Cover art that justify bad records...

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone keep mediocre to shitty records just for the cover art? I do this quite a bit... Anyhow...here's a couple recent lackluster finds that I was excited about due to the artists, and cover art, but in the end, only the cover art made them keepers:I love this cover... This dude has some dope shit, so I was expecting alot from this, but nah... Samurais vs. the army... never seen the movie but it's gotta be some time travel shiz...

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Here's one I like:

I saw this on sale at ebay for $500, and Im not sure why. The music is a very crappy recording. If you look closely, you can see both of their camel toes and his sweaty pits.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

Renaissance of smut????

• Wow...who knew Mrs. Miller was such a head???

• no WAY!!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

no WAY!!!!

what is the band like on this - is it actual psychsploitation music? can you post a clip of her version of "Green Tambourine??"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    These are a couple I have had up on my wall, although the images are eBay jacks - I used to grab records with cool covers from my job all the time:

The Randy Weston isn't bad at all, but I fully admit I grabbed it from the record store I worked at really for the cover alone. I had a nice beat/bohemian cover gallery back in the 90's, also including this one that I still see around:

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

what is the band like on this - is it actual psychsploitation music? can you post a clip of her version of "Green Tambourine??"

If I could I would but you aren't missing much. The music is pretty true to the originals.

Anyone ever make brownies that look like that? What's she got in there...2 lbs?

• jahlion2jahlion2 25 Posts
    Anyone keep mediocre to shitty records just for the cover art? I do this quite a bit... Anyhow...

I bought a copy of Big Bear "Doin Thangs" for the cover alone. I've had it for several years but i don't know if it's shitty or not - i've never opened it.

I don't have a digital camera, but in case you're not familiar with this most amazing Pen & Pixel creation, here is a small pic

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I bought a copy of Big Bear "Doin Thangs" for the cover alone. I've had it for several years but i don't know if it's shitty or not - i've never opened it.

I don't have a digital camera, but in case you're not familiar with this most amazing Pen & Pixel creation, here is a small pic

http://www.soundcircuit.com/wackwatch/covers/

that shit cracks me up.