SOULSTRUT EXCLUSIVE: SOULMAN presents G.U.N

13»

Comments

• Oh man...I think it's the 4th joint? Fresh freshidy fresh. And the second joint is the dopeness too. My Earstrodamus prediction is the 4th joint is gonna be the favorite for most cats.

"mmmmmmmm....love leet let luuuuuuu...luuu...luuu..."

At least that's what it sounds like

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    hey, do you have stores lined up in the Burgh where we'll be able to pick this up? or do you just leave that to the distros...

We're gonna make sure that it's in stores in the Burgh, no question... do you have any underground spots that deal with vinyl out there? Definitely there will be cds at the important spots, that's for sure.

yeah there's a few-
    720 (720records.com) (DJ-type shop run by some friends)
    Stedeford's (family run spot for commercial hip-hop, vinyl, etc.)
    Brave New World (hip hop/punk underground, vinyl, local)

i'm probably forgetting some places, other Pgh heads help out, but i'm sure your boys know the deal.

btw, wasn't 'Candelaria' a pitcher for the Pirates in the 80s?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

btw, wasn't 'Candelaria' a pitcher for the Pirates in the 80s?

John 'Candy Man' Candelaria - part of that '79 Pirates Championship team, also featuring Willie Stargell, Dave 'Snake' Parker, Omar Moreno, Phil Garner, and sidearmin' Kent Tekulve... Soundtrack: Sister Sledge 'We Are Family'...

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Oh man...I think it's the 4th joint? Fresh freshidy fresh. And the second joint is the dopeness too. My Earstrodamus prediction is the 4th joint is gonna be the favorite for most cats.

"mmmmmmmm....love leet let luuuuuuu...luuu...luuu..."

At least that's what it sounds like

Good lookin' willieev! (P.S.: wait 'til they hear "Vaughn". Wait til they hear "New Barnyard". )

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    OK, I just listened to this, and it is really fucking good. It's got that East Coast introspective Queensbridge thug vibe (early Mobb, AZ, Nas) and I'm definitely feeling that. The beats are too much as well - I love the way you flipped the Dionne Warwick sample on that one joint - I just did a beat using that same track, but it ain't hitting like that. OK, off the nuts and back to the lab - I'll be checking London spots when it drops, so keep us posted about Euro distribution.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Soulman, i musta been high when i listened to this ish the first time. i just went and relistened, and these joints are KNOCKIN!!! cant wait for it to drop

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Soulman, i musta been high when i listened to this ish the first time. i just went and relistened, and these joints are KNOCKIN!!!

My man, if anything - should not this be the other way around?

Who shelled out for Barely Legal?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Props Soulman, shits knockin like Willie Stargell homers!

OK, I just listened to this, and it is really fucking good. It's got that East Coast introspective Queensbridge thug vibe (early Mobb, AZ, Nas) and I'm definitely feeling that. The beats are too much as well - I love the way you flipped the Dionne Warwick sample on that one joint - I just did a beat using that same track, but it ain't hitting like that. OK, off the nuts and back to the lab - I'll be checking London spots when it drops, so keep us posted about Euro distribution.

Soulman, i musta been high when i listened to this ish the first time. i just went and relistened, and these joints are KNOCKIN!!! cant wait for it to drop

Well, daaag... I leave out to go to my grandmama's "homecoming celebration" (as the good Rev. Eddie Holman called it today- also known as "funeral") and come back to find that both dudes who (publicly) weren't feelin' the G.U.N shizz are now actually on board with it? This is truly heavenly intervention right here, peoples! Thanks, Mom Mom.

DocBeez, I really appreciated your PM and will be replying as soon as I get a minute.
    Once again, thanks for all words of support and even bigger thanks for all constructive critiques. I will let y'all know when it's time to start sendin' folls free copies- should be very soon.

Oops... DocMcCoy & DocBeezy = not the same person, I assume. My bust.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Peace to your grandmother Phill. My best to your family.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Phill,

My condolences for the lost of your grandmother. I lost one of my grandmothers last year so I feel your pain, bruh. I wish your family comfort during this sad time.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Oops... DocMcCoy & DocBeezy = not the same person, I assume. My bust.

Don't worry about it. Sorry about your loss.