WEEKDAY FINDS - BOOM!!!!

guy_alcindorguy_alcindor 621 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Got lucky and found this:some other nice disco pieces, too.... anyone know what this 12" usually goes for?

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    can anyone read that??

• can anyone read that??

All I can make out is "thousand finger man".

• candido.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    candido thousand finger man

• can anyone read that??

my camera is the most primitive piece of shit you've ever seen. an upgrade is long overdue.

haha. I'm not sure what that record goes for really.

I just got a Luther Thomas "funkey donkey vol. 1" in the mail. finally, you gotta love ebayers that charge $6.80 for media mail.

• haha. I'm not sure what that record goes for really.

I just got a Luther Thomas "funkey donkey vol. 1" in the mail. finally, you gotta love ebayers that charge $6.80 for media mail.

You got that for cheap anyways.... hehe

haha. I'm not sure what that record goes for really.

true, but I'll still complain. haha

• Got lucky and found this:

some other nice disco pieces, too.... anyone know what this 12" usually goes for?

Nice find ... One of my favourite Salsoul records.

Last night after a quick hunt.
    Grover Washington - Soul Box Vol 1.and Vol 2.
    Grover Washington - Reed Seed
    Grover Washington - A Secret Place

And these were on my desk this morning.
    Tom Verlaine - S/T
    Tom Verlaine - Dreamtime

I really like Television. I had a quick listen to these online, and I think his solo stuff should stack up. Shd be interesting.

No pics sorry. Camera is out of battery.

• haha. I'm not sure what that record goes for really.

true, but I'll still complain. haha

I love this album

Here are my recent finds/buys. The Hutson II and James Mason are both OG's and SEALED. 2 White whales finally aquired. And fuck media/priority mail. My raers fly toward me like magnets. Check it...
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Nice records but watching that Hutson II flying at me is making me a little ill.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Got lucky and found this:

some other nice disco pieces, too.... anyone know what this 12" usually goes for?

I think that 12" is insanely rare.. i might be wrong, but some dude was trying to sell it on ebay a little while ago for at least $500.. vinyltreasure is his username.

that being said, i am just going by what he was trying to sell it for, not for what i have ever seen it go for.

so good to have on 12".....!

• Strange, I wouldn't have guessed that Candido 12" was that rare/expensive. I must be thinking of a different single from that album.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Nice pull, N***. Let me know if you need "help" auctioning it

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.
    This item or one like it has been relisted.

In related news, I copped the Honky Tonk Popcorn LP for $3 in a lot sale.

• Strange, I wouldn't have guessed that Candido 12" was that rare/expensive. I must be thinking of a different single from that album.

Basically, there's TWO issues of this record, which is cat# SG-219 - a version
    which is SG-219 DJ which has Dancin & Prancin instead of Thous FIn Man, and then simply SG-219 which is this one, CDN only I think and obviously much harder to find. Then there's another completely different Jingo 12" to complicate matters further... sheesh.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Strange, I wouldn't have guessed that Candido 12" was that rare/expensive. I must be thinking of a different single from that album.

Basically, there's TWO issues of this record, which is cat# SG-219 - a version
    which is SG-219 DJ which has Dancin & Prancin instead of Thous FIn Man, and then simply SG-219 which is this one, CDN only I think and obviously much harder to find. Then there's another completely different Jingo 12" to complicate matters further... sheesh.

Regardless there's the money for your new digital camera (may I suggest a Canon?).

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i always find cool records in shitty condition. like someone tied em to the back of a car and drove with em for 45 miles. good music. great price (7 bucks to be exact). horrible horrible condition. i think there was 1970s applesauce on the Betty Wright. atleast i hope it was applesauce.

its not. too bad "vinyl treasures" is out of his mind with his prices, another reason why his 12"s will continue to sit on ebay unsold. the only thing close is the crashers 12". leon ware 12" has completely deflated.

its not. too bad "vinyl treasures" is out of his mind with his prices, another reason why his 12"s will continue to sit on ebay unsold. the only thing close is the crashers 12". leon ware 12" has completely deflated.

OG "thousand finger man" 12" is a canadian only salsoul. very rare. worth a grip...
    if somebody wants to make my bank account grow, i've got a very clean spare... PM me...

• Had this in the shop for at least 5 months. Played it in the store yesterday and took it home last night. Early Moroder LP. Very atmospheric.

its not.

I'm sure you've got a stockpile of these in your pantry, right? This is the real deal, buddy.

• Had this in the shop for at least 5 months. Played it in the store yesterday and took it home last night. Early Moroder LP. Very atmospheric.

I love when that happens. One of the true benefits of owning a record shop!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    i always find 45s[/b] in shitty condition with no sleeves[/b]

My weekday find was one of these (Not really a find more like a drawn out negotiation):

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

What is the story with that Hot Chocolate LP, I bought for a buck late last year & then threw it in the rubbish because I thought it was wack, did I miss something?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    What is the story with that Hot Chocolate LP, I bought for a buck late last year & then threw it in the rubbish because I thought it was wack, did I miss something?

English Soul act. Nothing spectacular.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

yea. nothing too mind blowing. i just didnt feel like leaving it out.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

yea. nothing too mind blowing. i just didnt feel like leaving it out.
    OK, cool.