Day's beat on the Nas album

2»

Comments

• olski, do i have any more royalties coming my way? lemme know...would be motivation to put out some more stuff, definitely.....havent heard from you in a while...

Yo Ako hearing you talking about "motivation" seems a little bit strange to me in a way.

What is your problem ???

I sended you a DVD of datas for 2 whole songs + unreleased additional tracks almost a year ago so that you do a remix of it.

Never heard any peep of you !!!

I asked you 3 times what is with the remix, go check your myspace comments, there it is written, you NEVER reacted.

I mean if the material is shit, tell me, if you dont want to do it, tell me, if you got no time out of whatever reason, TELL ME.

But not reacting is shitty and dissrespectfull.

So what is your motivation problem ????

You are young, you should have enough time to do beats, beacuse you got enough time to post here daily ???

IS IT MONEY ?????

Come on man, should I send you some money to answer my mails ???

If you wanna answer me, do it on PM or on myspace or send me a letter like I sended you a letter.

I wont discuss the shit here openly anymore, but it makes me angry when people start to come out of their holes in this public forum but cant move their ass to a NORMAL email.

And by the way, I dont know it, but maybe the "problem" you got with MPM is the same problem you got with me.

Not communicating is fucked up and brings missunderstandings and shit with it.

This is what I had to say about MPM and money in another thread here:

I do music for over ten years know, and I released a shitload of stuff on a lot of lables indies and majors.

So yes, the music biz is a fucked up business, and I only know two companys that not fucked and ripped me up, and Melting Pot is one of the two.

Think about it !!!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

Peace
    Hawkeye

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    yikes?

i typed a lot but nah. heres some simple replies, and the only reason im leaving this public is because yours was too, if anybodys gonna get a bad impression of me, they might as well hear my defense too.

my "problem" is i am a perfectionist, it takes me literally months to get anywhere on a beat because if im not feeling something right away, it goes into my "maybe later" pile and i work on it at another time. i work full time and when i get home, usually my top priorities are relaxing or seeing friends. im passionate about music, but i work at my own pace.

we have talked since i received the dvd (which arrived SIGNIFICANTLY less than a year ago, seeing as how i recieved it at my current apartment and i didnt even live here till fall of 2006) i mentioned getting it and being excited to work on the tracks, you sent me maybe one message via myspace after that, which was a casual seeing how things were going type message. if you labeled it "you have to get these beats done today, this isnt a project for you to play with because its fun, this is serious business and i expect a fresh beat within 3 months" then maybe i would have responded within seconds, its not like i was like "hey im gonna not respond, heh heh heh" or anything, i get countless emails and messages that go unreplied to because i usually check really quick at work or whatever, then plan on replying later. i apologize for not replying, but if you really wanted to stay in contact, you always could have messaged me again, and again, if you needed to. i figured it was a casual project, something fun for me to mess with if i wanted to (which i did, i can send you what i started if you want, its not like i got the dvd and threw it away)

maybe the fact that im young, which you pointed out, is why the internet does not feel like as serious of business to me as it is to some people...i apologize for not getting back in contact with you, but if i knew it was as big a deal as it is apparently (enough for you to reply to my calm, easy, paragraph-long post with an extensive angry somewhat-unrelated response) then trust me, we would have been talking on a regular basis

that said, not getting paid for work i did, and was told id get paid for, is NOT good motivation. i still make beats, but im gonna go at my own pace if im not even gonna get what im promised out of it. its not all about the money, im very grateful my records got released and am content, thats why my response was so calm. but at the same time, if somebody is making money off of something i put so much time in, even a DIME would make the biggest difference. not to say i havent got paid either, i have, its just as far as my agreement with olski went, i should be recieving more money...and if i didnt really need it, then i wouldnt even care.

in fact lets leave olski out of this. thats a private matter and hes been a cool dude. sorry i made it public in the first place.

anyway thats all im sayin. no hard feelings, im an easy going dude but such a negative response to such a calm post was pretty unnecessary. i aint mad. just wondering. and i do apologize. for real.

• AKO Check your PMs

Peace
    Hawkeye

P.S.

A Comment on the average topic of writing on a message board:

Everybody can read this here, thats why we all should be more carefull with what we talk about. I'm not paranoid about any Big Brother shit or something, its just that you can destroy the reputation of someone.

I bet you all google people and this is what they will read.

Thats why you reacted on my post.

Another thing, yes I'm a little bit angry, but not in the way it seems.

Thats the problem with written words. The context of mimic and sound of voice is missing, and so the impressions sometimes are not as exact as the would have been as if we all sat in one room talking to each other.

Ako, I bet if we would have sat in a bar and had a beer, we would have joked about the whole topic.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Ako, I bet if we would have sat in a bar and had a beer, we would have joked about the whole topic.

true, like i said no hard feelings. glad we're ok. haha

• Check the PMs, i just sended the message.

Hawkeye

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    just to fit in with the reconcilatory nature of this post. i did take longer and checked day's work out in full and he is mad talented, his beats are about 100x doper then mine. the first time i heard stepping into tommorow was on a madlib compilation and i only know the bill withers break cos i used it myself.

so yeah

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Moral of the story : DJ Day should dig a bit deeper.

Not really, unless you believe in selecting your sample sources based on their obscurity rather than their musical value.
    I was kidding. I just hate the way Olski implied that LES beat was not original, when he knows damn well that coincidence like this happens all the time.