your thoughts on christina doing it's a mans world

2»

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    All I'm saying is that I don't want Ursher to cover "Do Right Woman" when Aretha moves on.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Girl has a voice, but I doubt she'll ever end up working with a producer or band that brings out more than just a pop sensability.

What, you mean somebody like Premier

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    xtina's album is slightly less than half dope

the single was one of the best songs of last year though

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i reserve my perv

hahaha...

mr. powers, do you know who i am

but yeah, she was fine.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    christina can sing. she can sing the hell out a song. however, she ain't got no soul.

shit, prince was in the building. why didn't they ask him to do the tribute? he got the star power, stage presence, voice, and most of all soul.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I can't name too many current Female vocalist better than Christina...

She damn sure was the best singer last night ...male or female

Mary continues to sound like shit live yet people seem to give her a pass ...

i know ......i sound white

Damn Ed, I thought I was the only one. I noticed this last year when she was promoting her newest joint. I saw her perform live a couple of times and her pitch was completely off. Marva Whitney pulls this same shit too.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Girl has a voice, but I doubt she'll ever end up working with a producer or band that brings out more than just a pop sensability.

What, you mean somebody like Premier

Or Herbie Hancock?

• christina can not sing. She has all the tools neccesay to be a good singer but she isnt using them correctly. The bitch blasts her way through every fucking song seemingly more intent on showing off her octave range than really singing.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I can't name too many current Female vocalist better than Christina...

She damn sure was the best singer last night ...male or female

Mary continues to sound like shit live yet people seem to give her a pass ...

i know ......i sound white

Damn Ed, I thought I was the only one. I noticed this last year when she was promoting her newest joint. I saw her perform live a couple of times and her pitch was completely off. Marva Whitney pulls this same shit too.
    I thought it was no secret that Mary J's live performances are

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Can we at least all agree that Christina Aguilera > Mary J Blige ?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Mary continues to sound like shit live

Can you please explain why? Do you mean technically? Maybe it comes down to taste but I prefer MJB's ability to sing with melody and arrangment in mind and from the gut/soul as opposed to Christina's inability to have any subtlety and the fact the it all sounds like it goes no deeper than her lungs.
    I saw MJB perform live on a TV show I was working on and it was nowhere close to

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    No.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Please do not attempt to post about music again.

Christina's cool--she's got a good voice, but she's never done much music I would want to listen to.

Mary, on the other hand, is one of the alltime great soul sisters. She is part of the pantheon. You do not even know how many people's lives she's affected with her music.

Mary >>>>>> just about everyone else ever

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    No.

I like Christina. Some of her songs are really great. She's got a great voice. But I'll take Mary J's Discography over her's any day of the week.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    christina can not sing. She has all the tools neccesay to be a good singer but she isnt using them correctly. The bitch blasts her way through every fucking song seemingly more intent on showing off her octave range than really singing.

You know what? You're right about her style. Oversinging is a motherfucking virus in popular music today. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: there is only one Candi Staton.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Very bad, horrible!