Adobe Illustrator Heads

highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I am trying to create a logo that I drew by hand in Adobe Illustrator. Now, I know how to do what I want in Photoshop, but I want to create it in Illustrator so it is vector based (aka infinitely resizable). Needless, to say I am absolutely retarded at using this program.Ok what I want to do.... Basically, I recreated the majority of the logo using rectangle shapes and I have it all layed out on a grid...looks nice. I needed to make curved lines on some of the letters so I used the curved line tool to do this. Now I have it all layed out like I wanted to but I need to make the entire logo one solid color. So, now I have grouped everything together (all the rectangles & curved lines) to make it one moveable object.Now the majority of the work looks great, moves around together (is grouped), but how the hell do I make the entire thing one solid color? The rectangles and the curved lines are already black, but there is a white space between the curved lines and the rectangles. In photoshop I could just take the paint bucket and fill in the area making it all black, but apparently it is not so simple in illustrator.Sorry about the confusing description but, more simply, I have an outline created of rectangles & curved lines that are now grouped together to form 1 letter, but there is remaining whitespaces.HELLLPPP MEEE

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I hope you're using CS2 cause I have 2 words for you: A HREF=http://redjar.org/jared/blog/archives/2005/05/19/adobe-illustrator-cs2-live-trace/>Live Trace/A>.

• Ok, I am using CS2, and that looks like it could work. I guess I'll try making it in Photoshop and using live trace.

The thing is I want to learn at least the basics of Illustrator and the logo I am creating is very simple. I am going to upload the hand made one to give a better idea of what I'm trying to do.

thanks for your suggestion...it just might work

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Needless, to say I am absolutely retarded

HELLLPPP MEEE

Boom -shaka-laka...

LOL

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    You can just scan your hand drawn pic and Live Trace it in Illustrator.

• here it is

it is a take on the 80s Chicago White Sox logo...anyway

I just realized that I am actually using CS1, and I would rather recreate it so the proportions are perfect (I drew it out using grid paper)

peace..

• elise, in all your years as being a woman, you really know how to kick a man when he's down!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    what does CIR symbolize??

I thnk i missed that...I see the sox influence, fo sho.

• Compound Interest Records

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Easiest way with simple pieces like this is using the path-vector drawing tool,
    if you hold down (apple) you can tweak the curves to your liking, it takes a little practice but youll get the hang of it.

Just create a new layer, press P and set p to make a vector mask, you can specify the color and transparency and off you go. Best thing about this is, these are not rastered, which means, you are not stuck at a certain format and resolution.