Going off on the 33 strings.

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I don't know how many people are hip to the musical wonders of the Marx Brothers... But I just found this site. Check these videos for some dopeness... start with At the Circus. http://www.harpomarx.net/solos.html

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    cool mang, all them were great musicians. I think Chico (the one who Teller copied) was the craziest musician.
    You know, before they shot their movies, they used to go on the road and perform them for a year to get the timing right.

• Yeah man, I just read a horrrible biography of Groucho... Dude made him out to be Hitler or something...

But hell yeah... I think the stage was more important to them then the movies anyhow...

Chico is fucking crazy on the piano. They weren't technically the greatest musicians, but it was the way they played... crazy individual and unique styles.

Always thought they woulda made crazy scratchers.

Wish I could find a site like that for Chico.

Oh, and what do you mean about Teller? From Pen and Teller? If so, wouldn't that have been Harpo? Harpo was the one who never talked.

Peace...

FNM

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Oh, and what do you mean about Teller? From Pen and Teller? If so, wouldn't that have been Harpo? Harpo was the one who never talked.

yeah, my bad.

• When he was younger, Chico used to compete with George Gershwin for piano jobs in the silent movie theaters...