THE OFFICIAL NBA FINALS THREAD

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
PREDICTIONS[/b] ...GAME ONE: SPURS 92 PISTONS 85SERIES: SPURS IN 6MVP: WHO ELSERASHEED: NO EJECTIONS, 3 TECHSMANU GINOBILI: WILL OFFICIALLY BECOME THE NEW "GREAT WHITE HYPE"WATCHABILITY: HIGH ..DESPITE THE FACT THAT THESE ARE THE TWO MOST BORING TEAMS IN SPORTS HISTORY...THE GAMES WILL BE VERY GOODCONSPIRACY FACTOR: EVENTHOUGH THE PISTONS ARE THE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS...WE WILL ALL REALIZE HOW MUCH THE NBA LOVES THE CLEAN CUT SPURS......THEY WILL BENEFIT TREMENDOUSLY FROM THE BIASED OFFICIATING (AS USUSAL)....DYNASTY QUESTION: CAN THE WINNER OF THIS SERIES BE CONSIDERED A DYNASTY?....SOME SAY YES...I SAY NOISIAH: I STILL CANT BELIEVE HE SENT NAZR TO THE SPURSP.S Phil Jackson will be announced as the Laker head coach today[/b] i'm not sure i like this

Comments

• and michael jackson will be announced as a fresh fish

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    WATCHABILITY: LOW

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Pistons.

• please, oh pretty please let the Pistons take it.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    please, oh pretty please let the Pistons take it.

they will.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    What I can't take is how the media gives the Pistons no love! What do we have to do to prove ourselves? Win a back-to-back championship?

Was it not us that took out the mighty Lakers in the longest 5 game sweep ever last year?

Was it not us that just beat one of the best team in the league this year?

We are world champions and we've come through like world champions.

The focus is all on Sacremento which is good in a way. If they lose a game they'll really feel the pressure. Same thing happened last year with the Lakers. I've read some reports on how the Pistons don't have a deep bench. Hmmm...i guess the lost of Okur really hurt us. Especially if we got Hunter, McDyess, Arroyo, and Campbell to come off the bench and help.

And lets see how the officiating goes. I think it could be a longer series to get some TV ratings.

Pistons in 6

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    What do we have to do to prove ourselves? Win a back-to-back championship?

yes

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Even though the pistons knocked out the heat, I'm still pulling for them.

Pistons in 7...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    WATCHABILITY: LOW

I got the Pistons. Its low watchability for casual fans but high for real savvy fans.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    While both of these squads play non-selfish, team-oriented ball, the most interesting thing about this series is going to be the individual matchups, all the way down the line:

Chauncey Billups : Tony Parker

Rip Hamilton : Manu Ginobili

Tayshaun Prince : Bruce Bowen

Rasheed Wallace : Tim Duncan

Ben Wallace : Rasho Nesterovic

Larry Brown : Gregg Popovich

Okay, well the second to last one is sort of a joke.

But still - otherwise very well balanced on both ends of the floor.

I think we might squeeze one out tonight (no turd)

Doing a media interview on the toilet, though?

REAL DETROIT.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    These are two excellent ass teams who both play "the right way", are well coached and have a lot of talent. This should be one of the best finals match ups in a long time. Yet... for some reason, I don't really care if I miss every game of this series. Expect ratings to be utterly abysmal.

• Options
    While both of these squads play non-selfish, team-oriented ball, the most interesting thing about this series is going to be the individual matchups, all the way down the line:

Chauncey Billups : Tony Parker
    Rip Hamilton : Manu Ginobili
    Tayshaun Prince : Bruce Bowen
    Rasheed Wallace : Tim Duncan
    Ben Wallace : Rasho Nesterovic
    Larry Brown : Gregg Popovich

Okay, well the second to last one is sort of a joke.
    But still - otherwise very well balanced on both ends of the floor.

I think we might squeeze one out tonight (no turd)

Doing a media interview on the toilet, though?

REAL DETROIT.

I with Drewn on the first game, but with San Antonio in 7 (though I like Detroit's team much more). Think Chasuncey will be throwing is ass in PArker's face a lot tonight.

K.

• What I can't take is how the media gives the Pistons no love! What do we have to do to prove ourselves? Win a back-to-back championship?

whatever. the pistons get plenty of respect from the media and everyone else. to me it just seems like detroit fans cherish being in the underdog role.

that said, spurs in 6.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    bitchass spurs are off to a weak start. word to that

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    PREDICTIONS[/b] ...

MANU GINOBILI: WILL OFFICIALLY BECOME THE NEW "GREAT WHITE HYPE"

Manu been gaining some serious hype but I really can't front dude is hard. I ain't seen a white boy dunk like that since I created my own player on NBA live 2005

P.S

Phil Jackson will be announced as the Laker head coach today[/b]
    i'm not sure i like this

is this f'rills? is it just me or is Phil the most overrated pice of shit coach ever to grace the NBA. Hows about trying to build a team instead of going from sure thing to sure thing repeatedly

Hahahahah, Chauncey just deeked Horry like a motherfracker! LOL

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Pistons came out looking like it was gonna be a steamroll, but they got beat up for the next three quarters...made a nice run near the end, but Ginobili was on some other level shit. Damn. I want Detroit, but dude put on a show in that second half...

Ginobili was on some other level shit. Damn. I want Detroit, but dude put on a show in that second half...

"Isslikestaars in the night skiye..."

??

For real though, he single-handedly fucked us UP!

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    but Ginobili was on some other level shit. Damn. I want Detroit, but dude put on a show in that second half...

He's so good but for some reason I hate him. I want him to be dissapointed and found out for being not as good as he is. I want him exposed as a fraud. But he isn't and that makes me hate him more. Let the hate out.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    MANU GINOBILI: WILL OFFICIALLY BECOME THE NEW "GREAT WHITE HYPE"

no doubt, he's been ill for like 3 years now, people are just starting to notice how ill he is. He's been running shit, literally since Athens.....

BOY, it's been a while since i last watched an NBA game on t.v! (no cable)

MANU MANU MANU MANU MANU MANU MANU MANU MANU MANU MANU MANU MANU MANU

DUNCAN, GINOBILI, PARKER. THESE FOOLS ARE MOTHERFUCKIN' WARRIORS!!! (no golden state). esp. that Argentinian dude, that FOOL CAME TO PLAY. motherfuckin' warrior. i swear to god, that fool looked like a mid-fielder on a soccer field, taking it all the way by himself in the fourth!!! Also, Nazr Mohammed was a hell of a pickup for San Antonio, he made some big defensive stops and was all over the offensive glass.

but was it just me or did Chauncey Billups look like the best player in the game in the first half?! i'd say he's underappreciated by your avg. basketball fan.

awww, maybe i'm just all amped to see NBA ACTION!!! LOVE THE GAME FOOLS!

Detroit will be back, but San Antonio running on all cylinders like today is mighty tough to beat.

• Manu's left handed dunk in the 4th quarter was sick! He took over the game in the 2nd half. He is the real deal. Billups is underated, I like how he froze up Horry with the behind the back ball fake.

• whatever. the pistons get plenty of respect from the media and everyone else. to me it just seems like detroit fans cherish being in the underdog role.

when have we had the oppurtunity to cherish being the favorites?

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Manu's left handed dunk in the 4th quarter was sick! He took over the game in the 2nd half. He is the real deal. Billups is underated, I like how he froze up Horry with the behind the back ball fake.

Ginobli killed it in the second half and that move Billups did on Horry had me on the floor.

Pistons came out good and did that self shut down thing again...disappointing...

I hope they'll be able to control things in the next game.

Manu's left handed dunk in the 4th quarter was sick! He took over the game in the 2nd half. He is the real deal. Billups is underated, I like how he froze up Horry with the behind the back ball fake.

yea that fake-behind-the-back was nice. but anyone with big-ass hands could do that with ease (i.e. NBA players)

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

yea that fake-behind-the-back was nice. but anyone with big-ass hands could do that with ease (i.e. NBA players)

Agreed, it was a nice move, but Horry played the way he had to, he had a man two men to watch, and Billups had an edge on him anyway, props tho.

Whoever said that Spurs get more love in the media than Detroit is not paying attention. Neither of them get love, they are seen as the same kind of team in a lot of ways in their respective divisions. THe Spurs have FINALLY been getting a little buit of attention because of how well they have been playing. Let's face it, the Spurs have looked better in these playoffs than Detroit, more consistent and more driven IMO. To be fair tho I am a HUGE Spurs fan.

And to those of you who think the Pistons are gonna take it...

Detroit has no answer for Tim, can't slow down Manu, and simply is not as deep a team as the Spurs. i'm not sayin they ain't deep, but the Spurs only have about four players on their team that couldn't start for a lesser squad. Remember when Pop started Brent for a few games earlier in the playoffs and we were bringing MANU off the BENCH and winning! To me that's some serious depth.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    this series is about as exciting as watching paint dry seriously. didn't even watch the second half. 69 points come on ?

why couldn't it have been the heat versus the suns ? that would have been fun...

does anyone else think tayshaun prince is a weird looking dude? my dad calls him fin head cause his head is real narrow and long like the fin of a shark...he has like the thinnest head i have ever seen.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    this series is about as exciting as watching paint dry seriously. didn't even watch the second half. 69 points come on ?

why couldn't it have been the heat versus the suns ? that would have been fun...

does anyone else think tayshaun prince is a weird looking dude? my dad calls him fin head cause his head is real narrow and long like the fin of a shark...he has like the thinnest head i have ever seen.

For about the first time ever I agreed with an anouncer gefore the game-

If you want a high scoring game w/o defense watch the All Star Game

If you want to see the two best teams play each other for the title of best team in the league (this usually involves a little bit of defense), then watch the finals.

Last night had action, it did not have high scoring, these two are not mutually exclusive.

Heat v. Suns would have been sloppy basketball, not worthy of the title IMO.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

go back to playing nba live homey.

my prediction: my heart says pistons in 6, but this could easily go to 7

yea, at points it felt like a soccer match in terms of scoring. But if you didn't like the fourth quarter "you don't like NBA basketball!"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

yea, at points it felt like a soccer match in terms of scoring. But if you didn't like the fourth quarter "you don't like NBA basketball!"
    I expect Detroit to adjust tonight. The wrong thing to do is write the Pistons off. Steven A. Smith said that "Detroit is in trouble". You just cant formulate definitive opinions after one game.