Comments

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

Crazy expensive, though... I can't see paying $2k-$5k for a new one when nice old-school Rhodes are readily available for $700-$900.

No Logic 8 announcement =

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

Crazy expensive, though... I can't see paying $2k-$5k for a new one when nice old-school Rhodes are readily available for $700-$900.

sheeeeiiit. my roomate picked a tight one up for 400. you just gots to be patient.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

sheeeeiiit. my roomate picked a tight one up for 400. you just gots to be patient.

Yeah...things need to be cheaper but you just can't physically manufacture and sell such a well put together piece of equiptment for under a grand these days.

That said, when you hear a CLEAN Rhodes with the OG cabinet it's magic.

Overall NAMM has been shit, nothing other than the Boomchick caught my eye, and there's almost no info out on that yet.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    oh i own one already in real good condition
    bringin the rhodes back into production was not somethin i was expecting
    i do wonder what the quality of the build will be like

also i did see that boomchik on another forum
    that could be pretty interesting

anyone on this board attend the event?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    nothing other than the Boomchick caught my eye

Is this stll just a banner, or was there a prototype? I heard they had the banner made to gauge interest, might not even happen...

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

Yeah...things need to be cheaper but you just can't physically manufacture and sell such a well put together piece of equiptment for under a grand these days.

That said, when you hear a CLEAN Rhodes with the OG cabinet it's magic.

Yeah for sure... the build quality on the old Rhodes is something you rarely see nowadays. To replicate it would be really expensive.

Even the quality of the metal on the fasteners is really high. I stripped out half a set of cheap Chinese screwdriver heads when I was servicing the tines on a friends'.

The point is that you don't have to be patient - you may have to wait around to get one for cheap, but if you're in a hurry you can spend more and get one any day of the week.

With so many on the secondary market I question how well a new model will sell for a couple grand more.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    About the new Rhodes Mark 7:

It is not in production and the models that were on display for the NAMM are prototypes. They are NOT new pianos. They are a mix of the old Mark V and a new case plus some additional features.

However the heart of the piano is basicly old parts taken out of mark 5s. The tines and the in and outputs (as you can see on the namm pics...) are from 80s machines and also contain rust and oxidated tines.

So before you go mad for one of these you might consider a suitcase 73 like homie in the rhodes thread

I know I'm gonna check these out for sure when they hit the stores - but I guess I'll rather end up paying ~900 for a nice stage 73 mark 1 instead of tossing out a few G's on a wolf in sheeps clothing

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Back on the NAMM subject, here are some new products that seem to be interesting:

-Bricasti Reverb

-Fender/Roland VG Stratocaster using variax technology

And of course an array of outboard gear including the lunchboxes from SSL & API.

I guess that sums up the products that caught my interest this year.

I hope the pictures show now