Blast from the past: WORLDWIDE VINYL ASSOCIATION

aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
since this has been such a fun day on soulstrut. i offer you my favorite deal gone awry of all timea blast from the past which was regulated at the time by our very own Frankbackground:i sold a stock copy (had a box of 'em) of Marlena SHaw - Woman of the Ghetto to some guy in france for $30 or something. He was unhappy with the condition which was interesting seeing as it had never been played before. After agreeing to refund his cash after receiving the record back (didn't want to deal with the nut anymore), all i received was a record broken in three pieces. The threats and temper tantrums escalated to this amazing letter that i received from the UN of the Record World: THE WORLD WIDE VINYL ASSOCIATION!!!!!!!!!________________________________________________________________________________________Mr *********I am the President of the Vinyl-Record Association Germany and one of our Business Partners just informed us about a uncorrect Deal you made through Ebay.We hope that you clear the situation with our Member Hector Mantequilla, otherwise we will put you on our black List of unserious Recorddealer.We will send out your Ebay Seller Name and your Private Adress (we got from Hector Mantequilla)to 50000 Members and Recordcollectors Worldwide.Also, we will give 20000 Flyer with your Bad Profil to all RecordFreaks on the worlds biggest RecordFair in Utrecht(netherlands) on the 14-16 April 05.Believe Me we will do that communication!We will protect our Members.Hope you will find the right solution mr. ********* otherwise you will have big problems .We will disturb your unserious Record Business very much and in every way!You better cooperate.sin! cerely,Bernd Arnold

Comments

• "Unserious Record Business" needs a gramlin.

• Believe Me we will do that communication!

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Vinyl-Record Association

Sounds amazing...

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    We will disturb your unserious Record Business very much and in every way!
    LOVE IT!

WORLDWIDE VINYL ASSOCIATION ?
    IMG SRC=http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7786/63944ejmiwad1.jpg>
    Bernd Arnold?
    IMG SRC=http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2159/64025bhjgwmj5.jpg>

It gets deep...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    since this has been such a fun day on soulstrut.
    i offer you my favorite deal gone awry of all time
    a blast from the past which was regulated at the time by our very own Frank

background:
    i sold a stock copy (had a box of 'em) of Marlena SHaw - Woman of the Ghetto to some guy in france for $30 or something. He was unhappy with the condition which was interesting seeing as it had never been played before. After agreeing to refund his cash after receiving the record back (didn't want to deal with the nut anymore), all i received was a record broken in three pieces. The threats and temper tantrums escalated to this amazing letter that i received from the UN of the Record World: THE WORLD WIDE VINYL ASSOCIATION!!!!!!!!!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr *********

I am the President of the Vinyl-Record Association Germany and one of our Business Partners just informed us about a uncorrect Deal you made through Ebay.We hope that you clear the situation with our Member Hector Mantequilla, otherwise we will put you on our black List of unserious Recorddealer.We will send out your Ebay Seller Name and your Private Adress (we got from Hector Mantequilla)to 50000 Members and Recordcollectors Worldwide.Also, we will give 20000 Flyer with your Bad Profil to all RecordFreaks on the worlds biggest RecordFair in Utrecht(netherlands) on the 14-16 April 05.Believe Me we will do that communication!We will protect our Members.Hope you will find the right solution mr. ********* otherwise you will have big problems .We will disturb your unserious Record Business very much and in every way!

You better cooperate.

sin! cerely,

Bernd Arnold

You gotta love the punchline at the end there considering the letter was intended to be written formally.

"You better cooperate".

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    So did they come through good with the threat? Are you "blacklisted" or did you send the guy a replacement record/refund?? So many brilliant examples of german-english hilarity in that letter.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The sad thing is, as a member of the Worldwide Vinyl
    Association, I really did receive an update with your
    eBay handle, real name & mailing address, warning me
    not to do any business with you. For the record, I sent
    in a testimonial on your behalf, trying to give you an
    opportunity to present your case to the panel - but Hector
    Mantequilla is too high up in the organization, and refused to let
    your case be heard at all.

In fact, you had a set sale last summer on here that included
    a couple of albums I wanted - I sent a PM, but received a
    screen saying that it could not be sent, and shortly thereafter
    (like 10 minutes!) I received an e-mail stating that if I tried
    to purchase from you again, I would be ex-communicated from
    the WVA for life, with no hope of reinstatement.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The sad thing is, as a member of the Worldwide Vinyl
    Association, I really did receive an update with your
    eBay handle, real name & mailing address, warning me
    not to do any business with you. For the record, I sent
    in a testimonial on your behalf, trying to give you an
    opportunity to present your case to the panel - but Hector
    Mantequilla is too high up in the organization, and refused to let

In fact, you had a set sale last summer on here that included
    a couple of albums I wanted - I sent a PM, but received a
    screen saying that it could not be sent, and shortly thereafter
    (like 10 minutes!) I received an e-mail stating that if I tried
    to purchase from you again, I would be ex-communicated from
    the WVA for life, with no hope of reinstatement.

Wow--I guess he really did not hesitate to do the communication!

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    New Aleit title "unserious Recorddealer"

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Once again A**.First of all, my englisch is not so good.and i never said there are visible scratches.>I was always TALKIN ABOUT aUDIBLE cLICKS;pOPS;TICKS;sCRATCHES OR hOWEVER,oNCE aGAIN;THIS IS not A nm COPY:aND IAM not HAPPY WITH A PART: rEFUNFD OF 10 i WILL SEND THE reCORD BACK TO YOU AND WANT TO HAVE THE fULL rEFUND OF 33 as you tald a few minutes ago.
    YOU are Saying something completely differen now!!
    I DONT NEED RECORDS WITH CLICKS(or Pops,Tics...)!
    If you are not agree with that i will inform Ebay in Due to the Situation and will leave Negativ Feedback as well.
    I will NOT Keep that Record,Sorry.Hope we will find a peacefull solution.

ONCE AGAIN ASSHOLE WANKER, I informed several People worldwide now and you WILL SEE what happening soon you fucking asshole wanker.I will come soon to America and then i will come for a visit.I have your postal adress.Whatch your back.be carefull asshole.

ASSHOLE!! I contacted the German Vinyl-Record Assiciation and imfomedt hem to your Cheap Tricks.You should have a Crisis Maaneggement Now.Watch me!!You Fucking Bastard!!

you talk to much bullshit a**.WATCH ME!I will tell all my recordcollector worldwide(and thats a lot)what kind of asshole seller you are.POOR A**!

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    but Hector Mantequilla is too high up in the organization, and refused to let

He's too high up?

I knew I recognised that name...

'A workday peters out. An unpromising 22-year-old named Walter Van Brunt is discovered sharing joints and beer in a bar called the Throbbing Elbow. His companions are Hector Mantequilla (''ragged wild hair'') and Mardi, who's wearing a hand-dyed paper miniskirt with matching panties -a dress ''so short as to expose the nether curve of her buttocks.'' ''I got something for you, man - something special,'' says Hector, taking Walter's arm. ''In the men's room, you know?''

• Crisis Maaneggement