hannity's clumsy smear of obama's church

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    The klan. Just another leftist organisation that thanks to historical revionism is considered to be on the right wing.

Please, PLAESE to enlighten us with your theory on this one.

He's probably going to talk about the Klan's social welfare programs for the communities they were based in. Kinda like what Hezbollah does currently...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Your both playing yourselves, there will be no substantive response from either of them.

If they actually had to follow their knee-jerk responses with tangible, non-sarcastic answers to actual questions:

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The klan. Just another leftist organisation that thanks to historical revionism is considered to be on the right wing.

Please, PLAESE to enlighten us with your theory on this one.

He's probably going to talk about the Klan's social welfare programs for the communities they were based in. Kinda like what Hezbollah does currently...

Well, I'm guessing it will be similar to the right-wing's attempts to rewrite the US's racial history in that it will hinge on using "Democrat" and "Republican" instead of "liberal" and "conservative" (or "left wing" and "right wing"). I've come across this strategy a shitload of times--basically, they point to segregationist Democrats in the South and say, "See? Democrats were the real racists!" What they never point out, of course, is the Dixiecrat phenomenon, wherein those segregationist Democrats, including heavily feted conservative Strom Thurmond, left the Democratic party and eventually found a safer home for their views in the Republican party; of course, the subsequent realignment is never brought up, either. And, of course, they never, ever mention the Southern Strategy.

Probably not coincidentally, these same people are often involved in a vigorous attempt to rewrite WWII history to make Hitler a leftist. Uh-huh.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Your both playing yourselves, there will be no substantive response from either of them.

If they actually had to follow their knee-jerk responses with tangible, non-sarcastic answers to actual questions:

That was Hannity's argument, replace black with white in the churches mission statement, then
    it's racist. That was all he had to say, his arguments go no deeper.
    They know that pulling the "colorblind" card is the argument ender for their viewers.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Do you think this guy went through the same sensitivity training that Michael "Kramer" Richards did??

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Do you think this guy went through the same sensitivity training that Michael "Kramer" Richards did??

off topic dude.

And I think all three of the below people are assholes....but why is it that.....

Ann Coulter, a joke of a political hack says the word faggot and the Strut blows up with disgust.

Michael Richards a hack, out of work actor says the "N" word and the Strut blows up with disgust.

Tim Hardaway a pretty well respected black basketball player says "I Hate Gay People" and it's nothing but crickets. Not a single post of outrage or disgust?

Make no mistake, I have no respect for the lying wanker who calls himself Dolo Yeung, but when he talks about a SS double standard and fake "appallment" this is what he's talking about.

And you better believe that every right wing website is JUST as riled up today about Bill Mahr endorsing the assassination of Dick Cheney as this place is about Coulter.

And the politicians are laughing their asses off as both sides are being distracted from any REAL issues, allowing them to continue to fuck us all.

off topic dude.

I thought the topic was the KKK and racism???

and this statement...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Tim Hardaway a pretty well respected black basketball player says "I Hate Gay People" and it's nothing but crickets. Not a single post of outrage or disgust?

There sure was 1, if not multiple posts proclaiming him to be a jagoff.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yeah wtf? tim hardaway is a dickhead and i didn't see a thread but i assumed that would go without saying.

There sure was 1, if not multiple posts proclaiming him to be a jagoff.

Where's that thread?? I may have missed it.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    don't say how byrd has anything to do with the silliness that tries to argue the klan was 'left wing'

It had a title that was misleading about the content contained therein. I'm too lazy to dig it up, but perhaps it says something like Timmy or something like that.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    yeah there was a long thread about Timmy. It was called "The Real Timmy" or something.

yeah wtf? tim hardaway is a dickhead and i didn't see a thread but i assumed that would go without saying.

And it DOESN'T go without saying that Coulter is an ignorant cunt??

don't say how byrd has anything to do with the silliness that tries to argue the klan was 'left wing'

Ummmm....let's see the silliness....Byrd is a left winger....and had a high position in the Klan....yeah, let's not try to tie those two ridiculous things together.

off topic dude.

Its about the right-wings exploitation of racism. Robert Byrd's past is like, 10 steps off-subject at best. Unless you bring it up to show how the right-wing constantly plays the Byrd card when challenged on race issues. Otherwise its kind of a pointless post, Rock.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

it does, but 1) i didnt start that thread, and 2) there's no reason why we can't discuss it.

you're the one trying to 'prove' we only care when its about black folks. And apparently there is a thread about hardaway so this is all irrelevent.

yeah there was a long thread about Timmy. It was called "The Real Timmy" or something.

I'm gonna go find it....and I'll apologize for my above statement when I do.

It does, but yet, people gasped, looked around, then started heartily laughing. Cmon. THIS BITCH SELLS BOOKS, who's buying?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Ummmm....let's see the silliness....Byrd is a left winger....and had a high position in the Klan....yeah, let's not try to tie those two ridiculous things together.
    i dont know why i'm still arguing - i guess hoping at some pt. we'll somehow get to a discussion about the thread topic beyond what i assumed would have been plainly obvious (hannity is a dbag) in the first place.

But uh just because Giuliani is pro-choice doesn't mean that being pro-choice is an extreme right wing position. You're flailing.

Ummmm....let's see the silliness....Byrd is a left winger....and had a high position in the Klan 60+ years ago when he was 20[/b]....yeah, let's not try to tie those two ridiculous things together.

for such a robert byrd historian, you surely must know that he's disavowed his past views and apologized for them nothing short of 10 million times right?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

off topic dude.

and this statement...

anecdotal, Rock.

listen, Byrd was an ass. surely you offer him up as proof of hishonesty and perhaps also as proof that he wasn't really left-wing or whatever.

but this other shitbird was not arguing that Byrd was actually a right-winger, but that the Klan was actually left-wing.

which is, you know, like batshit crazy. so I just wanted to hear some right wing conspiracy on that. you know, for fun. but I'm only hearing crickets from the little guy.

I'll myself as there was indeed a Hardaway thread that I totally missed(I assumed "Timmy" was Mr. Dig-A-Lot" also and ignored it.

Apologizing for being in the KKK, a high ranking KKK member at that, just doesn't fly with me.

Maybe you guys are more forgiving than I am.

Coulter could apologize from now until doomsday and I know I'm not believing a word.

And she set out to purposefully upset folks with her words, Byrd on the other hand LIVED the KKK lifestyle.

And I still stand by my feeling that these folks are shills, designed to rile up BOTH sides of the spectrum....and I can't get with giving them what they obviously want.

so I just wanted to hear some right wing conspiracy on that. you know, for fun. but I'm only hearing crickets from the little guy.

I hear you....I'm an idiot for even trying to propose what Dolo meant.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ugh way to turn this into a byrd debate

i don't know the specifics about it and honestly don't care. he was in the klan. he sucks. so what? what does that have to do with anything? Byrd isn't on TV right now saying that Obama is a dangerous black seperatist. He's not out there calling people faggots.

jesus christ dude the byrd issue is such a blantantly transparent shield here for ... i don't know what. a thread that makes you uncomfortable because it is about conservatives acting like dickheads?

When Byrd votes against hate crimes legislation or something feel free to start a thread and i'll gladly cosign that he's a dumbass. Whats yr point?

It does, but yet, people gasped, looked around, then started heartily laughing. Cmon. THIS BITCH SELLS BOOKS, who's buying?

The same brand of idiots that applaud when they hear someone suggest Bush or Cheney(or ANY President) should be assassinated.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

The same brand of idiots that applaud when they hear someone suggest Bush or Cheney(or ANY President) should be assassinated.

who does this? what is this, 2000? dude bush-hating has been passe for liberals for a minute now, your own party is mad at the dude.

Here's what I'm thinking,
    Republicans=liberals of the day
    Democrats=conservative aok with slavery/status quo antebellum party of the day

It's a dumb argument. Things change, and identities change as well.

ugh way to turn this into a byrd debate

i don't know the specifics about it and honestly don't care. he was in the klan. he sucks. so what? what does that have to do with anything? Byrd isn't on TV right now saying that Obama is a dangerous black seperatist. He's not out there calling people faggots.

jesus christ dude the byrd issue is such a blantantly transparent shield here for ... i don't know what. a thread that makes you uncomfortable because it is about conservatives acting like dickheads?

When Byrd votes against hate crimes legislation or something feel free to start a thread and i'll gladly cosign that he's a dumbass. Whats yr point?

You'll never get my point.....you've picked a side....you'll defend(or ignore) those on your 'side" and you'll trash those who are on the other "side".

How does Coulter or Hannity have more influence in this country than an elected official??

While they're selling books, Byrd is calling folks "White Niggers"(2001) and passing laws.

Great