Computer Audio Card Help Needed!!!!

guy_alcindorguy_alcindor 621 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
OK, so basically I had my motherboard replaced a year ago, and my present sound card is utter shite, causing waaaaay too many glitches when I record wavs. I'm running Windows XP, Celeron(R) CPU 1.70GHz processor w/ 192 MB of RAM. I've been checking out M-AUDIO cards, but they're on the high end of what I want to spend. Can anyone recommend a quality card in the 50-100 dollar range that will do the trick in terms of being fool-proof for audio glitches? Any help appreciated...

Comments

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    192 mb of ram???????????

first bring that up to a gig or if you cant do that 512 mb. I think a gig is pretty standard for recording and sequencing purposes. I have a gig and my shit has no problem getting nasty on me - I will be upgrading to 2 gigs soon.

if you only have a hundo look for a used m-audio audiophile card on craigslist.

• yeah, you NEED ram.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    You can cop a Soundblaster brand card for pretty cheap, it should work fine. Just make sure it has a decent line in/preamp which most cards have these days.

Good luck!

• You can cop a Soundblaster brand card for pretty cheap, it should work fine. Just make sure it has a decent line in/preamp which most cards have these days.

Good luck!

True that.....also a surplus computer store may have a top of the line card from 2 years ago cheap.

Or this

http://www.chiefpick.com/SB0610_p/sc-sb0610.htm

Not a bad price.

• Damn...I want that now.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    If you want glitches and terrible recording quality Soundblaster is the way to go.

If you're interested in getting in the box what you actually send into it, get a maudio or some 100-200 $ firewire/soundcard and youll be happy for life.
    There is nothing worse than soundblasters and audigys and that crap - believe me.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    If you want glitches and terrible recording quality Soundblaster is the way to go.

Surriously. Get one of these or something:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Revolution51-main.html