POST ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE RECORDS

13»

Comments

• this:

but to add something to the thread:

• and this one rarely leaves the short stack next to the player

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

So, I'm not the only one who digs this LP.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Definitely the Hollies' best record (closely followed by Butterfly)... And one of my favorite psychedelic band album covers too.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

So, I'm not the only one who digs this LP.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Definitely the Hollies' best record (closely followed by Butterfly)... And one of my favorite psychedelic band album covers too.

I even sampled from it back in the late 80's ("Lullaby to Tim", played slowed and off-time, and set to a chopped up programmed version of "Johnny the Fox"). I've always appreciated psych pop stuff from this period.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

how is this? always been curious by the cover

It's sick. KD is an amazing guitarist... fuzz solos for days. In a lot of ways it's like La Cofradia de la Flor Solar, Part II. Which, of course, is entirely a good thing.

• Been playing that one almost daily lately. Would be almost perfect if it wasn't for "Quest for Fire." That song is straight-up turdsville.

Exactly. Sun & Steel is often times    to me, but it's way more listenable that Quest For Fire. I always wish that Clive played on this record and that Total Eclipse was saved for this record instead of the b-side of the Run To The HIlls single.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

Canadian funk/soul/rock.
    Hey, I thought I was the only one feeling this lp.....

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    From back in the day:

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

• - spidey

, that one's perfection. lots of killer albums in this thread.

this one's on my short list of desert island material:

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here is one:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Been thrashing this one lately - the arrangements are so good, the band is stax session musos and Rance's voice is fire!

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Hey,

Here is one:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    Hey Big Stacks,
    Interesting that this is one of your favourites. I've always passed this by due to my dislike of Noel Redding and how he demanded the Hendrix Experience record "She's So Fine" on Axis Bold As Love.
    I will check it out properly next time i see it.

• mateomateo 163 Posts

One of...