Anyone ever get a Red light Photo Ticket?

2»

Comments

• Hey guys,
    Barring JustAlice's brake issues, here's an idea: Don't run red lights (NoMobbDeepReference). You being in a hurry can kill someone over some bullshit. Stop it. Yes,

Haha, that's what i was going to say, i always hear people complaining and calling these fines bullshit for either breaking the speed limit or going through redlights...

wow, seriously? the "if you don't want trouble don't break the law" line or reasoning?

When it leads to many many deaths then yes...

• sorry dudes, red lite running is one of my huge driving pet peeves, there is no excuse for it, no excuse whatsoever...dangerous as hell, people get hurt A LOT from red-light runners. Sorry, just the wat I feel...pay your ticket and just be happy you didnt plow into someone.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Get t boned once by someone who runs a red light and holleur back. I think your commentary would be different. Lateness or impatience is not worth taking out an innocent person.

• once i got hit walking the crosswalk in the financial district when a business broad on her cell phone didn't notice the red light and did not brake in time. i remember i started a thread about it here. i regret not trying to get more money out of her. but ehh, i did not get hurt bad.

it was really scary though. it could have been wayyy worse if i didn't scream when i realized she was not planning to stop

• I got hit with one for speeding on the Morrison bridge in Portland last year. It had a color picture of me at the wheel and it was so obviously me there was just no way I could contest it. Now whenever I see any kind of flash of light when I'm driving I get a sinking feeling.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

I will fight shit tooth and nail especially if it's $$$ related. It's not easy to get over on the fuzz though. I didnt know that this would affect my insurance so that sucks. But really I can not stop fast until I get new brake pads and I was nervous to push it. Im still going to try to work with that I think.

I can not stop fast until I get new brake pads and I was nervous to push it.

get new brake pads[/b]

Dude I know. I am working on it. This has been one of the longest weeks ever. I dont think its ok to run red lights and my apologies to anyone who has ever been a victim of a red light runner or know someone who has.

I am pretty new at this driving thing in general and like I said I had a downhill bad-brake experience that scared the shit out of me. Anyways the issue with my brakes is a new thing. Im just getting familiar with all the sounds my old truck makes and what they mean. Im extra cautious and think every little creek and whistle is something I need to fix. Anyhow, point taken, but I still think in that moment safety was a concern as I felt if my brakes went out then it would cause much much worse problems down the road. Literally.

• I also got a parking ticket in Oakland for parking in front of my apartment during street sweeping. Street sweeping in front of my apartment happens on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month. The ticket was issued on the third Tuesday, which meant there wasn't any street sweeping. I even went in person to protest the ticket and explain this to them. My protest was denied. Fuckers.

I have street sweeping TWICE a week in front of my pad. I have a motorcycle I always keep outside and i always have to push it to whatever side of the street isn't being swept. Every once-in-a-while I get a ticket when I forget.

• Dude I know. I am working on it.

I didn't mean to call you out or anything. I'm sure you know what's up.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    it could have been wayyy worse if i didn't scream when i realized she was not planning to stop

Please to leave Elise alone, already.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    You city slickers got it bad

Its $50 here (not that I've ever gotten hit...)