Records coming back to downtown Chicago

2»

Comments

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Is Rock Records still open over by the Thompson Center? They have new CDs, sometimes on sale, and even not on sale, usually costing less than a Coconuts.

What used to be at 26 E. Madison? Anyone know? I can't picture it in my head.

• Sweet. This is less than a block from where I work.

Yo Pickwick, You work around this area? we should do lunch.

Hit me on the PM and well figure out something

• Is Rock Records still open over by the Thompson Center? They have new CDs, sometimes on sale, and even not on sale, usually costing less than a Coconuts.

Yeah! Forgot about that place. Still around and kicking ass. Last year they had a blue tag discount sale going for a few months, fooling everybody into thinking that they were gonna go belly-up like Tower did later that same year, but they appear to be still going strong. Got some really good archival R&B/rock/country reissues during that sale...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    rock records is pretty great
    too bad about crow's nest

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I got a bunch of indie rock and hip hop 12s for cheap in the year before Crows Nest flew south. It was dangerous to have that place one block from work, especially when they started putting everything on blowout.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Their jazz selection was pretty crazy too. I got that Sun Ra album devoted to Batman and Robin there.