Does the chocolate suck?

AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I've got verizon and I've been up for my "new every 2" for over 8 months now.I haven't upgraded yet because I think they all suck. Sadly, the best consumer rated verizon phone (LG_VX8300) is rather large in design so I was leaning toward the chocolate slider or the newer chocolate flip LG VX8600.Does anyone have either of these? Pro's, con's? I could really care less about the MP3 player crap, I'm far more concerned with overall comfort and feel, button placement, battery life, reception, earpiece clarity & loudness, size, etc... The chocolate slider feels great but I notice the hangup button is right on the side and it has no antennae which always makes me wonder considering nearly all the others still do.Anyone???I doubt I'll wait for the apple phone. Verizon isn't gonna have it for a while and I rarely buy first generation anyway.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I have the model before this and

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Now, in the commercial they do say the Chocolate is for the DJ...blag.

I know youre on a contract but I think the iphone is pretty dope, my boy was showing me the other day

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think the chocolate is like the razor. Just a fashionable talking stick.

• jesus, that thing looks bigger than a psp.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    jesus, that thing looks bigger than a psp.

thats some ferris bueller shit!

hahaha

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Nice as that dude was who found your old phone, I bet he would have kept this one.

• I've got verizon and I've been up for my "new every 2" for over 8 months now.

Yeah I'm in the same boat with the 2 year discount and considered the Chocolate since it would be free. Thing is, I don't want to sign up for another 2 year contract just to get that phone. VZN service/reception has definitely declined. I get way more dropped calls now and their data plans for PDA phones are pricier than others. Plus, I know 3 dudes with the Chocolate and all of them say the functionality is disappointing (although they do look clean). I'm definitely switching over to Cingular anticipating the Iphone. Saw the live demo at Macworld and that thing is fresh!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Nice as that dude was who found your old phone, I bet he would have kept this one.

Ha(I probably would have too)! For real. That was one of those times that makes you believe all is not lost with humanity. I have since stepped my cell phone game up.