THE GREAT NAME CHANGING OF 07!

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
I see you out there. Who got in where they fit in? I see Guzzo, Drew, Raj, Phill, Dizzy and myself...Anyone else felt the need/urge/calling to make it happen and reinvent themselves? And why?

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    oh soulstrut.
    how much thee love thee.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I see you out there. Who got in where they fit in? I see Guzzo, Drew, Raj, Phill, Dizzy and myself...

Day? *edit* oops hi C*sm*

more name changes

Ms Damn = Edith Head

Supertoaster = superpoaster

• Then Dizzy Bull banned himself and showed up on Waxidermy.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I see you out there. Who got in where they fit in? I see Guzzo, Drew, Raj, Phill, Dizzy and myself...

Day?

more name changes

Ms Damn = Edith Head

Day changed his name? I saw about Ms. Damn and I don't know who SuperPoster is. What happened to Dizzy?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Nope. Still Bsides, real name no gimmicks. See me out in the world and ill tell you the same.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You changed your shit back in the day I think, right?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Day?

more name changes

Ms Damn = Edith Head

Day changed his name? I saw about Ms. Damn and I don't know who SuperPoster is. What happened to Dizzy?

no I thought Talented tenth = Day.

word to the WEB Dubois reference BTW

I asked Dizzy to give me a name and he said "Jewbacca"

then I asked for a wookie with a yamaka avatar and someone sent me one

it was destiny

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Talented Tenth = AI.

• I asked Dizzy to give me a name and he said "Jewbacca"

it was destiny

Who'd you used to be?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I asked Dizzy to give me a name and he said "Jewbacca"

it was destiny

Who'd you used to be?

Jheri

• I just don't know how....

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Thank god there's a playbook... I don't check the site nearly as often now that my job isn't so boring, and the times I do check in I have no idea what the fuck is going on...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Hi guys.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Hi guys.

didn't you used to be Daze?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    the times I do check in I have no idea what the fuck is going on...

You're not the only one, homie.

• I see you out there. Who got in where they fit in? I see Guzzo, Drew, Raj, Phill, Dizzy and myself...

Anyone else felt the need/urge/calling to make it happen and reinvent themselves? And why?

i am a sheeplike follower with low self esteem who craves attention and needs acceptance from the "in" crowd

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i know i'm not part of the SS VIP, heavy posting, super-friends crew (no dis...love you all!) so i'm not really involved first hand with all the name changing but... MY NAME SUCKS! i hate my fucking name. i cringe whenever i sign in. i really want to change it. if any moder-hatter or asshurt (raj) can help me out i'd really appreciate it. if you feel i need to pay my dues before a change- i can respect that but...spiv is killing me.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I was first registered on Soul Strut under "Junkie's Prayer" and then the first big crash happened. In between teh crash and me reregistering I had moved to New York and at the time I was working as the manager of teh Advertising Department at the New York Press. It was such a terrible job and at such a low point that, when I registered again, I just chose the first thing that came to my mind - "AlienIVERSON" for some reason. I've never felt a connection to that name, but it stuck and I never got the chance to change it. Now, I feel as though I have a name on this site I have a connection to.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    WTF, I'M READY. I WANT TO BE "CHAMPAGNE". PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN.
    CAUSE, YOU KNOW, SOMEONE ONCE SAID "I'M CHAMPAGNE". AND HE WAS RIGHT, WE ARE ALL CHAMPAGNE. YES, THIS IS MY HUMBLE TRIBUTE TO THE GREAT MYLATENCY.

PLEASE, I WANT TO BE "CHAMPAGNE".

PS: IT SOUNDS ULTRA-GAY BUT I DON'T CARE.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    [OctaviaButler]God is Change[/OctaviaButler]

But I still can't get used to it. Hell, I'm still reaching for the father of handcorkscrew when I want to get a nobel prize.

But if you must catalog these changes, add Hotsauce to the list.

Thank god his avatar stayed static.

(Remember when he got deported that time? That really sucked.)

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    SHIT YEAH!

LET IT GO, PEOPLE. LET GO OF THAT FAKE "SECURITY" FEELING. UNCERTAINTY IS YOUR FRIEND. CHANGE YOUR NAME NOW CAMPAIGN.

• ---------comatoaster plaese.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    RIP JLR

b/w these name changes suck for the most part. jewbaca gets a pass

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    much better!

• somebody to please fill a dude in on how to change thy name.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    somebody to please fill a dude in on how to change thy name.

Soulstrut handling fee does not apply to rush service, Selected Research in Microfiche, and subscriptions. Documents downloaded directly from our Web site using OrderNow?? also are exempt.

Shipping Options

Orders Within the U.S.
    All regular U.S. orders are shipped either by express delivery or first-class mail, depending on destination and shipping weight.

Orders Outside the U.S.
    Orders are shipped via air mail to a delivery point within your country and then sent by surface mail to your address. In some countries, the internal surface mail delivery can be slow. Soulstrut offers regular air mail service to your address for an additional fee (see below). This faster airmail option is not available through online ordering.

Airmail Fees Canada, Mexico $4.00 per name
    All Other Countries $8.00 per name
    Customers outside the United States may find it more convenient to order from one of Soulstrut International Cooperating Organizations.

Rush Service (Telephone orders only - not available for online ordering)

To place your order or for more information, call 1-800-553-6847 or (703) 605-6000, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.

[email]ish412@soulstrut.com[/email]

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    I was going to just keep it on the DL that I switched from BackSpin to my name name.
    When I first got on here I wanted to promote my store (BackSpin) but later I decided it was kind of lame to use it as my user name. It doesn't really work as a username. I feel much more like myself now.
    I didn't know it was so en vouge though. It was just personal.

• But if you must catalog these changes, add Hotsauce to the list.

Thank god his avatar stayed static.

Butt of course!

(Remember when he got deported that time? That really sucked.)

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

But if you must catalog these changes, add Hotsauce ODub to the list.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    WTF, I'M READY. I WANT TO BE "CHAMPAGNE". PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN.
    CAUSE, YOU KNOW, SOMEONE ONCE SAID "I'M CHAMPAGNE". AND HE WAS RIGHT, WE ARE ALL CHAMPAGNE. YES, THIS IS MY HUMBLE TRIBUTE TO THE GREAT MYLATENCY.

PLEASE, I WANT TO BE "CHAMPAGNE".

PS: IT SOUNDS ULTRA-GAY BUT I DON'T CARE.

You can thank Jon Lovitz's character in Todd Solondz's movie "Happiness" where PSH is a wanker.

What an awesome movie.