Zodiac

2»

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Definitely a great San Francisco as Character film, I would recommend those who liked Zodiac should seek out The Conversation.

Vertigo, too

Vertigo fans should check out the Vertigo...Then and Now web page to see meticulously reshot pics from locations in that movie. Harry Caul's office from the Conversation is about 10 blocks from where I work, Kansas at 16th st., although the train tracks shown in the one exterior shot (as well as the large gasometer seen peeking over Potrero hill, current location of the SF Food Bank on Pennsylvania) are long gone.

• Definitely a great San Francisco as Character film, I would recommend those who liked Zodiac should seek out The Conversation.

Vertigo, too

Speaking of...they showed a trailer for "Disturbia" before "Zodiac". It looked like an enjoyable enough teen horror affair....but just call it "Rear Window" already!

• Is that a 3 Dog Night song that plays as the opening credits roll and they do the flyover of SF?

Is that a 3 Dog Night song that plays as the opening credits roll and they do the flyover of SF?

Yeah, Easy to Be Hard. It stood out for me because it has the Nice and Smooth Old to the New break at the beginning. Speaking of which, does anyone have an mp3 of Old to the New they could upload?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Thanks, Cos!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Definitely a great San Francisco as Character film, I would recommend those who liked Zodiac should seek out The Conversation.

Vertigo, too

Speaking of...they showed a trailer for "Disturbia" before "Zodiac". It looked like an enjoyable enough teen horror affair....but just call it "Rear Window" already!

funny you mention that... i met with the exec producer on that film regarding music consulting a while back. when he told me about the plot i brought up the 'rear window' comparison, and he just stared at me blankly

Vertigo, too

funny you mention that... i met with the exec producer on that film regarding music consulting a while back. when he told me about the plot i brought up the 'rear window' comparison, and he just stared at me blankly

Oh...my...god, now that's[/b] the funniest thing I've read all day! Who needs the Hollywood gossip websites when you have Soulstrut.

Besides, they probably didn't rip off Hitchcock directly, rather I suspect that this movie is based on Simpsons Epsode 1F22 "Bart of Darkness"

• Definitely a great San Francisco as Character film, I would recommend those who liked Zodiac should seek out The Conversation.

Vertigo, too

Well that fuggin sucks.

• I'd be interested to hear some Strutters' favorite true crime/police proecedurals in this mode. Not documentaries but feature films.

Fargo[/b] springs to mind.

It straddles the line between feature and documentary, but the Thin Blue Line[/b] is really worthy of consideration.

I'm sure I'll think of more later that are more like Zodiac.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'd be interested to hear some Strutters' favorite true crime/police proecedurals in this mode. Not documentaries but feature films.

Dirty Harry

French Connection

Summer of Sam

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I just drove by Emanuel Synagogue and saw the dude who Ruffalo's character is based on. He's the security guard there; he was standing out front.

• I just drove by Emanuel Synagogue and saw the dude who Ruffalo's character is based on. He's the security guard there; he was standing out front.

Damn. That's kinda fucked up. Or is it?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I just drove by Emanuel Synagogue and saw the dude who Ruffalo's character is based on. He's the security guard there; he was standing out front.

Damn. That's kinda fucked up. Or is it?

my boy who has spoken to him said that Zodiac case really took a psychological toll on him and he left the force eventually to go into private security.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I'd be interested to hear some Strutters' favorite true crime/police proecedurals in this mode. Not documentaries but feature films.

Dirty Harry

French Connection

Summer of Sam

Not a police procedural but as a crime procedural I was really digging Boorman's THE GENERAL tonight.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Picked this up on DVD over the weekend, and watched it twice. One thing that still confuses me though...

SPOILER

What was up with that dude from the movie theater with the basement? How was he involved, or was he just a red herring? Did I miss something? It almost seemed like the climax of the moving but then it didn't seem to fit with the conclusion.

It's cool that this guy Graysmith also wrote "Auto Focus" -- which I thought was another great, if not tongue-in-cheek, crime movie.

EDIT: Yes, I mean Graysmith wrote the book in which the movie was based.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    What was up with that dude from the movie theater with the basement? How was he involved, or was he just a red herring? Did I miss something? It almost seemed like the climax of the moving but then it didn't seem to fit with the conclusion.

I've thought about this since I saw the movie.