Weekend finds

2»

Comments

• tsotso 39 Posts
    Terje Rypdal - Bleak House LP (keeper)

Nice 01. Is it the Polydor 1968 orig? Rare and expensive!!!

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

sat-sun digz

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    DAMNNNNNN

lemme holler at one of those Heaven Sent and Ecstasy's

DAMNNNNNN

un-sealed hype

minez are sealed

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    haven't been out on the hunt lately. life is busy. real world moves indeed take up time. been enjoying trading and buying w/ friends, acquaintances, new partners, etc. keeping a steady supply of sound when waking up is difficult. these are over the past few weeks- some from a weekend trip to NYC, others from all corners. thanks to any that sent these my way.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    DAMNNNNNN

un-sealed hype

minez are sealed
    they were cheap, i take it?

DAMNNNNNN

un-sealed hype

minez are sealed
    they were cheap, i take it?
    those 3 spoken for by homie who's spot im not blowing up...
    sorry loc'

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    well done on the Wganda Kenya, that's a good song.

my main new arrival is this pic sleeve 45:

I didn't know there was a 45 from this album. Seems to be a Spanish press, on the 'Zafiro' label.

• Options
    Skipped selling/buying at a record fair (sorry Moss!) to check a collection. It was worth it.

Been SO Long - Dericki Harriott

Caribbean Man Man Man's World

Sad Eyes

I like these records, K.

• Options
    Fixed the MAn's World link.

K.

• Spent this lovely sunny day in "Disco City" Montreal and scored a nice little batch of Classic Disco 12":

My favorite track by them.

Accurately called "late night funk" by Mr Lotusland on his auction. Nice early NY disco mix by Mel Cherren (West End). Haven't seen this on a 45.

Some Canaduh or Mtl heads knows the deal with this one. Don't be fooled by this ugly cover. IMO, a fabulous blend of early modern soul & funk here produced by Goldie Alexander's producer (Tony Green) in 1976. Local Mtl buisiness but still a tough score. Many dirty disco braeks. For some reasons, the sound on this one reminds me of some Miami TK/Cat productions from the time (like Little Beaver's "When Was The Last Time" LP for instance).

This is their famous hit. Still, that feels good inside.

This is an e-digging find and is not something every soulstrutter will go out and start digging for. Being seriously into italo/electronic music, that's a nice addition for me. One of the rare italo tracks i've heard with rap singing (!). S.I.A.E. y'all!

Not from the crates but from the contacts. Here's one for the boogie/80's funk freaks. UK funk band slappin' that bass (baby!).

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    y'all melting my face out here (no ayyo)

• well done on the Wganda Kenya, that's a good song.

my main new arrival is this pic sleeve 45:

I didn't know there was a 45 from this album. Seems to be a Spanish press, on the 'Zafiro' label.

Holy crap. My dick just turned into a japanese guy and shot right through the front of my pants.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    man its nice to see everyone coming up on some beautiful music. I can't front I'm jealous on some of the titles I see up here but I'm glad that cats on here are getting at them instead of others that may not care for the chunes as much as y'all would.

• lay off guzzo

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    DIE

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• This is the funniest shit i've seen in a minute!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Accurately called "late night funk" by Mr Lotusland on his auction. Nice early NY disco mix by Mel Cherren (West End). Haven't seen this on a 45.

There is a 45. I've had three copies of it; I bought the most recent one last week. It's OK, but more mellow than the TK versions. A bit , methinks. The b-side instrumental is better, synth solo and all, but I'd like to hear the 12" version, maybe it'll change my opinion on this track.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    Few bargain bin finds:

Grace Jones - Nipple to the bottle & My Jamaican Guy 12"s
    Karen Young - Hot Shot 12"
    CJ & Co - Devils Gun 12"
    Missy - 4 my People promo 12"
    Sean Paul - Like Glue promo 12"
    Change - The Glow of Love 7"
    Junior - Mama Used to Say 7"
    Stevie - Songs in the key of life 2/lp (mint up)
    Hip-House compilation lp

And a coupla house joints:

Nightwriters - Let the music use you 12"
    Djaimin - Give you 12"
    Soul Grabber - Motocross Madness 12"
    Nush - S/T 12"
    Diceman - Quad 12"

• The Guilloteens - Hey You! - HBR*
    [/b]* from a website selling it: "Memphis based gararge act, who Elvis cited once as his favourite band" Elvis the Garage Rocker! word!

These are pretty damn hard to find. This might be the only record that came out of my Mom's collection that was worth a damn. The flip "I Don't Believe" is probablly the most covered Memphis garage song in history. Lewis Paul told me they straight up ripped off the Kinks for "Hey You." Some asshole in Italy decided to reissue all of the Guiloteens 45s on one LP. Usually this would be cool but the band members had no idea this was going down. They came into the shop asking if we had their LP. I felt bad having to charge dudes $25 for their own music. What's funny is the LP is called "For My Own."
    Maybe I'll move to Italy with my Memphis underground raers and make a fortune reissuing all of them and not give a dime to the artists. Yeah...that'd be cool.

Thay have a couple of nice 45s on HBR and at least one on Columbia.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Nobb, the Karussell press.

Still pretty pleased, lovely album.

How much does the '68 press go for tho?

• tsotso 39 Posts

Nobb, the Karussell press.

Still pretty pleased, lovely album.

How much does the '68 press go for tho?

Real good album. Terje Rypdals debut, before ECM. Never seen the polydor press myself, but a record dealer I spoke to said it went for $500 last time he saw it.

• Shit, how is the Ebo Taylor??? Are there funk tracks there? His stuff that was on the Ghana Soundz comps were tight...