____For the Old Skool Skate Headz____

2»

Comments

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    No doubt I usedd to have a mesh hat that said Suicidal on the bill.. Them guys were hella Venice dirt head shit in the early days

• and for the Bones Brigade videos..me and a friend of mine found an old video store that still had all their oldschool skate/metal/etc videos from the 80s. We started renting them all and dubbing like crazy as well as color cover copies,etc. Had to take advantage of finding all the old Powell Peralta joints.

Reissued on DVD my man. Along with classic era powell shirts which will now be the focus of my consumerdom.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I was skating with Lance Mountain the other day. Well not with him, but next to him. He did cheer one of my moves though. That was cool. A legend cheering me on.

I met Gator back in the day at Del Mar. He was a ripper, but a punk ass bitch. i dogged on him for years after that. When he killed that girl, I said, "See, I told you he was a fuckwad."

Speaking of Dogtown,

Jay Adams at my local spot. Glendale, CA, last week. Photo was taken by Lance Lemond

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Jay Adams at my local spot. Glendale, CA, last week.

Whoa, when did he get out of jail?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Jay Adams at my local spot. Glendale, CA, last week.

Whoa, when did he get out of jail?

A couple of months ago. Now him and Holmes are out of jail.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Man I got all pumped watching that ....I remeber watching all those Bones Bergade vids..Lance Mountain killin it!

Still got my OG VHS of this bad boy. I even sampled some music and some "ripping style, holmes!" dialogue for a terrible, terrible mixtape.

• Still got my OG VHS of this bad boy. I even sampled some music and some "ripping style, holmes!" dialogue for a terrible, terrible mixtape.

post A FILE

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Still got my OG VHS of this bad boy. I even sampled some music and some "ripping style, holmes!" dialogue for a terrible, terrible mixtape.

ogvhsskatevidraer?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

post A FILE

Hahaha, I don't think I could even if I wanted to. Unless I have a copy hiding in my apartment somewhere (which is always about a 50/50 shot), I think all copies were mercifully destroyed. This was me trying to make wacky mixes and scratch up a storm before I was competent enough to do those things.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the name of the Gator movie is called "Stoked".

Man, that movie was spooky. Dude was nutso.

The part where they showed him terribly attempting to street skate was depressing too. It hit home a little because when I was younger, I totally killed it and all these kids in my area looked up to me, but then they quickly started to progress, eventually blowing anything I could do away. Now I can't do shit.

DJ Ferrari

Yeah, this was definitely depressing for me, because this was my shit when I was 16:

I liked the cut of the Lance Mountain better, it was easier to ride than the Gator which was HUGE, but I just was sold on those graphics, like any 16 year old would be.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

But what happend to Rocky George that guy was dope!

Rocky is currently sporting an Angela Davis 'fro and playing in the latest incarnation of Fishbone:

Note all the Red Stripe bottles on the amp behind him, reports are that he's been pretty faded at a lot of the gigs.