Cadet Concept

13»

Comments

• ok, so is In Due Time LP any good?

I think it??s pretty good. Some funk, some psych, ballads and braeks. Some very cool, very weird sound effects and stuff at the end of the last track, which also has a great organ solo. Sounds like they recorded a construction site and put tons of echo on it, very Easy Rideresque...

- J

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Dan,

Here's a review of the John Lee Hooker LP. I think it's okay, but like the fuzzed out sound of the Howling Wolf and Waters' LPs on Cadet Concept better.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=1400

As for the Violanires here's the one I have:

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=1757

Thanks Motown, should've guessed I should checked your reviews before asking.

• thanks cosmophonic. im going to check it out

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Cadet Concept LPs[/b]

312 Rotary Connection S/T
    313 (not used)
    314 Muddy Waters Electric Mud
    315 Status Quo Messages From The Status Quo
    316 Salloom and Sinclair Salloom, Sinclair and the Mother Bear
    317 Rotary Connection Aladdin
    318 Rotary Connection Peace
    319 Howlin??? Wolf This Is Howlin??? Wolf???s New Album
    320 Muddy Waters After The Rain
    321 John Klemmer Blowin??? Gold
    322 Rotary Connection Songs
    323 Aesop???s Fables In Due Time
    324 Howlin??? Wolf S/T
    325 Joel Vance What I Did On My Vacation
    326 John Klemmer All The Children Cried
    327 Salloom and Sinclair S/T
    328 Rotary Connection Dinner Music
    329 Archie Whitewater S/T
    330 John Klemmer Eruptions
    331 Aesop???s Fables S/T
    50006 Rotary Connection Hey Love
    50010 Colonel Bagshot Oh! What a Lovely War

• my homeslice dj orb met up with Marshall Chess in the early 90's and mentioned Archie Whitewater to him - Marshall was shocked that of all the albums from the catalog he brought up that one.
    Marshall said that there is a second Archie Whitewater LP that was recorded but never released.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    my homeslice dj orb met up with Marshall Chess in the early 90's and mentioned Archie Whitewater to him - Marshall was shocked that of all the albums from the catalog he brought up that one.
    Marshall said that there is a second Archie Whitewater LP that was recorded but never released.

OH MY GOD... REALLY??????

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Stretch yourself to ??74 and get Jack McDuff??s "Fourth Dimension" LP. So dope.

Cadet Concept is one of my favourite labels. So many dope records! The Aesops Fables "In Due Time" LP is great, and all that "updated" mega funky blues stuff is fantastic!

- J

Yo Cosmo,

I always big up "Big City Bump" off of that LP. Also, you left out "Sophisticated Funk" too by McDuff (1976). So, many great albums on Cadet Concept, one of my favorite labels (as I've said 1,000,000 times on here). My favorite joint off of there is "Songs", but I like many others. Their production and studio mixing was for the time period. I also endorse checking out the Violinaires if you like Black, quartet Gospel music. Also, Rev. C.L. Franklin has some good preaching LPs (on Chess, I believe) as well (see "Salt of the Earth").

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak