~TIGHT PANTS~

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    These days I'm rocking the levi's 514 slim fit jeans. They looks sharp.

I see dudes that look like their jeans were painted on. I don't get it, but thats called being 31 years old. My aunt used to always think I was loosing weight because my jeans were always baggy in highschool. Shit, I had baggy jeans from the the gap and those shits were light green. When you've worn light green jeans before, its hard to talk shit about anything, really.

and go back even further to the crazy patterned rayon shirts buttoned to the top button with a fake gold chain... well... or the purple rayon suit??? Or the guess overalls with one or both straps hanging off- i never did that one because i couldn't afford guess, but everybody else did. airbrushed jeans... woooo!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    When you've worn light green jeans before, its hard to talk shit about anything, really.

So true. Back in my freshman year of high school, I think I might have even had a pair of light purple jeans.

I have had the damnest time finding a pair of jeans lately, not to mention a seemingly never-ending quest to find a solid pair of khakis. There are way too many variables, and it's almost impossible to find a pair that looks nice but not too nice, and casual but not too casual.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont fux w/ the supper tight jeans style but alot of kids uptown have adapted it.

I prefer some regular Levis 501. Slim but not ball crunching.

• what are people's thoughts on suit/dress pants with little to no break (meaning the pants just hit the top of the shoe with barely a crease)??

i just got a few new suits tailored like this. are people laughing at my high-waters?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    When you've worn light green jeans before, its hard to talk shit about anything, really.

So true. Back in my freshman year of high school, I think I might have even had a pair of light purple jeans.

I believe at one point I had burgundy jeans. It was the early 90s, though, and that was inexplicably the style. I bet it comes back, too. Look out 2010!

what are people's thoughts on suit/dress pants with little to no break (meaning the pants just hit the top of the shoe with barely a crease)??

i just got a few new suits tailored like this. are people laughing at my high-waters?

That's how I rock my work khakis (well, with a lil break). I do feel a bit self-conscious when I cross my legs and expose about 4-5 inches of sock, but nobody seems to think it looks funny. I think.

• the new trend i've noticed a lot of kids wearing is these really ugly hoodie jacket/sweatshirts...i don't know what they are called but they have pictures of tigers and sparkles and shit on them. i noticed people were wearing them in hong kong like 4 years ago. also something i noticed starting in hong kong that i've seen here recently this year is jackets with fur hoodies...one i hope doesn't jump (seen it in britain and hk) is tight polo shirts with the collar turned up like elvis. man what is going on with people ? i feel old.

I prefer some regular Levis 501. Slim but not ball crunching.

I'm rocking relaxed 559s, with no apologies.

Edit: 559s

• When you've worn light green jeans before, its hard to talk shit about anything, really.

I believe at one point I had burgundy jeans. It was the early 90s, though, and that was inexplicably the style. I bet it comes back, too. Look out 2010!

me too. i also rocked orange in high school. when i see pictures of me in high school i can't help but blush. definition of

the new trend i've noticed a lot of kids wearing is these really ugly hoodie jacket/sweatshirts...i don't know what they are called but they have pictures of tigers and sparkles and shit on them. i noticed people were wearing them in hong kong like 4 years ago. also something i noticed starting in hong kong that i've seen here recently this year is jackets with fur hoodies...one i hope doesn't jump (seen it in britain and hk) is tight polo shirts with the collar turned up like elvis. man what is going on with people ? i feel old.

Late pass - the overall print & faux fur thang started a minute ago.

• the new trend i've noticed a lot of kids wearing is these really ugly hoodie jacket/sweatshirts...i don't know what they are called but they have pictures of tigers and sparkles and shit on them. i noticed people were wearing them in hong kong like 4 years ago. also something i noticed starting in hong kong that i've seen here recently this year is jackets with fur hoodies...one i hope doesn't jump (seen it in britain and hk) is tight polo shirts with the collar turned up like elvis. man what is going on with people ? i feel old.

Late pass - the overall print & faux fur thang started a minute ago.

really ? i saw that shit in hong kong in 2004 but it's only been recently around here (probably central valley is the last place to rock the trendy clothes).

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Perhaps this has already happened, but I haven't been to TJ Max in a while so I can't say for certain, but where are the alloverprintdickpants?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the new trend i've noticed a lot of kids wearing is these really ugly hoodie jacket/sweatshirts...i don't know what they are called but they have pictures of tigers and sparkles and shit on them. i noticed people were wearing them in hong kong like 4 years ago. also something i noticed starting in hong kong that i've seen here recently this year is jackets with fur hoodies...one i hope doesn't jump (seen it in britain and hk) is tight polo shirts with the collar turned up like elvis. man what is going on with people ? i feel old.

this is the ed harvey phenomenon

associate to this type of a cap

celebrities all over the trend

god this hoodie is awful

god this hoodie is awful

"this goes to eleven.."

god this hoodie is awful

"this goes to eleven.."

I saw a hefty gentleman wearing one of these the other day. All it did was call attention to how much fat he must have on those bones to fill out that sweatshirt.

• These days I'm rocking the levi's 514 slim fit jeans.

i live by these. theyre not really of the "tight pants" variety, but more or less fit very well. well, i get the corduroys but same difference. plus levis still makes pants inseams in "stumpy" for us asian folk. them fancy pants only come with a inseam of like 34 and if i get them i always have to go to the jeans guy to get them hemmed.

oh yeah, in case you were all wondering, i switched over to my regular pants today.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    this thread is hilarious, old dudes just picking up on ancient trends, just noticing ones that are on their way out...all-over print hoodies are DONE and people are acting like they are just STARTING....

hahahahaha

that said, holy shit that ribcage hoodie is the ugliest one ive ever seen. that shit is stupid.

• it may be because of the neighborhood im in, but i see more black folks sporting this tacky shit than anyone else. specificaly those trucker hats and that rib cage hoodie. not to mention countless knockoff bape shit.

oh yeah, and to be fair, i rarely go to the westside, so my world may be skewed.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    old dudes just picking up on ancient trends, just noticing ones that are on their way out...

You'll be our age one day young wippersnapper!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    old dudes just picking up on ancient trends, just noticing ones that are on their way out...

i know, i know...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

i know, i know...

Don't worry... its not as bad as we make it look...

OR IS IT?????????

• I'm surprised no one noted how old school hip hoppers used to rock the "dick pants"

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

that said, holy shit that ribcage hoodie is the ugliest one ive ever seen. that shit is stupid.

i mean that color scheme is on some OceanPacific...Reef...11 year olds gear on special at walmart steez

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    I'm surprised no one noted how old school hip hoppers used to rock the "dick pants"

thats what i was wondering...even ice cube was wearing them as late as straight outta compton

I'm surprised no one noted how old school hip hoppers used to rock the "dick pants"

thats what i was wondering...even ice cube was wearing them as late as straight outta compton

Nah - I wore those jeans in 80-84. They arent cut the same as what i see these kids wearing.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

he is responsible, not hipsters.

He's done some great collections though. Dior had it going on with him doing the menswear, I don't really care too much for Kris van Assche's first Dior collection. But hey, at least their pants are getting wider:

• Nah - I wore those jeans in 80-84. They arent cut the same as what i see these kids wearing.

Yeah, different cut, but still tight.

check out these hipsters

check out these hipsters

Haha....

But the denim isnt tight from the knees to the ankles like they are now.

oh thats what you were talking about, gotcha.

motion to call the pants you're reffering to as frog legs