Do As Al Gore Says, Not As He Does(NRR)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Dude's laughing all the way to the Oscar podium, bank, and in his warped mind, another shot at President.POWER: GORE MANSION USES 20X AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD; CONSUMPTION INCREASE AFTER 'TRUTH'Mon Feb 26 2007 17:16:14 ET The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions, issued a press release late Monday:Last night, Al Gore???s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy[/b] . Gore???s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES). In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh???more than 20 times the national average. Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh???guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year.[/b] As a result of his energy consumption, Gore???s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359. Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore???s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006. Gore???s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore???s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year. ???As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,??? said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

Comments

• yea, he should live in a teepee and only travel by horse and buggy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    yea, he should live in a teepee and only travel by horse and buggy.

Ummm...no...maybe he should do what he's telling the rest of the country to do and try to conserve.

• he has to keep the A/C cranked so his fat pasty pudgy body doesnt get all sweaty.

• nonpartisan research organization

free market policy solutions,

for an attorney you make some really bad arguments that I have to think you know are just BS.

nonpartisan research organization

Anyone who doesn't kiss the Left's ass is suspect to the Left

Anyone who doesn't kiss the Right's ass is suspect to the Right.

There is no truth anymore.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

basically.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    didn't we already play this game with respect to his 'jet-setting' for speaking engagements on climate change.

you can call him a hypocrite all you want...still doesn't deny the fact that people should try to use less energy if they can.

unless you are in fact claiming that we should not try to conserve energy if possible???

• There is no truth anymore.

How do we know your not lying?

• nonpartisan research organization

nah man c'mon you know that's a cop out.

There absolutely IS such thing as truth.

I was just making a little observation. "Free market policies," is absolutely a partisan issue.

didn't we already play this game with respect to his 'jet-setting' for speaking engagements on climate change.

you can call him a hypocrite all you want...still doesn't deny the fact that people should try to use less energy if they can.

unless you are in fact claiming that we should not try to conserve energy if possible???

Do YOU call him a hypocrite???

• didn't we already play this game with respect to his 'jet-setting' for speaking engagements on climate change.

Thats right, nobody stops to thnk how much energy Gore COULD be using. Maybe he is conserving, maybe if he didnt install those motion sensor light switches in the family room, they would be burning twice as many megabillawatts?

Duh!

• There is no truth anymore.

basically.

was there before?

nonpartisan research organization

nah man c'mon you know that's a cop out.

There absolutely IS such thing as truth.

I was just making a little observation. "Free market policies," is absolutely a partisan issue.

So you think they just made up the electric and gas bill figures??

• I was just making a little observation. "Free market policies," is absolutely a partisan issue.

Democrats dont like free markets? I mean, I know they dont, but I would be surprised to ever hear them admit it.

------------------------

I sould correct myself, I mean, they dont for everybody else.

• course not. but the whole basis for even seeking this information is clearly political. dude I am all for this information being exposed. in fact I think this is a pretty funny article. but "non-partisan free market" is just sort of laughable in our political culture.

• ^^

yep - its overly simplistic to stand and point with something like this

course not. but the whole basis for even seeking this information is clearly political. dude I am all for this information being exposed. in fact I think this is a pretty funny article. but "non-partisan free market" is just sort of laughable in our political culture.

In what way do you think the article is funny??

The fact that so many people have adjusted their lifestyles by buying certain cars and reducing energy consumption while Gore has played on their fears with half-assed science and hasn't done a damn thing himself to change his lifestyle??

I guess in some sick way that is funny??

for an attorney you make some really bad arguments that I have to think you know are just BS.

for an aspiring attorney, you seem to care about some really insignificant issues, that i have to think you know are just BS.

al gore lives in a big house...so he must not be trying to conserve energy, and therefore he is a hypocrite??? please.

power usage, alone, does not indicate that gore isn't practicing what he preaches. if you think this would stand up in court, please go take a refresher course on evidence.

• We are talking about a guy who spent 8 years in the Whitehouse and did absolutely nothing that I'm aware of to combat global warming. No big surprise that he is not walking the walk (assuming the premise of this article is accurate).

• ^^

yep - its overly simplistic to stand and point with something like this

are you trying to equivocate this away, somehow Pudgy deserves to use more energy thatn everybody else because he is the retired vice president private citizen? And then on top of it, he can preach to us about how wasteful we are, because why? Maybe you think he is somehow above you and entitled to more, but thats your problem.

Thats the problem with you people, whenver you are trying to hide your own greed, ambition, whatever - its always with the "its not that simple".

We are talking about a guy who spent 8 years in the Whitehouse and did absolutely nothing that I'm aware of to combat global warming. No big surprise that he is not walking the walk (assuming the premise of this article is accurate).

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

sure...fuck it..i'll call him a pathetic bastard. doesn't mean i shouldn't try to conserve electricity if possible.

c'mon dude....you aren't going to sit there and tell me you were on the brink of putting in a florescent light bulb in your house, but as soon as you saw this article, you went back to burning coal.

jesus dude...and c'mon, if we really wanted to debate (which i don't) i would have to ask you what the normal electricity wattage is for a house of his size? And, maybe Al Gore does use more electricity than the average US citizen...but lets be serious, an ex-vice president is hardly your average US citizen.

its a silly article and you know it.

• course not. but the whole basis for even seeking this information is clearly political. dude I am all for this information being exposed. in fact I think this is a pretty funny article. but "non-partisan free market" is just sort of laughable in our political culture.

The fact that so many people have adjusted their lifestyles by buying certain cars and reducing energy consumption while Gore has played on their fears with half-assed science and hasn't done a damn thing himself to change his lifestyle??

yeah "funny" like ironic. dude calm down I am actually AGREEING with you that dude seems like a hipocrite.

On a wider note: I think many these guys inhabit a parallel universe that is way, way far removed from the policies they promote. like when GHW Bush had no idea what a loaf of bread costs. or when Schwarzanegger promoted himself as an environment-friendly candidate while owning like 8 Hummers.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

sure...fuck it..i'll call him a pathetic bastard. doesn't mean i shouldn't try to conserve electricity if possible.

c'mon dude....you aren't going to sit there and tell me you were on the brink of putting in a florescent light bulb in your house, but as soon as you saw this article, you went back to burning coal.

It's Rockadelic.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I love how divided we are over the idea of Al Gore using electricity.

question for those defending/ attacking the article: If Paul Wolfowitz preached the same thing as Gore does and was found out to be using this much electricity would you be giving him a pass too?

yeah "funny" like ironic. dude calm down I am actually AGREEING with you that dude seems like a hipocrite.

On a wider note: I think many these guys inhabit a parallel universe that is way, way far removed from the policies they promote. like when GHW Bush had no idea what a loaf of bread costs. or when Schwarzanegger promoted himself as an environment-friendly candidate while owning like 8 Hummers.

I dont know if i could tell you what a loaf of bread costs. Wonder is like a buck, but that pepridge farms shits mad expensive.

kid.

• I love how divided we are oer the idea of Al Gore using electricity.

question for those defending/ attacking the article: If Paul Wolfowitz preached the same thing as Gore does and was found out to be using this much electricit would you be giving him a pass too?

your avatar looks like paul wolf a witz.

i would allow him jsut enough to heat up soup.

• The piece failed to mention his "house" is a 9,000 square foot house and the guest house is about half that, and I think he can't physically change to solar heating cuz of the landmark status of his crib. but don't give all the facts....

and yes - he's being a hypocrite, but his crib is far from what the average household is living in.

• Wonder is like a buck

YOU SOUND WHITE

BREAD.