what kind of changes do you want in the US Gov't?

124»

Comments

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    not for nothing, but its pretty pathetic if you feel that its the responsiblity of the federal government to teach everyone how to cook for themselves.

Well, I'm not saying quite that, am I? This would be a per-state thing, like most curriculum. Besides, didn't everyone take at least one home economics class?

I think what I'm agreeing with is the idea that our public school system should teach more useful classes and more life skills. Who would you have teach kids to balance a checkbook?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    not for nothing, but its pretty pathetic if you feel that its the responsiblity of the federal government to teach everyone how to cook for themselves.

Well, I'm not saying quite that, am I? This would be a per-state thing, like most curriculum. Besides, didn't everyone take at least one home economics class?

I think what I'm agreeing with is the idea that our public school system should teach more useful classes and more life skills. Who would you have teach kids to balance a checkbook?

how 'bout maybe speaking english.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts

how 'bout maybe speaking english.

I would agree with this.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Lighten up. It's just Soulseek.[/b]

Why are we talking about China in this thread, though? Seriously.

wait a minute...wait a minute...wait a minute. you telling me that ive been talking nonsense (and getting some hate) this whole time and not uploading mp3's? FUCK!!!!!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Less spying on citizens would make me happy. I don't expect much, but I think Privacy is one topic that the government could learn to respect more as far as the citizenry is concerned.

Sad part is, there is so much money in exploiting our privacy that I think it will only get worse no matter what party is running things.

Excuse me, runnin' thangs.

• not for nothing, but its pretty pathetic if you feel that its the responsiblity of the federal government to teach everyone how to cook for themselves.
    thats what ive been doing for the last 3 years in philly high schools. is this pathetic?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Comparing someone who works a dormitory dining hall to a department head, in terms of compensation, is not going to be very productive.

I'm not talking about working in the caf. And while my raise this years was much better than 9 cents. I know there are some around here who got that and do things that are much more valued than making food and picking up garbage. Lets just try to agree that there are many people out there making way more than they are worth and many more out there making less than.

Sure. But I'm a little suspicious of this idea that universities are huge wasters of money that just need some limits set and some financial restraint. I think they should get more money, not less.

Universities are huge wasters of money, at least in Canada. It's awful.