____For the Old Skool Skate Headz____

phono13phono13 842 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Here's an amusing Neal Blender video clip a buddy sent me:http://progressive.stream.aol.com/time/gl/skate/videos/2004/jan/blender_dl.mov

Comments

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Hey
    I saw a crazy documentry about Mark Gator and How he went off the deep end (mentaly) and killed that. Very Dope..... anyone know what thats called?

• Hey
    I saw a crazy documentry about Mark Gator and How he went off the deep end (mentaly) and killed that. Very Dope..... anyone know what thats called?

Stoked

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Here's an amusing Neal Blender video clip a buddy sent me:

http://progressive.stream.aol.com/time/gl/skate/videos/2004/jan/blender_dl.mov

noseblunt to japan air to tag the wall.

haha! classic.

oh, and just saw lords of dogtown. shyte wasn't that bad.

got me all nostalgic and stuff.

peas.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Hey

yeh i just saw that documentary too... I think it was on iFC or something like that??

the name of the Gator movie is called "Stoked".

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Stoked was definatly worth seeing

the footage of Gator trying to learn to skate street is unbelievable.. fuckin up multiple attempts to jump a lil curb.. throwin a big hissy fit.

wild

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    Here's an amusing Neal Blender video clip a buddy sent me:

http://progressive.stream.aol.com/time/gl/skate/videos/2004/jan/blender_dl.mov

noseblunt to japan air to tag the wall.

haha! classic.

oh, and just saw lords of dogtown. shyte wasn't that bad.

got me all nostalgic and stuff.

peas.
    posted this before but here some real dogtown shit, courtesy of my man...
    for those interested in a chunk of some real history on DT
    peep my man sh*un's site
    EXCEL HOMEPAGE
    EXCEL13
    these are the dudes metallica ripped off one of their biggest hits from...

billy yeron getting up on the first marina del rey skatepark team van.
    photo: sh*un 1979

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Man, that movie was spooky. Dude was nutso.

The part where they showed him terribly attempting to street skate was depressing too. It hit home a little because when I was younger, I totally killed it and all these kids in my area looked up to me, but then they quickly started to progress, eventually blowing anything I could do away. Now I can't do shit.

DJ Ferrari

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Yes Thank you!
    flick took me back to that era...I grew up in vista where dude is locked up

I had the TV hooked up watching that and making beats. I used some vocal snippets as interludes on a tape I made. Peep it!
    check the DITC remix

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Stoked was definatly worth seeing

the footage of Gator trying to learn to skate street is unbelievable.. fuckin up multiple attempts to jump a lil curb.. throwin a big hissy fit.

wild

Yeah SO funny....

Man I got all pumped watching that ....I remeber watching all those Bones Bergade vids..Lance Mountain killin it!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Man I got all pumped watching that ....I remeber watching all those Bones Bergade vids..Lance Mountain killin it!

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

EXACTLY.....
    I was young watching that flick!
    I remember them taking a chainsaw and making a convertable out of some old ride

wasn't that in thrashin?

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Yeah! I had a sticker of than too

I think the movie was called 'The search for Maste Chan" or something like that

Actually it was "Search for Animal Chin"

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Actually it was "Search for Animal Chin"
    Yeah ....I was young when those were out....do they still sell those?

• Actually it was "Search for Animal Chin"
    Yeah ....I was young when those were out....do they still sell those?

yeah

yes gremmy, they still sell those.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    haha, the timing of this post is fuckin perfect.

I was sending out form letters to clients yesterday and the last one I send is to....

Mike Vallely!!

I hit up the Financial Consultant's assistant who has the account to see if it was him and it was. funny shit.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Yeah!

The timming is wierd ...I just copped Sucidal "Join the Army" on Sunday for a nostalgia trip (old Suicidal is still dope) which reminds me of all this ish!

• anybody ever see this one? its got footage of this spot in houston we skate all the time. this ditch called ez-7, in the video i think t.hawk ollies the channel and gonz kickflipped it.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Yeha my brother had a grip of movies but... He was older...I remember one with a guy skateing with a TV on the cover.

• that would be BAN THIS.

thats actually the first video i spent my dollar a week allowance on back in the day, took me a while to save up for that one!!

we used to rent them from this skateshop all the time.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    OH DAMN! I forgot about renting from Skate shops! Hell yeah we used to rent from this one spot. And out here we had the Mike Mcgill Skate Park not too far away!

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    Yeah!

The timming is wierd ...I just copped Sucidal "Join the Army" on Sunday for a nostalgia trip (old Suicidal is still dope) which reminds me of all this ish!
    JOIN THEE ARMAY! THE SUICIDAL ARMAY!

yo you need to cop a band called NoMercy & Beowulf, both suicisal affiliated bands, in fact muir sang for one of em'

peace

• heres another from ez-7, thats my friend wayne aka the wza

Thought I would post some old school photos of me skating at different spots back in the day.

At the Ocean Bowl in Ocean City, MD.

At Landsdowne park in Baltimore MD.

Nuther hip.

dope burner below me.

peas.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Yeah!

JOIN THEE ARMAY! THE SUICIDAL ARMAY!

yo you need to cop a band called NoMercy & Beowulf, both suicisal affiliated bands, in fact muir sang for one of em'

peace

Yeah and Ifectious grooves(funky dope early album) there was another affilated group called excel!

But what happend to Rocky George that guy was dope!

• I need that t-shirt..

and for the Bones Brigade videos..me and a friend of mine found an old video store that still had all their oldschool skate/metal/etc videos from the 80s. We started renting them all and dubbing like crazy as well as color cover copies,etc. Had to take advantage of finding all the old Powell Peralta joints.