Did Primo get himself some microwave popcorn?

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Dude. So Busted.

• :hippocrate:

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

he travels with ben wallace????

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Someone better splash some Orville Redenbacher all over his setup. Dude is posin'.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i dont get it?

• Preem's pretty much the only headlining DJ I can think of who's taken a hardline AGAINST Microwave (naming his newest mixtape "No Talent Required" etc). So people are calling him out for not practicing what he preaches.

• In fact, was it bit Premier who coined "microwave" as it applies to Microwave?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    It was only a matter of time.
    I dont think he was against it just the lame dj's that use it.

• He is just lurkin on Soulstrut while he does a gig...dont jump to conclusions.

• I dont think he was against it just the lame dj's that use it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I dont think he was against it just the lame no dues paying dj's that use it.

In Primo's defense, dude has come out and said he's not against it, but you should have to earn it. And in a way, I agree.

• I dont think he was against it just the lame no dues paying dj's that use it.

In Primo's defense, dude has come out and said he's not against it, but you should have to earn it. And in a way, I agree.

cosign. We are talking about a dude who would pay $$$ out of his own pocket to press up instrumentals of ALL his beats to use for live shows with Gangstarr.

• I dont think he was against it just the lame no dues paying dj's that use it.

cosign. We are talking about a dude who would pay $$$ out of his own pocket to press up instrumentals of ALL his beats to use for live shows with Gangstarr.

right. premo has been saying that Microwave and related programs are something to earn and has openly said for a while that he's using one. its the posers that get it and start downloading music without the knowledge or effort of getting dusty that he speaks out against. don't trip.

• Yeah, I understand where he's coming from, though it's tough to take that stance without coming off a tad salty

Ironically, the only people who have ever given me any shit about using microwave myself are people with absolutely NO clue what a DJ does, or history paying any attention to such things.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Primo doesn't hate on Microwave. In fact he never actually saw it in use up close and personal until last April when me, Primo and Max Glazer spun a gig in Atlanta. When he got the chance to check it out he was into it.

And the other dude in the photo (up at the top of teh thread) is his man Black who rolls with him to shows, aka the "stick up kid" from the "Just To Get A Rep" video.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Maybe it's another DJ on the bills setup.

But in anycase...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

the uses for this are endless.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• Oh my fucking god.
    THAT is some retarded funny shit.

• How many times have some airlines lost primos records? I thought he was using this shit for a while now. I even read an interview right after his first gig with it saying something along the lines of Bad DJs are still bad DJs even if they use Microwave. For real though, I may be mistaken but didn't the airlines lose his shit multiple times?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Premier played all records at The Rub last night. No Se[/b]rato.

http://www.djayres.com/images/feb_07_rub/

• dayday 9,611 Posts

FUCK!

So jelly right now

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

just curious, what kind of set did he rock? classics? gangstarr best of? heat?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    gangstarr, biggie, jay-z, group home, jeru, showbiz & ag, black moon, fat joe, crooklyn dodgers, m.o.p., jadakiss, busta rhymes, nas, common, damian marley, dead prez, mobb deep, camron, jim jones, royce 5'9", james brown... he was really heavy on the mic hyping the crowd up on each joint.

• perhaps he wasn't using it?

could have been set up for a DJ before or after him

who knows??

Primo always had a stupid argument on Microwave anyway - almost like saying a writer should use a pen and paper instead of a word processor! Dumb!