did a pretty amazing job here.

now this : http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070306/ap_on_go_co/congress_prosecutors

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

But, you think he'll get a pardon?

ah yes i forgot about this..coulde have been the plan all along...real quick..right before georgie leaves office

gotta love the system

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    the cap would be a massif coronary resulting in a slow ass painful death for dickhead chainey

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    is that like in reference to the one charge he was acquitted on?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    the cap would be a massif coronary resulting in a slow ass painful death for dickhead chainey

According to rockadelic, you're basically in the klan now...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I don't know that there is much to say about Libby's guilty verdict. The dude fell on his sword to protect Cheney apparently, but was there anything to protect? If Libby knew that Armitage had already told a couple guys Plame's name, why the hell did he come up with this cooky story of knowing the woman's name, then forgetting it, then remembering it from a reporter?!?! Makes no sense to me.

The most important bit of info from the entire case was that it provided another example of how dysfunctional the Bush administration's foreign policy system was (if you can even call it a system). Cheney carried out his own PR campaign to discredit Joseph Wilson without telling anyone else in the administration. During the trial it came out that there was a White House meeting about replying to Wilson. Various members of the staff came up with responses while Libby didn't tell anyone that he and Cheney were already talking to reporters and leaking intelligence reports to discredit him.

Overall, Cheney came out looking like a power unto himself who felt that he could do anything he wanted when it came to Iraq and defending his rep.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Oh man, WOW..... wow.

Since this isn't the first time, I have to think they do this for all the bars/other public venues that show it on mute or like housewives/dads at home vacuuming and not hearing this shit... and then they end up telling me that I'm wrong and listening to that lying liberal media when I try to have a conversation

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    looks like plame and wilson are going to press for a civil suit ala oj trial, wher ethey will be suing for damages over their wrecked careers or something. it could ge very interesting if they start asking for documents. and if documetns were destroyed, its going to get messy. lets not forget, these are not enlightened beings we are discussing, but fearful conniving animals

• Lets take it back, way back into time...

1. Joe wilson comes out alleging deliberate mendacity on the part of the bush government over claims iraq tried to purchase nuclear material from niger. Its obvious to anyone with a brain that mr. wilson is a fantasist though lefty's with their already meagre cognitive powers diminished still further by bush hatred find his bullshit compelling stuff.

2. Once it becomes obvious even to the pro-terrorist bush hating idiots that wilsons claims dont stand up they look for a way to both cover up being taken in by this idiot and keep the story going.

3. They begin alleging, with no evidence, that the whitehouse illegally leaked joe wilsons 'CIA agent' wife's name to the press in order to discredit him. An accusation that doesnt make a blind bit of sense when you consider that his claims were clear bullshit and the leaking of her name would only add fuel to the story

4. An enquiry gets underway and after much kerfuffle it is, predictably, revealed that the bush administration wasnt the source of the bitches name being leaked to the media.

5. After years of wasting money on a bogus piece of shit case Fitzgerald decideds he must walk away with a scalp of some kind. The fall guy is libby who is convicted on the basis of his recollection of conversations he had with two people differing with their recollections. Even though one of those readily conceded that libby's version of the conversation could be the correct one and both delivered testimonies that had inconsistencies with things they had said earlier and with other witnesses libby is convicted in one of the greatest miscarriages of justice ever.

Just to fill you bitches in

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Lets take it back, way back into time...

1. Joe wilson comes out alleging deliberate mendacity on the part of the bush government over claims iraq tried to purchase nuclear material from niger. Its obvious to anyone with a brain that mr. wilson is a fantasist though lefty's with their already meagre cognitive powers diminished still further by bush hatred find his bullshit compelling stuff.

2. Once it becomes obvious even to the pro-terrorist bush hating idiots that wilsons claims dont stand up they look for a way to both cover up being taken in by this idiot and keep the story going.

3. They begin alleging, with no evidence, that the whitehouse illegally leaked joe wilsons 'CIA agent' wife's name to the press in order to discredit him. An accusation that doesnt make a blind bit of sense when you consider that his claims were clear bullshit and the leaking of her name would only add fuel to the story

4. An enquiry gets underway and after much kerfuffle it is, predictably, revealed that the bush administration wasnt the source of the bitches name being leaked to the media.

5. After years of wasting money on a bogus piece of shit case Fitzgerald decideds he must walk away with a scalp of some kind. The fall guy is libby who is convicted on the basis of his recollection of conversations he had with two people differing with their recollections. Even though one of those readily conceded that libby's version of the conversation could be the correct one and both delivered testimonies that had inconsistencies with things they had said earlier and with other witnesses libby is convicted in one of the greatest miscarriages of justice ever.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Oh man, WOW..... wow.

Since this isn't the first time, I have to think they do this for all the bars/other public venues that show it on mute or like housewives/dads at home vacuuming and not hearing this shit... and then they end up telling me that I'm wrong and listening to that lying liberal media when I try to have a conversation

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    the pro-terrorist bush hating idiots

This is the kind of reasoned political analysis that Dolo does that's really grown quite near and dear to my heart.

Oh, and these are lies:

wilsons claims dont stand up
    They begin alleging, with no evidence, that the whitehouse illegally leaked joe wilsons 'CIA agent' wife's name to the press in order to discredit him.
    his claims were clear bullshit and the leaking of her name would only add fuel to the story
    the bush administration wasnt the source of the bitches name being leaked to the media
    (BTW, I like how you call her bitch! whats she ever done for this country! That bitch!)

libby who is convicted on the basis of his recollection of conversations he had with two people differing with their recollections.
    one of the greatest miscarriages of justice ever

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Lets take it back, way back into time...

Wilson's claim that he found no evidence of Iraq trying to buy uranium from Niger proved to be right. He did find a businessman who said that an Iraqi official had contacted him about trade, and the CIA wanted to look into whether that involved uranium or not.

The documents that claimed to have been about the Iraq-Niger deal were fakes made by a shady ex-intelligence agent and some staff at the Niger embassy in Rome who were looking to make a quick buck and did.

What Wilson got wrong was that he said that Cheney knew about his trip and therefore the White House should have not allowed Bush to say that Iraq was trying to buy yellow cake in his state of the union speech.

When Wilson was sent on the trip by the CIA he was told that Cheney wanted to look into it so he assumed that Cheney must have been told about his findings. In fact, the CIA didn't pass along what he found.

Wilson also claimed to have seen some of the fake Niger documents when he didn't.

See above, and you're the only idiot I see.

Reporters first heard about Plame's name from Dep. Sec. of State Richard Armitage. However Libby, under Cheney's direction, did give her name to several reporters as a way to discredit Wilson. They wanted to say that Wilson was sent on the trip because of nepotism, not because of his expertise, which he did have in Niger having worked there as an American diplomat. Wilson's wife also was not the one that sent him on the trip. She brought up his name, but it was a different directorate in the CIA which actually contacted him and sent him on his way.

This covert PR campaign was also not sanctioned by the White House, but was a private endeavor by Cheney, who did not share what he was doing with the rest of the administration.

They find out Libby wasn't the first source, but that he was spreading her name.

The reason Libby got busted was because he came up with a bullshit story. No one forced him into it, he made up the story, "I knew Plame's name, then I forgot about it, but then a reporter told me about it and I remembered it."

The reporter he claimed to have heard her name from, Tim Russert, didn't know who Plame was so he could not have been the source.

The evidence was very clear that he was spreading her name to discredit Wilson.

You are the only punk bitch that I see.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

know the ledge dolo

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Dolo and Kala are lovers.