WHAT'S FOR DINNER???

LazerLazer 796 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
sloppy joes made w/ pasture fed organic beef. white buns of course.mixed green salad w/ yellow peppers, tomatoes, avocado, balsamic vinegrette.bottle o' crane lake sangiovese.what are all y'all culinary masters cookin' up???with love, lil' nicky lazer

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    leftovers...prime cuts is sick

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    see, i would expect something like prime cuts of meat from someone with a screen name like yours.

• spicy eggplant curry w/ peas & shrooms

cucumber mint yogurt & rice

see, i would expect something like prime cuts of meat from someone with a screen name like yours.

I had some last night. Dry aged prime strip steak! mmmm bitch..
    tonight leftovers, seltzer & nyquil

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Wifey hooked up some baked chicken, over cooked veggies and some vegetable rottini pasta.

• Was gonna make pork chops and asparagus tonight, but got lazy after work. Ordered a pizza.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Roasted Veal Loin w/ Sour Cream/chipotle Baked potatoes & Pale Ale.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    We had two banjo players (coincidental) over for dinner this evening. I enjoy cooking for people who enjoy eating.

For starters, we had a simple meat and cheese plate of Ossau-Iraty (a Basque region French sheep's cheese that is fucking delicious) and Bressola Biellese (an air-dried, thinly sliced beef) along with Spanish olives. My girlfriend chose a red wine. I drank coffee, staying focused.

I served a salad of mesculun, dried cranberries, hand-husked and -crushed salted pistachios, diced Bartlett pears dressed with balsamic vinegarette.

The main dish was fusilli with a homemade sauce that is less like sauce and more like a ratatouille.The sauce is made by saut??ing diced onion, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic in virgin olive oil until they resembled a Too $hort byeatch (sweet'n'tenda), then adding diced tomatoes (with their juices), fresh ripped basil, fresh oregano and spices. Simmer for an hour or so.

I also saut??ed green onions, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil. Once saut??ed, I mixed them with fresh ricotta and spread on a sliced baguette and baked them. It's like yummy Italian toast.

While we ate we listened to Townes Van Zandt.

The banjo players have left, I've just finished brewing coffee and am enjoying a digestive cookie while listening to some '90s industrial album.

• baked eggplant in marinara sauce w/ parmesian cheese

+

mushroom and barley soup

=

some mighty good eatin

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

you callin' me bitch?????

eggplant is always getting love in these threads, i'm gonna have to make some. anyone got a good recipe???

sounds like you had a good dinner Bam!!!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Tax return came so...

Shanghai Garden for the famous hand shaven barley green noodle stylee!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Man Im jealous of all this food you guys have been eatin'

I got a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday and have had nothing but soup and juice for 30+ hours with no end in site. I am starving and having a hard time taking pain meds on an empty stomach. Please recommend some tasty filling liquidy soft things. Peanut butter and hummus are sound pretty good. Went and got some rice pudding after work today so that was a nice little treat. Cant wait to get some protein in me though.

• eggplant is always getting love in these threads
    eww, thats the only thing i dont like, that i know about. Eggplant and weird meat. I will eat it i just don't like it that much.

Dinner=Thai food.. mmmmmm
    Little bit of, this little of that. all aspects of the menu covered in 4 dishes and a app.

That was a while ago im gonna go eat left overs. with :strong sauce:

• flat iron steak with seared scallops and rosemary mushrooms.
    two chimay reds.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

Flammekuchen

+

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    the sun was shinin and the ducks flew into the kitchen takin sinasappelzuurkool topinembur and licorice syrop along .

tournedos meiknol and sweet and sauer sherryjus compliment with postelein

big fat tarbot (get them while they are still alive) strawberries in estragon vinegar met krieltjes

my kitchen is on fire.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    ummmmmmm, i don't understand what you're talking about, but that shit looks delicious!!!!! are you a chef????

i'm takin' the lady here tonight.

http://www.dineatconfluence.com/index.html

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    eggplant is always getting love in these threads, i'm gonna have to make some. anyone got a good recipe???

Do the Eggplant Parmesean but use Fontina chesse for nice texture.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    private-chef.
    these were taken at the last restaurant i worked.
    3years non-stop about 80 hours a week.
    now i coook casuel for a lotta eurie and have time left to play out.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

big fat tarbot (get them while they are still alive) strawberries in estragon vinegar met krieltjes

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    private-chef.
    these were taken at the last restaurant i worked.
    3years non-stop about 80 hours a week.
    now i coook casuel for a lotta eurie and have time left to play out.

damn!!!!!!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Right now I have a casserole cooking.

Onion, carrots, fresh chili w/ seeds, tomato paste, canned tomatoes, cauliflower, green peppers, celery, red curry, cocoa milk, chick peas.

Going to let it simmer for just over an hour to get some real taste out of it.

Served with a small helping of brown rice and fresh spinach and melon salad.

Water with dinner, then maybe some fresh pineapple for desert.

And lastly, an incredibly cold beer (3??-4??C) to end things.

I meant mmmm bitch (insert david chappelle)

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

I meant mmmm bitch (insert david chappelle)

right on. hahahaha.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

Going to let it simmer for just over an hour to get some real taste out of it.

amen, this cannot be stessed enough. got that REAL taste out of the sloppy joes by simmering for an hour+. dude, it's -12 F and i'm gonna heat up some leftovers.