I GOT OVER ON GOOD RECORDS

aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
not sure if the dude that runs that shop posts here. but i found this in his bargain bins for only $2.i had never heard of this band before finding this rare gem. but it looks like i scored big time.and in a really major way. record store owners don't have all the knowledgei've always said "I have that spidey sense" when it comes to RARE GROOVEmy blackberry was down while i was digging. but i discovered this when i got home. http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=4841863860I am taking offers from the low to high popsike values for any interested. i was hoping to catch the median popsike value.PLEASE DON"T TELL GOODRECORDS ABOUT THIS THOUGH!!I!!I!I!I!II!I!I DON"T WANT TO LOSE DIGGING PRIVILEGES

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    the dude that runs that shop was totally a herb when he lived here in the bay area. didnt know SHIT about digging. glad you got over on that cornball...

he deserves it...

• I am taking offers from the low to high popsike values for any interested. i was hoping to catch the median popsike value.

What's the condition??

• FUCK! SHIT! I put that record back last time. It looked like a rock record!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    the dude that runs that shop was totally on the herb and didnt know SHIT about digging.
    glad you got over on that cornball...

he deserves it...

• Last time I was there I told the owner "I'm not buying a single record in this store until you buy me a sixpack." Dude's such an alcoholic he immediately threw me some cash from out of the register and said, "There's a deli around the corner. I'll let you have any record you want if you just hurry up with the sauce." And it was like 11am. Kinda sad really.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

What's the condition??

It is in median popsike condition. ranges from VG to Sealed.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

What's the condition??

It's very easy to verify if it is still sealed. Put it underwater and watch if the cover suffers water damage. You're welcome.

• What's the condition??

What's the condition of the copy you've just found (LP/cover)? I imagine we're not talkin bout a sealed orig here....

Thx...

Hey, back off! I might be new to this but I'm true to this. Records aren't everything man! Maybe you should worry about what I DIDN'T put back.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

What's the condition??

What's the condition of the copy you've just found (LP/cover)? I imagine we're not talkin bout a sealed orig here....

Thx...

Are you suggesting it's a REISSUE??????

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

What's the condition??

Thx...

has this record been reissued???????

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    GOOD RECORDS DUDE SELLING REISSUES AS OGs

THAT DUDE IS THE TONY MONTANA OF THE RECORD GAME

• has this record been reissued???????

Yes ... and the re-ish is a gatefold. If the cardboard is white on the inside, then you just got an ok deal on a re-ish. Hey, its a good record. Enjoy it.

Hey, back off! I might be new to this but I'm true to this. Records aren't everything man! Maybe you should worry about what I DIDN'T put back.

I can only imagine if a Skull Snaps was in there... I just thought every Tom, Dick & Harry was up on that ish... Got blown up huge in the early 90's when every other hip hop producer was choppin that break...

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    FUCK! SHIT! I put that record back last time. It looked like a rock record!

I can only imagine if a Skull Snaps was in there... I just thought every Tom, Dick & Harry was up on that ish... Got blown up huge in the early 90's when every other hip hop producer was choppin that break...

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    YOU WILL GETS DA BAN FOR THIS, SON!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "FAKE FINDS STORY BY ONE ALEIT, WHO IS FRIEND OF GOOD RECORDS"

• What's the condition??

Thx...

has this record been reissued???????

I wasn't suggesting this is a reish, just assuming it wasn't sealed...

To add to snagglepus' post... the reish is housed in a glossy stock gatefold cover and may have a barcode on it...

An original would have a paste-on inner as well...

Once you can confirm if this is an original and post condition, I'll PM an offer...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I don't know what's funnier. Aleit's post or the responces from people who are taking it seriously...

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    "STORY BY ALEIT"

you need to be banned for fucking up the fun... snitchin is wack

• I don't know what's funnier. Aleit's post or the responces from people who are taking it seriously...

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    I don't know what's funnier. Aleit's post or the responces from people who are taking it seriously...

Is this record really all that? I have 2 in my parents basement from when my pops used to DJ, one has some writing on it in magic marker- looks like its signed.

I'll take $80 to sneak one out. Should i post this in the for sale section? (Mods?)

• "FAKE FINDS STORY BY ONE ALEIT, WHO IS FRIEND OF GOOD RECORDS"

You're a cornball.

• I have 2 in my parents basement from when my pops used to DJ, one has some writing on it in magic marker- looks like its signed.

That guy at Good Records is CRAZY though. I found a Mandrill record that I needed and the Sylvia Striplin 12" that Biggie used on "Get Money" for $6 each.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

if you can't contribute anything to this discussion, please shut up. We are talking business over here. This is a rare record. Did yo even know that? Please stay away.

ALEIT: I got $250 on it. If this is gonna be an auction-like sale, I prefer we do this in public and not via PMs. I repeat: $250 is my number.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Dayums.

Me and my girl are rolling to the Jersey Shore today, i'll grab it. Holler at me. 484-300-1029. You want the signed or unsigned (hype)?? I'll just bring both.

What's this thing sound like anyway? I don't care for jazz.