VANGAURD SQUAD MOTHERFUCKER

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    We got our stock of Vanguard Squad 45s today at Jump Jump Music. All of them have the hand bound book.

Dan

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    We got our stock of Vanguard Squad 45s today at Jump Jump Music. All of them have the hand bound book.

Dan
    proper...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    who I gotta fuck to get one of these books?

prolly a girl in a green impala, then walk nxt store & cop it from us at work

I think a gummer will do.. page Bam

I think a gummer will do.. page Bam

I look toothless to you mah'fucka?

haha, had you confused with Jinx, sorry.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Hate to break up these happy mental images, but I got mine in the mail today and all I can say is

You guys put alot of effort into this and it shows.

propers

now it's time you submit a pic with the t-shirt on so we can add you to the going list...

• Just got mine yesterday (record, not gun) complete with booklet and stickers and all I have to say is...

Right fuckin' on!

Puttin' the party back into the revolutionary party.

I'm very impressed, solid content, good production, nice packaging, best record I've copped in awhile. Thanks.

SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)

• Who's shipping these heaters. Mine hasn't shown up yet. I'm gettin' itchy...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Got mine from Jumpjump last week:

You guys finally have your very own Dusty Groove Hype:

A mix of late 60s-styled outrage funk[/b] -- and neo-revolutionary hip hop beats, a la Public Enemy! The a-side "Revolushun", credited to Aspirin on the sleeve, balances spare organ, bass and drums with megaphone vocal commentary! "Vanguard Squad Main Title Theme", credited to Bambouche, resurrects a Bomb Squad-style sound -- with spare siren beats, Black Panther speechifying[/b] and hip hop gun talk! Comes in nice handmade letterpress sleeve, too! (Limited edition of 500 -- hand numbered!)

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Got mine from Jumpjump last week:

You guys finally have your very own Dusty Groove Hype:

A mix of late 60s-styled outrage funk[/b] -- and neo-revolutionary hip hop beats, a la Public Enemy! The a-side "Revolushun", credited to Aspirin on the sleeve, balances spare organ, bass and drums with megaphone vocal commentary! "Vanguard Squad Main Title Theme", credited to Bambouche, resurrects a Bomb Squad-style sound -- with spare siren beats, Black Panther speechifying[/b] and hip hop gun talk! Comes in nice handmade letterpress sleeve, too! (Limited edition of 500 -- hand numbered!)

Dope!
    Thanks dollar_bin. For those interested, Turntable Lab has it (on the second page of Daily Shipment) for sale as well.

Labor of love 7" from the Vanguard Squad. Hand letter-pressed covers house 2 tracks, both with a heavy political slant. Bambouch introduces us to the Squad with their "Main Title Theme," and it's musically tough and in your face. "Revolushun" by Aspirin opens with some militant Babylon system dialogue, breaking into a overweight funk track with some dub leanings. Nice touch to lock the groove at the end. Numbered edition of 500, definitely one for the 45 box at home. If you do some research you might recognize 2 of the squad's members from the Lab pages of old (Aspirin & Mr. Jeigh dropped the Off the Records II mix on our site about 3 years ago).

Sorry to those folks overseas, with the steep shipping costs. I think I handled everyone, but if you're still looking, PM me and we can figure it out.

Peace to mim in Croatia. He's been real cool.

Speechifyingly,
    ~Bam

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Dusty Groove Hype:

spare organ

Holler in the trades thread. My pancreas just went bust.

Asp i rin people...one 'i' not two..

still though, I'm not gonna sit here an argue minutea....glad to see the spare organ has been pick up on..

Canada and European distro is in the works so in my favorite strut quote..

"People....Hold On"

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Dan

Werd...Just submitted my order. Book comes with this too, right? I'm the dude with the speechtherapy email. Soulstrut support all around.

tom

Wow, the love is overflowing...seriously. Thank you to everyone who's picking this up.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    We just grabbed 10 copies with books for GOOD. NYers come holler!

Cheers guys.

• LewisLewis Connecticut 101 Posts
    thought this would be a good thread to highly recommentd this documentary . its is absolutely amazing and a must see. It aired on PBS not to long ago
    Death to the fascist insect that preys upon the life of the people.

We just grabbed 10 copies with books for GOOD. NYers come holler!
    Cheers guys.

Thanks Jonny!

And thanks to anasarcasm they will be in Hawaii soon. And the dude Casi (does he post here?) has hooked up a few Philly spots. And Sampo has some for the Helsinki crew. I think Cool Chris/Groove Merchant has some as well.

The books are starting to dwindle, so holler at them, lord knows deepstank's sewing finger is no longer free!

(Fresh coconut and grapes = so revolutionary)

Dan

Werd...Just submitted my order. Book comes with this too, right? I'm the dude with the speechtherapy email. Soulstrut support all around.

tom

I got my second order in and shipped back orders yesterday. All still have the book, which is a work or art in it self.

Phono your order is ready for UPS.

Shameless plug: My New Arrivals has that revolutionary bassline. Tomorrow's New Arrivlas will have more revolutionary sounds.

KSD is the best distributor I have ever worked with. Five stars best distributor on the net.

Dan

Back order status at Jumpjump = G A M E O V E R

KSD is the best distributor I have ever worked with. Five stars best distributor on the net.

Dan

good lookin out dan, we try our best!

Dan

That you? Thanks.

You've sent me some nice promo items. Ask for one when you order.

I've been listening to Baile Funk 2 which I ordered. I thought it was going to be that current Brazilian dance music that Diplo talks about. Instead it is a mix of Brazilian funk from the 70s, shades of disco and samba. [HARD AS F***/]

Also Impeach The Precedent, which Bam was talking about.

Dan

Dan

That you? Thanks.

You've sent me some nice promo items. Ask for one when you order.

I've been listening to Baile Funk 2 which I ordered. I thought it was going to be that current Brazilian dance music that Diplo talks about. Instead it is a mix of Brazilian funk from the 70s, shades of disco and samba. [HARD AS F***/]

Also Impeach The Precedent, which Bam was talking about.

Dan
    yeah man i work there, my boy is handling your account though cuz im out of ommision till i get this move to NY handled, so i been taking some time off, glad to hear it's working out, lemme know if you need anything i can make sure its handled, much respect

drez

I just talked to the good be people at Kajmere Sound Distribution. They are about sold out. That makes VS a HIT.

Those of you who got books consider yourselfs blessed.

Dan

• got it the other day and its really good stuff dudes.
    i could see using either track to open a set with.
    its actually on my turntable right now endlessly looping vanguard squad, vanguard squard, vanguard squad.....................nice touch

its actually on my turntable right now

If anybody would like to send photos for the Vanguard Scrapbook??? I'm keeping, I'd appreciate it. We're toying with the idea of putting them on the site, but obviously won't include yours if you don't want it. Either way, it'd be fun to see.

Peace, and thank you,
    ~Bam