hannity's clumsy smear of obama's church

deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
If you don't feel like watching them all the last one is the best, where Obama's reverend makes Hannity look goofy as hell. Uhh I'm guessing this kind of shit has zero traction but who knows, i certainly didn't expect that swift boat bullshit to stick. FYI the interviewee in the first video was defeated in his election by a candidate endorsed by Obama. The interviewee in the second one is a columnist for like world net daily or some other conservative site.

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

If this was what I professed would you call me racist?

Commitment to God
    Commitment to the White Community
    Commitment to the White Family
    Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
    Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
    Adherence to the White Work Ethic
    Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
    Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"
    Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community
    Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions
    Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System
    Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yes, but that isn't nearly as profound a statement as you think it is.

just sayin. its not exactly bridge-building is it?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

So if you wantonly burned down the bridge to the next town over, it would be the other town's job to rebuild it in order to make amends with you?

• Why did you never expect the swift boat shit to stick? If the vast majority of the officers who served in your division come out and declare you unfit to be president im thinking that is going to cause some damage.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    well this thread is off to a great start

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Why did you never expect the swift boat shit to stick? If the vast majority of the officers who served in your division come out and declare you unfit to be president im thinking that is going to cause some damage.

do your homework kid. there's only one guy left from that whole "organization" that still maintains what they said was true. campaign shit.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Obama = catnip to Sabadolo

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Why did you never expect the swift boat shit to stick? If the vast majority of the officers who served in your division come out and declare you unfit to be president im thinking that is going to cause some damage.

do your homework kid. there's only one guy left from that whole "organization" that still maintains what they said was true. campaign shit.

He has a Benz. Matter of fact, he destroys coastal wetlands by speeding through them in a swiftboat manufactured by Benz.

you know how Kerry could have shut the swiftboaters up in a minute? By releasing his military record. Still locked up. Must have been some pretty bad shit in there if he was willing to gamble (and lose) the election over keeping it hidden.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Uhh I'm guessing this kind of shit has zero traction

No, it'll probably have some traction. Nobody has ever accused Hannity of being insightful, rational, honest, or even smart, but the one thing he does know how to do is play to the hardcore base and never let up no matter how wrong he is or how stupid he looks, and he's got all the right buzzwords happening here.

Remember, this is the same guy who kept pushing the "Hillary Clinton's camp has found out that Obama went to a *cue ominous music* madrassa!" myth even after both aspects of this bullshit (that Obama was somehow educated under pro-terrorist radical Islam, and that it's Hillary Clinton who brought this to light) were exposed as, well, bullshit. His audience laps this shit up in true Pavlovian style. The only question is whether or not it will have traction with the country at large...and I'd like to say it won't, but I wouldn't exactly be surprised if it did.

So if you wantonly burned down the bridge to the next town over, it would be the other town's job to rebuild it in order to make amends with you?

you keep waiting for someone else to build the bridge and see if you ever get to the other side.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

you keep waiting for someone else to build the bridge and see if you ever get to the other side.
    EXTENDED METAPHOR BURNOUT
    it wasn't even a sensical parallel to begin with.

• The klan. Just another leftist organisation that thanks to historical revionism is considered to be on the right wing. How long before mao, stalin, pol pot and the rest of the lefts murdering bastards get their 'right wing' makeover?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    'vast majority' huh?
    this swift boat bullshit shit was disproved before the election but many voters didn't get the memo

you know how Kerry could have shut the swiftboaters up in a minute? By releasing his military record. Still locked up. Must have been some pretty bad shit in there if he was willing to gamble (and lose) the election over keeping it hidden.

unwillingness to release military records? you sure you wanna go there?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    hah RC it doesn't matter any more, bush has been CRUELLY DISAVOWED now by the right and no longer represents their wildest dreams and ambitions.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Commitment to God
    Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community
    Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions
    Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System

We would welcome you home, Brother.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Why not? I think the church is expressing a desire to focus on their own community because of the separation it feels from the white community. If that gap was created by whites, why do many consider it the black community's responsibility to make amends so we can all heal and move on?

It's overly simplistic, but it's not nonsense.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Why not? I think the church is expressing a desire to focus on their own community because of the separation it feels from the white community. If that gap was created by whites, why do many consider it the black community's responsibility to make amends so we can all heal and move on?

It's overly simplistic, but it's not nonsense.
    well, its more like the white community burned down the black community's bridge to the well and when the black community said they were interested in building a bridge to the well were told that this wasn't being done in the spirit of a black&white community. In which case its not really the same bridge metaphor that dude was using the first place, which is about a bridge between white and black people.

I think thats senator Byrd second from the left.

Commitment to God

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Isn't that, in effect what the orginal list above is?

Self reliance does not equal racism.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Anyway to me this smear comes off as desperate. And I don't think most people will buy it. Its more than a little disingenous and it seems like Obama's appeal is that he comes off as extremely HONEST (i.e. the interview where he says "i did inhale, that was the point.") so I think people won't see RADICAL BLACK SEPERATIST CANDIDATE when they look his way. No matter how hard Hannity tries to push it.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    bam!!!

That last video made me nervous! And pissed. Stupid whiteys.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    And your momma down in front!

I think thats senator Byrd second from the left.

Commitment to God

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Commitment to God

This is idiotic. When whites are persecuted, discriminated against, and made slaves for hundreds of years, you can make this argument...and it would still be a loser. Are you that guy who calls up Rush Limbaugh the day of the Gay Pride parade and says, "why don't we have a Straight Pride March???"

Also, I'm not going to speak as an expert on black churches, but from my understanding, the black church has an enormous impact on their communities. We have several Black Pastors who are clients and they are constantly involved in community activities that have absolutely nothing to do with faith. So would you criticize Obama if he were part of a community organization that promised to advance the Black Community and Black Work Ethic....considering we are talking about a Black Community???

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    This is idiotic. When whites are persecuted, discriminated against, and made slaves for hundreds of years, you can make this argument...and it would still be a loser. Are you that guy who calls up Rush Limbaugh the day of the Gay Pride parade and says, "why don't we have a Straight Pride March???"

Exactly, the majority group does not need those days, marches, etc etc.
    Their views are the dominant paradigm.
    Underepresented/seggregated/persecuted members of society need to call
    attention to injustice to make sure their voices are heard and concerns addressed.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

Commitment to God

This whole comparison is idiotic because white people don't identify with race but with their specific ethnicity. There is no "white community" in america, nor should there be. The church I was raised at speaks about things in terms of "greek americans". There are other white-ethnic community centers (italian, irish, polish, etc) in every town. There are Senior-citizen lodges and VFWs. Are those racist or bigoted? No, they're hubs for people of a specific minority. Its great that they exist and there's nothing sepratist about them. Maybe you need a history lesson, but most black americans don't know where their ancestors came from. "Black" is a new ethnicity created only 400 years ago. Black is Italian is French is Native American is single mothers is NOT white. A black church talking about black values and uplifting the black family is the same thing as my church talking about Greek pride and being and upstanding greek citizen. Anyone who buys into your argument is a bigot, whether aware of it or not.

wait a sec... are you sean hannity?

The klan. Just another leftist organisation that thanks to historical revionism is considered to be on the right wing.

Please, PLAESE to enlighten us with your theory on this one.